such problems in this forum

S

swank

Banned
Awards
I have seemed to offend some, which all started in my "living in a dream world" thread. Well excuse me for speaking my mind and saying boxing isnt useless in the street against your average person. I disagreed with the great RODJA. All you weak asses out there jump in to defend Rodja when his claim makes absolutely no sense. It became boxing is not effective against mauy thai or any other art that includes kicks. Well yeah there is an advantage with kicks but the original post wasnt about mauy thai vs boxing it was boxing vs the average street guy so, ok... Then I had Rodja claiming Beta-Alanine isnt a amino-acid. Well it is Rodja, you say its a dipeptide. I beg to differ Rodja and you are flat out wrong. Then Rodja wants to complain because I googled it. Well Rodja I googled it to make sure but trust me I know my **** if you would ever like to speak on the molecular make-up of the human body. And then someone wants to congratulate Rodja for being the bigger man for not going on with me. Well no ****, I usually would shut my mouth when I have been proven wrong also/ Rodja I respect you and I dont care if you are wrong I have been wrong many many times in my life as well. But I dont respect the little faggots on here that want to jump into the conversation not knowing the conversation fully. Good luck in your match Rodja was it already or is it at the beginning of next month. Well good luck. This is my last post.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
This is my last post.
i have this weird inclination that you might post again.

and surely you will continuously click on this thread to see if anyone has responded to your rant.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
really man more drama...! give it a rest. if you really think this helps your case, it doesnt. calm down and chill out !

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
i have this weird inclination that you might post again.

and surely you will continuously click on this thread to see if anyone has responded to your rant.
hahaha so true!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
i think this guy is bi polar. first he gets crazy mad about stupid ****, then he appologizes, and now he is bashing again! oof

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
BRB' usin' poor grammar

IN before the ban.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Swank, you have serious problems. Try to get some help and don't hurt yourself or others in the meantime.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No need to hurl more insults at the guy. But I guess he won't be posting under that username anymore. Disagreements are sure to abound but you don't have to resort to name calling and other childish acts. I also think he doesn't quite get the atmosphere around here and thus was too easily offended.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
No need to hurl more insults at the guy. But I guess he won't be posting under that username anymore. Disagreements are sure to abound but you don't have to resort to name calling and other childish acts. I also think he doesn't quite get the atmosphere around here and thus was too easily offended.
Ya youre right, and hes banned anyway. Im just grouchy cuz i got kicked in the head today. Sparring like an open vagina puts a damper on my day. :dump:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No. If anything we took it extremely easy on him. If you make no sense, get angry at nothing, call people names constantly, etc you don't deserve to be treated nicely, thats for sure. You must not have read much of the trash that he posted. We gave him plenty of opportunities to stop, but he inisisted/wanted to be hated.

LOL at Robdog agreeing, bwahaha.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
No. If anything we took it extremely easy on him. If you make no sense, get angry at nothing, call people names constantly, etc you don't deserve to be treated nicely, thats for sure. You must not have read much of the trash that he posted. We gave him plenty of opportunities to stop, but he inisisted/wanted to be hated.

LOL at Robdog agreeing, bwahaha.
Shut up. I was having a rare moment of kindness.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just love that comment: boxing isn't useless against average people.

WTF? Um, I train my ***** slap technique hard, because it isn't useless against average ninnys. The whole 'I use X because it isn't USELESS' is just hilarious to me. The implication of training to master a technique because it isnt useless, as well as training to use something that will be effective against mediochre people only is awesome.

Hey, I take a .22 boar hunting because it isn't totally useless, I mean the boars bleed when I hit em and snort!

T

tadpolar

Awards
:think:
I just love that comment: boxing isn't useless against average people.

WTF? Um, I train my ***** slap technique hard, because it isn't useless against average ninnys. The whole 'I use X because it isn't USELESS' is just hilarious to me. The implication of training to master a technique because it isnt useless, as well as training to use something that will be effective against mediochre people only is awesome.

