Cung Le wins

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Cung Le wins


    He won via Frank being unable to continue. He looked very good in the fight. I expect to hear a lot about where Le is in the middleweight rankings.


  2. That was an unbelievable fight. Le should be somewhere around #10 after that fight. Frank wasn't ranked in the top 10, but that's still a big win. Lawler/Le would be an amazing fight, not sure who I'd pick.

    Mike Kyle got submitted by the worst armbar I've ever seen. The rest of the card was pretty entertaining.

  3. I'm glad Kyle got subbed and hope he never fights again.

    Le/Shamrock was an exciting fight but too much showboating for my liking. If there's a rematch, I think Frank will maul him and won't mess around. I was impressed by Frank's chin as he took some good shots and had Cung hurt near the minute mark of round 3.
    •   
       


  4. Yeah, the showboating was excessive, it loses it's meaning when done to that extent. I though Frank was gonna finish Le when he had him hurt near the end of the 3rd. Whatever, that was a great fight.

  5. FYI: DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THE TITLE!

    I already saw the fight, but some people probably didn't, and don't want the results yet.

    I think Frank could have won if he pressed the TD. He even had Cung in trouble at one point standing.

    Great fight for both guys. It was only a matter of time before Frank's arm would break after defending all those takedowns. Perhaps the most underappreciated aspects of mma is the pain of defending strikes.

    Fickett's guillotine was nasty. Did you note how he wrapped up the right arm? That was a terrible position for the Korean; solid showing for Drew. I don't know why, but I always find myself rooting for him.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    I'm glad Kyle got subbed and hope he never fights again.

    Le/Shamrock was an exciting fight but too much showboating for my liking. If there's a rematch, I think Frank will maul him and won't mess around. I was impressed by Frank's chin as he took some good shots and had Cung hurt near the minute mark of round 3.
    Finally someone else who knows about this guy. Kyle should be banned, period. Haven't seen the Shamrock/Le fight yet dammit. I'll catch it tomorrow.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    FYI: DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THE TITLE!

    I already saw the fight, but some people probably didn't, and don't want the results yet.

    I think Frank could have won if he pressed the TD. He even had Cung in trouble at one point standing.

    Great fight for both guys. It was only a matter of time before Frank's arm would break after defending all those takedowns. Perhaps the most underappreciated aspects of mma is the pain of defending strikes.

    Fickett's guillotine was nasty. Did you note how he wrapped up the right arm? That was a terrible position for the Korean; solid showing for Drew. I don't know why, but I always find myself rooting for him.
    Is Fickett insane or what? He kept yelling Knight Rider and posing for some odd reason. Then he goes on to say he is Mexican. It was out of character for even him. He must have been drunk or high, maybe he has ADD too.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by KurtisWicked View Post
    Finally someone else who knows about this guy. Kyle should be banned, period. Haven't seen the Shamrock/Le fight yet dammit. I'll catch it tomorrow.
    We all know about Kyle. The guy illegally soccer kicked Brian Olsen in the face at a WEC event almost 2 years ago. He was suspended for a year. He's done plenty of other sh*t. He's always trying to continue beating an already KO'd or helpless opponent, even when the ref is trying to stop the fight. He's an absolute piece of sh*t and I'm glad he lost. He's a fool, I remember him saying him and Eilers were both top 5 HW's before their fight where Eilers KO'd him.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    FYI: DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THE TITLE!

    I already saw the fight, but some people probably didn't, and don't want the results yet.

    I think Frank could have won if he pressed the TD. He even had Cung in trouble at one point standing.

    Great fight for both guys. It was only a matter of time before Frank's arm would break after defending all those takedowns. Perhaps the most underappreciated aspects of mma is the pain of defending strikes.

    Fickett's guillotine was nasty. Did you note how he wrapped up the right arm? That was a terrible position for the Korean; solid showing for Drew. I don't know why, but I always find myself rooting for him.
    Takedowns?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    FYI: DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THE TITLE!
    Sorry, got excited.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Takedowns?
    ESO!!!! Frank had some major balls for fighting Le on Le's terms. Frank clearly had more power, and could have won the standup too.

    Fickett is supposedly a whack job, but an amusing one. He definitely seems like a good guy. Did anyone hear about the big fiasco he was involved in at NAGA? I forget the details, but you can probably find it at the Underground.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    ESO!!!! Frank had some major balls for fighting Le on Le's terms. Frank clearly had more power, and could have won the standup too.

