Tim Sylvia release by the UFC

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The following is an excerpt from today's news update by Dave Meltzer over at WrestlingObserver.com:

UFC has confirmed that Tim Sylvia was released from his contract, which had one fight left. Sylvia's announcement, believed to be he is leaving UFC, perhaps for M-1 Global, will be made on tonight's Inside MMA show on HD-Net.

(Taken from the MMA gutter Sherdog in case this turns out to be BS)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry that one of your favorite human beings other than George Bush and Chuck Liddell is getting no respect.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
UFC's HW roster keeps getting worse. No CC, Couture, Sylvia, not sure what Arlovski is doing? I'd love to see Sylvia fight Kimbo, but I doubt that'll happen.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sad that Sylvia is leaving, I never liked the guy.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to see him kick Kimbo's a$s:run:
My natural reaction is to say, "F that lurp, Kimbo would whoop his @$$," but you could probably quote figures & stats to prove your point with a lot more foundation and make me feel pretty stupid. So all I can say is, "your guy has gay side burns"

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Kimbo has yet to fight anyone that is ready and willing. Old tank and tappin fu$k face are like the two fight he is garuanteed to win. Put him in the ring with Frank Mir or the Texas Crazy Horse and we will see who gets beat. Believe that Brothers and Sisters, cause if he goes to the ufc he will be fighting the best.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Oh and by the way, Silvia's mullet burns piss me off. lol.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Kimbo has yet to fight anyone that is ready and willing. Old tank and tappin fu$k face are like the two fight he is garuanteed to win. Put him in the ring with Frank Mir or the Texas Crazy Horse and we will see who gets beat. Believe that Brothers and Sisters, cause if he goes to the ufc he will be fighting the best.
Thanks Captain Obvious.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
This most likely will be a possible set up to a fight with Fedor. Which will only prove that Fedor is still the best HW out there, still.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Or did yo mama have ta help you with this one. OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!! lol!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My natural reaction is to say, "F that lurp, Kimbo would whoop his @$$," but you could probably quote figures & stats to prove your point with a lot more foundation and make me feel pretty stupid. So all I can say is, "your guy has gay side burns"
I actually think it would be a good fight. I would be rooting for Kimbo and think he has a legit chance of beating Sylvia. I was just fvckin with ya.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I actually think it would be a good fight. I would be rooting for Kimbo and think he has a legit chance of beating Sylvia. I was just fvckin with ya.
Come on man. I thought you were better than this.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
He says he want to go after Fedor. Finally, a good opponent for Fed, although if it happens in a ring, I don't give Tim much of a chance. In a cage, it would be a very competitive bout.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He says he want to go after Fedor. Finally, a good opponent for Fed, although if it happens in a ring, I don't give Tim much of a chance. In a cage, it would be a very competitive bout.
Yeah, I think you're right. Sylvia would try to push him up against the cage to neutralize him and wear him down like he did Vera if the fight took place there. That's really his only chance and it won't work in a ring. Fedor is quicker than Couture and we saw what Couture's speed did to Tim.

Alex, I think Tim would take Kimbo decisively (in boring fashion), and I would actually be cheering for Tim. I expected a side burn jab from you. You're slipping.

fishfan

fishfan

Awards
kimbo is one tough sob to begin with then you let Bas Ruten (spelling?) start training him that is scary. He will beat Sylvia

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think you're right. Sylvia would try to push him up against the cage to neutralize him and wear him down like he did Vera if the fight took place there. That's really his only chance and it won't work in a ring. Fedor is quicker than Couture and we saw what Couture's speed did to Tim.

Alex, I think Tim would take Kimbo decisively (in boring fashion), and I would actually be cheering for Tim. I expected a side burn jab from you. You're slipping.
I don't think Sylvia has much of a chance against Fedor regardless of environment. Fedor won't allow Sylvia to play his childish lean on games. But if it will make people feel better about Fedor then I hope the fight happens. IMO Sylvia has nothing for Fedor.