Hey, I take a .22 boar hunting because it isn't totally useless, I mean the boars bleed when I hit em and snort!
:think:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I carry 2 in knife instead of a 5 in, because it isn't useless against non-fighters.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think boxing is a great weapon for most street fights.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No doubt. The original thread that this thread stemmed from was a mess. The original argument was what would be better in a street fight: Boxing or full MMA training? The clear answer would be full MMA training, but Swank wouldn't acknowledge that was the debate at hand and went off on a tangent about how boxing is useful. Of course boxing is very useful in a streetfight, but I don't think many would argue that training at a good MMA camp and/or Krav Maga would be superior. The whole thing is a mess, caused by confusion on Swank's part, who is now Tadpolar.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt. The original thread that this thread stemmed from was a mess. The original argument was what would be better in a street fight: Boxing or full MMA training? The clear answer would be full MMA training, but Swank wouldn't acknowledge that was the debate at hand and went off on a tangent about how boxing is useful. Of course boxing is very useful in a streetfight, but I don't think many would argue that training at a good MMA camp and/or Krav Maga would be superior. The whole thing is a mess, caused by confusion on Swank's part, who is now Tadpolar.
Nice catch on the reincarnation of Swank. I was lost in the argument's direction myself. Because I thought boxing would be very effective against the average street fight too, but you made it clear to me. It's not whether boxing would be effective or not, the arguement was what would be more effective, boxing or full mma. Thanks for the clarification.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Nice catch on the reincarnation of Swank. I was lost in the argument's direction myself. Because I thought boxing would be very effective against the average street fight too, but you made it clear to me. It's not whether boxing would be effective or not, the arguement was what would be more effective, boxing or full mma. Thanks for the clarification.
Yep Swank's back. It's almost like he'll "never back down". :stick: (we didn't forget :nono:)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep Swank's back. It's almost like he'll "never back down". :stick: (we didn't forget :nono:)
I don't know what you're talking about, it might have been VolcomX312, gawd I hate that guy!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've been wondering why Volcom has been posting, it hasn't even been close to a week and he's made no effort to get others to admit which were the terms of being reinstated.

Seriously though, it's amazing that people assume everyone else is as dumb as they are. Did Swank really think we wouldn't pick up on the name, Tadpolar. People called him bipolar several times and then Swank gets banned and a dude appears a day later with the name Tadpolar? Come on. Then he responded in another thread with an entire paragraph. As if he doesn't have the most distinct writing style ever. He actually made decent sense in his response, but it was clearly him. I'm on about 5 grams of vicodin a day and that sh*t didn't slip past me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been wondering why Volcom has been posting, it hasn't even been close to a week and he's made no effort to get others to admit which were the terms of being reinstated.

Seriously though, it's amazing that people assume everyone else is as dumb as they are. Did Swank really think we wouldn't pick up on the name, Tadpolar. People called him bipolar several times and then Swank gets banned and a dude appears a day later with the name Tadpolar? Come on. Then he responded in another thread with an entire paragraph. As if he doesn't have the most distinct writing style ever. He actually made decent sense in his response, but it was clearly him. I'm on about 5 grams of vicodin a day and that sh*t didn't slip past me.
He actually posted a BJJ highlight vid I sort of liked.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
A mod can do an IP check to see if he's popped up again.

(I do it on the board I admin.)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
A mod can do an IP check to see if he's popped up again.

(I do it on the board I admin.)
I'm absolutely positive it's the same guy, but I don't care if he stays.