    Fickett is supposedly a whack job, but an amusing one. He definitely seems like a good guy. Did anyone hear about the big fiasco he was involved in at NAGA? I forget the details, but you can probably find it at the Underground.


    I'm so glad someone finally shut Frank up, the most over rated fighter and biggest ego in MMA. What I would give to see Anderson Silva own him worse than he did Franklin the first time.

    Amazing fight.

  13. Damn, I was hoping CNorris was a shamrock fan...


    I like Le also.. but I won't admit that I have something in common with CNorris.

  14. Frank needs to start going or the kill when he has someone hurt. He landed that right in th ethird and should have immediately pounced on him. He let Baroni hang around too.

    Le won all 3 rounds IMO. He's defintely got good standup and those kicks are tough to deal with it if you don't have to worry about the takedown.

    What's up with fighters not catering to their strengths?

    Jensen got KOed in nasty fashion


    Holy shyt Davidson might win....

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    ESO!!!! Frank had some major balls for fighting Le on Le's terms. Frank clearly had more power, and could have won the standup too.

    Fickett is supposedly a whack job, but an amusing one. He definitely seems like a good guy. Did anyone hear about the big fiasco he was involved in at NAGA? I forget the details, but you can probably find it at the Underground.
    What does ESO mean? Fickett is definitely a character. He looks like Kabuki, a powerlifter on this site.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Frank needs to start going or the kill when he has someone hurt. He landed that right in th ethird and should have immediately pounced on him. He let Baroni hang around too.

    Le won all 3 rounds IMO. He's defintely got good standup and those kicks are tough to deal with it if you don't have to worry about the takedown.

    What's up with fighters not catering to their strengths?

    Jensen got KOed in nasty fashion


    Holy shyt Davidson might win....
    I think Shamrock knew that he had little chance of taking Le down. I could be wrong.

    The new born baby is lighting it up for Davidson. I think Kansas will pull it out in the end.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I think Shamrock knew that he had little chance of taking Le down. I could be wrong.

    The new born baby is lighting it up for Davidson. I think Kansas will pull it out in the end.
    I think he would have a hard time except for timing a kick right. With all the kicks Frank should have had a chance. Frank couldn't close the distance and clinch fight either or didn't seem to want to. He was beating Cung in the clinch at the end o the third.

    Cung's ground game is still a question mark.

    Damn, Kansas is pulling it out.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I think he would have a hard time except for timing a kick right. With all the kicks Frank should have had a chance. Frank couldn't close the distance and clinch fight either or didn't seem to want to. He was beating Cung in the clinch at the end o the third.

    Cung's ground game is still a question mark.

    Damn, Kansas is pulling it out.
    Cung answered some serious questions last night, but you're right his ground game is a big question mark.

    What does ESO mean?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Cung answered some serious questions last night, but you're right his ground game is a big question mark.

    What does ESO mean?
    No idea.

    Yeah, I guess I made it sound like Frank did everything wrong rather than Cung being elusive. He was for sure. I think Joey V - Cung would be a good test for him. Villa would probably try to GnP him so it would answer more questions. Ninja or Lawler or Hose would also make or some good fights. Anderson would destroy him in the standup, though.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    No idea.

    Yeah, I guess I made it sound like Frank did everything wrong rather than Cung being elusive. He was for sure. I think Joey V - Cung would be a good test for him. Villa would probably try to GnP him so it would answer more questions. Ninja or Lawler or Hose would also make or some good fights. Anderson would destroy him in the standup, though.
    Those would all make for good fights. Whoever fights him has to go for the kill early and often. If you hang out with him at all he's gonna pick you apart and wear you down. The longer the fight lasts with him, the less chance you have. No sense in playing his game at all, it won't work.

  21. Too much showboating indeed from Shamrock and even Cung Le at times too. But Frank should have went to the ground after round 2 since it was apparant that Cung Le was winning and I suspect Shamrock would have won if he had done so. If his arm had not been broken his chances of winning the standup were imminent too. But Le was the better man and I was certainly impressed by his powerfull and accurate kicks.

    He's got a long list of experienced fighters to go through yet but more so, different styles to deal with, in his early career. I hope he does good.

    I'd put him in against a pure wrestler next.

  22. Eso means "that", meaning the takedowns you referred to. Sorry, it just went of in my head.

    I don't know if Anderson would necessarily own Cung Le in the standup, but he is definitely a better MMAist.

    The showboating was definitely over the top, but I loved how Frank was all smiles and swagger until Cung caught his kick and swept the leg (a la Johnny! to Ralph Macchio). The smile disappeared, and never returned.