I don't know man. Kimbo is still unknown, so we're all just guessing and it does make sense to go with Sylvia. If I had to put cake on it I'd probably go with Sylvia, depending on the odds. Kimbo has huge power and seemingly a good chin. Obviously Sylvia's strong point is his striking. I think Kimbo has a good chance of putting Sylvia to sleep or Sylvia could pitter pat punch him and lean on him a lot. Sylvia is a bad match up for a lot of guys, but I don't think he's that bad for Kimbo's style.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Sylvia has never been stopped by ko/tko and I certainly dont think Kimbo will be the first to do it. On a side note, I would love watching every minute of Fedor dominating Sylvia's sloth ass.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Sylvia has much of a chance against Fedor regardless of environment. Fedor won't allow Sylvia to play his childish lean on games. But if it will make people feel better about Fedor then I hope the fight happens. IMO Sylvia has nothing for Fedor.
Yeah, I agree. I was just saying his only chance which wouldn't likely happen was that strategy. Fedor's great at closing the distance so Sylvia's jabathon strat would fail. Sergei would KO either of them since this is his year ;) (not regular wink, Van Damme wink).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sylvia has never been stopped by ko/tko and I certainly dont think Kimbo will be the first to do it. On a side note, I would love watching every minute of Fedor dominating Sylvia's sloth ass.
True, but aside from Arlovski's tentative a$s he's never faced anyone with huge power like Kimbo. Kimbo is a killer, he's gonna go for a KO, that gives him a chance against most standup guys. Sylvia is the favorite for sure, but I would love to see it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
True, but aside from Arlovski's tentative a$s he's never faced anyone with huge power like Kimbo.
Oh, yeah, I can see how Sylvia is more of an unknown than Kimbo for you. :nutkick: Did Volcom highjack Alex's account?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see Kimbo actually do anything before I go all crazy with how good he is. Right now, he's just a beard to me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see Kimbo actually do anything before I go all crazy with how good he is. Right now, he's just a beard to me.
Yeah, I've stated over and over that he is a complete unknown, but what we do know is that he has big power. Sylvia is a standup fighter for the most part. Kimbo has almost Tuaman power, that gives him a chance against other fighters that are going to be willing to stand and trade. If he were to fight any other experienced HW that would be trying to take him to the ground I would give him little chance. Sylvia does have decent takedowns for a big goof, exhibited in some of his earlier fights, so if he gets caught it would be interesting to see if he could take Kimbo down.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've stated over and over that he is a complete unknown, but what we do know is that he has big power. Sylvia is a standup fighter for the most part. Kimbo has almost Tuaman power, that gives him a chance against other fighters that are going to be willing to stand and trade. If he were to fight any other experienced HW that would be trying to take him to the ground I would give him little chance. Sylvia does have decent takedowns for a big goof, exhibited in some of his earlier fights, so if he gets caught it would be interesting to see if he could take Kimbo down.
Tuaman power? He's not even close dude. Tua arguably has the heaviest hands in all of professional boxing.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Tuaman power? He's not even close dude. Tua arguably has the heaviest hands in all of professional boxing.
I said almost, and I believe that. Just cause he's from the street and never a professional doesn't mean he can't have huge power. I doubt he hits as hard as Tua, but my point is that he hits very hard, you'll see soon.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I said almost, and I believe that. Just cause he's from the street and never a professional doesn't mean he can't have huge power. I doubt he hits as hard as Tua, but my point is that he hits very hard, you'll see soon.
No doubt, like SWG hitting harder than Hendo :lol:

The Kimbo spectrum:

Extreme Love : Volcom > Alex > indifferent > jas > robdog : Extreme Hate

I'll admit that I'm a little bit of a skeptic.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

The Kimbo spectrum:

Are you a skeptic of his MMA skills or his punching power? I'm definitely a skeptic of his MMA skills, but he undeniably has big power. I'm not saying he has HW boxing skills, just HW boxing power. It's pretty clear even from his street fights that he had big power, but he was slow. Now that he trains with Bas and pro boxers, he is much faster and his power is even better. Let me go find some clips of him hitting a heavy bag, the dude hits hard.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The Kimbo spectrum:

That's probably pretty accurate, but that extreme love has less to do with how much I like him as a fighter and more to do with sticking up for him in principle. He's not even my top 5 favorite fighters. I think he's a fighter with insane potential, but I don't think of him as an amazing fighter (yet).