J

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think it is stupid because what's the point of getting in a fight anyway and if ur a trained boxer the other guy doesn't stand a chance. if u wanna box then box for the sport of it not because u wanna beat people up on the streets

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
i think it is stupid because what's the point of getting in a fight anyway and if ur a trained boxer the other guy doesn't stand a chance. if u wanna box then box for the sport of it not because u wanna beat people up on the streets
Jas, where is the god damn Wandy gif?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

This one's from Alex.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
apparently i'm out of the loop because i have no idea what's going on
If you read through this thread you should understand, although I can see why it would be confusing. This thread stemms from another thread which posed the question "What is the best martial art for street defense", I gave a re-cap in this thread about what that thread was about. Jay's response was just a general statement that boxing would be adequate against a street attack. None of us are trying to kick peoples ass' for no reason. We were just debating what would serve us best if we were to be attacked. The answer is probably a combo of MMA and Krav Maga. Others would work, but that is likely the most effective. Wand was shaking his head in disgust at your response, no offense.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Kimbo does pretty well with boxing in street fights. The art or style of combat isn't as important as the experience and conditioning of the combatant. If you are well trained and experienced in any art then you will likely be a formidble foe.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya youre right, and hes banned anyway. Im just grouchy cuz i got kicked in the head today. Sparring like an open vagina puts a damper on my day. :dump:
I'll take credit for that:duel:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kimbo does pretty well with boxing in street fights. The art or style of combat isn't as important as the experience and conditioning of the combatant. If you are well trained and experienced in any art then you will likely be a formidble foe.
We're assuming the combatant could be capable of anything, which is the only way to think. That's how we came to that reasonable conclusion.

LOL at Kimbo's street fights as an example. Those fights have rules, boxing only, no hitting on the ground, etc. It's basically just ghetto boxing it's not a street fight.

The moral of the story is that it helps to be well rounded and prepared for anything, Boxing is incomplete. It's still good, just sayin, no beef Wandito.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're assuming the combatant could be capable of anything, which is the only way to think. That's how we came to that reasonable conclusion.

LOL at Kimbo's street fights as an example. Those fights have rules, boxing only, no hitting on the ground, etc. It's basically just ghetto boxing it's not a street fight.

The moral of the story is that it helps to be well rounded and prepared for anything, Boxing is incomplete. It's still good, just sayin, no beef Wandito.
Those Kimbo fights definitely had rules. Remember how Kimbo's crew dropped a log everytime Gannon put him in a headlock/choke type position or threw in a knee.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I agree that it's important to be well rounded but if you are excceddingly good in one area then it may be good enough. Would you want to fight Kimbo in a street fight with no rules? You shoot in for a takedown and he could start dropping elbows on the back of your head. Or he stuffs your shot with some nice eye gouging and pounds your face in. The combatant and his innate skills are just as important as what he trains in.

I agree with what you're saying though and that's part of the reason I chose to train in MMA.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well he is gone for now, I am sure soon enough we will see him if he hasnt already made his return

J

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you read through this thread you should understand, although I can see why it would be confusing. This thread stemms from another thread which posed the question "What is the best martial art for street defense", I gave a re-cap in this thread about what that thread was about. Jay's response was just a general statement that boxing would be adequate against a street attack. None of us are trying to kick peoples ass' for no reason. We were just debating what would serve us best if we were to be attacked. The answer is probably a combo of MMA and Krav Maga. Others would work, but that is likely the most effective. Wand was shaking his head in disgust at your response, no offense.
gotcha

J

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i love how kimbo fought mostly fat white guys and the ones he fought that weren't had no idea how to throw a proper punch

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i love how kimbo fought mostly fat white guys and the ones he fought that weren't had no idea how to throw a proper punch
Yeah, I love how overhyped he is. I'm hoping he'll face some decent competition soon as I could probably make a small fortune in bets.

J

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I love how overhyped he is. I'm hoping he'll face some decent competition soon as I could probably make a small fortune in bets.
u see videos on youtube and people argue about how they think kimbo could kick the **** out of fedor.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
u see videos on youtube and people argue about how they think kimbo could kick the **** out of fedor.
I've never heard that. The most outlandish thing I've heard was Kimbo could take Rampage, but I've never heard anyone use Kimbo and Fedor in the same sentence.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only people I hear about over-hyping Kimbo are the people who complain about it.