  23. Get fight but almost seemed like a sparring session.

  24. damn it. Great fight

  25. I'm going to make a confession, but it's a confession related to this thread. My name is Samuel and yes I watched Never Back Down. Anyhoo, I swear the attitude of the antagonist in that movie was based on Frank Shamrock. Conceded, show-boaty, and full of condenscending smirks and crazy tongue wagging behavior.
    NSCA - CSCS

  26. You really watched that movie?

  27. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm going to make a confession, but it's a confession related to this thread. My name is Samuel and yes I watched Never Back Down. Anyhoo, I swear the attitude of the antagonist in that movie was based on Frank Shamrock. Conceded, show-boaty, and full of condenscending smirks and crazy tongue wagging behavior.
    Oh boy. Ban reinstated and extended to 1 week.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    FYI: DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THE TITLE!

    I already saw the fight, but some people probably didn't, and don't want the results yet.

    I think Frank could have won if he pressed the TD. He even had Cung in trouble at one point standing.

    Great fight for both guys. It was only a matter of time before Frank's arm would break after defending all those takedowns. Perhaps the most underappreciated aspects of mma is the pain of defending strikes...
    Man, I'm eating my words from a few weeks ago now...I really wanted to see Le and Shamrock go to the ground. We all know what Le is capable of standing up and apparently he's a good wrestler too (I didn't know that)...but what about his ground game? Oh well, I'll eat crow for now
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  29. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Oh boy. Ban reinstated and extended to 1 week.
    Dammit!! but what about my log!?!?
    NSCA - CSCS

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    You really watched that movie?
    Yes...
    NSCA - CSCS

  31. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Yes...
    I'm really not too sure what i have to say about that.

    It's sort of like you telling us that you were giving your buddy a massage and accidentally grabbed his balls. My first thought was/is "what were you doing in the first place?", followed by "why Volcom, why?".

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I'm really not too sure what i have to say about that.

    It's sort of like you telling us that you were giving your buddy a massage and accidentally grabbed his balls. My first thought was/is "what were you doing in the first place?", followed by "why Volcom, why?".
    hahaha. I really can't say anything, so I guess I'll just have to take it
    NSCA - CSCS

  33. Ha ha...I didn't know what you guys were talking about...until I went to youtube:




    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  34. Volcom, your log is going to have to wait. I appreciate the confession, but a 1 week ban is necessary. However, if you can get 2 other people to admit to watching it the ban will be lifted. Thanks.

  35. My wife wanted to see a movie and it was either it or college road trip. Oh the humanity!

  36. Quote Originally Posted by daniel35 View Post
    My wife wanted to see a movie and it was either it or college road trip. Oh the humanity!
    So does that count toward my parole?
    NSCA - CSCS

  37. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    So does that count toward my parole?
    First of all, what do you think you're doing being here? Yes, that counts, one more and you're good to go. Make this count, we're looking to rag on someone. If you can get someone like Rodja to admit to it, you will receive a prize.

    I checked out your log. Nice work. What are you looking to get down to?

  38. I was 197lbs 12% bf before I bulked up to 230lbs, so I'm thinking 205lbs would be a good lean size for me. I'm hoping of the 33lbs I added to my frame, 5-7lbs of it was LBM.

    and thanks for checking it out.
    NSCA - CSCS

  39. That would be awesome if you could keep all your strength while dropping to 205. How is your back holding up?

  40. Not so good. It only prevents me from doing three exercises really, but they're major exercises, Deads, Heavy Rows and Smith One Arm Barbell Rows, which means I'll have to gauge my back strength primarily on weighted pull ups and hammer machines and that's a bit bootleg, but oh well. I love deads too.

    Hitting 315lbs 5 times is the best I've performed on chest so far, and that's the other major indicator of strength I have, so it's not so bad.

    I've had a slip disc with a pinched sciatic nerve before, which equates to walking around like a 90 yr old, a sharp pain that makes your eyes unwillingly water and lasts for about 45 sec to a 1 min each time you get out the car or up off a chair and literally rolling off my bed like a crippled old man. My current back strain doesn't debilitate real life, just some aspects at the gym, and I can live with that. Compared to what I've had to deal with in the past, this back problem is not even a deal, but thanks for asking.

    Things could be better, but things have been much worse, so it's cool.
    Last edited by VolcomX311; 04-01-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Scott Smith vs Cung Le 2 on June 26
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 04:32 PM
  2. Cung Le /Pandorum
    By sonofsteven in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. Who ever Finds it--WINS WINS WINS--1st hint inside
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Log in
Log in