My order would go like this.
#1. Fedor
#2. Rampage
#3. Penn
#4. GSP
#5. Crocop (who used to be number one, even after he lost to Fedor)

and I've got extremely high hopes for Lesnar.

But you can put me down on the extreme hate spectrum for Tim Sylvia :cheers:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Not having Anderson in your top 5 results in a 1 day ban from the MMA section. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow at 7:20.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That's probably pretty accurate, but that extreme love has less to do with how much I like him as a fighter and more to do with sticking up for him in principle. He's not even my top 5 favorite fighters. I think he's a fighter with insane potential, but I don't think of him as an amazing fighter (yet).

My order would go like this.
#1. Fedor
#2. Rampage
#3. Penn
#4. GSP
#5. Crocop (who used to be number one, even after he lost to Fedor)

and I've got extremely high hopes for Lesnar.

But you can put me down on the extreme hate spectrum for Tim Sylvia :cheers:
:cheers: Cool. I've got extreme love for Brock too. I can't wait to see more of him.

I think Kimbo's certainly got at least a 7 out of 10 on the power scale. It looked like he hit Tank ridiculously hard. I'm a skeptic of his MMA skills or sure. I'm not saying he'll never do anything in the sport. It's possible, but at 35 time isn't on his side.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:cheers: Cool. I've got extreme love for Brock too. I can't wait to see more of him.

I think Kimbo's certainly got at least a 7 out of 10 on the power scale. It looked like he hit Tank ridiculously hard. I'm a skeptic of his MMA skills or sure. I'm not saying he'll never do anything in the sport. It's possible, but at 35 time isn't on his side.
7 out of 10? What's Noguiera a 3? I'd give Kimbo an 8.5, if Tua is a 10.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Volcom, WTF did you do to me? I'm all over this mans nuts now. His beard should be illegal.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not having Anderson in your top 5 results in a 1 day ban from the MMA section. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow at 7:20.
I'm going to PM the moderator with an explaination to remove my ban.

I consider Anderson one of MMA's TOP-TOP fighters, and I would get excited to see his fights because I appreciate his talent, but he's not one of my favorites. I can't explain it.

He's one of the most dynamic and full packaged fighters I can think of (next to Fedor), but he's not on my top 5 list of favorites. I love his striking and I love his ground, and he's probably one of the most deserving guys to be a top 3 favorite for any fan, but he's not one of mine.

Don't show this thread to Rodja, I respect Wanderlei's skills & reputation as a fighter, I always have, but I used to hate that bastard. The only fight I ever cheered him on in was when he fought Chuck, but that's only because I saw it as a Pride vs UFC thing (and I really don't like Chunk Lidell).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I said at least. My point is that let's see what happens when he fights more MMA guys who are used to taking punches rather street thugs and Tank who is known to give up (I won't even mention Cantrell). Then we can guage it better.

Igor > Tua. Sorry all this love being thrown around made me hop back on Igor's retired nuts.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I said at least. My point is that let's see what happens when he fights more MMA guys who are used to taking punches rather street thugs and Tank who is known to give up (I won't even mention Cantrell). Then we can guage it better.

Igor > Tua. Sorry all this love being thrown around made me hop back on Igor's retired nuts.
Yeah, I might be giving his power a little bit too much credit. Won't mention Cantrell? His punch on Cantrell was so powerful that it reverberated through his pec and wobbled his chin, now that's power:ntome:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to PM the moderator with an explaination to remove my ban.

I consider Anderson one of MMA's TOP-TOP fighters, and I would get excited to see his fights because I appreciate his talent, but he's not one of my favorites. I can't explain it.

He's one of the most dynamic and full packaged fighters I can think of (next to Fedor), but he's not on my top 5 list of favorites. I love his striking and I love his ground, and he's probably one of the most deserving guys to be a top 3 favorite for any fan, but he's not one of mine.

Don't show this thread to Rodja, I respect Wanderlei's skills & reputation as a fighter, I always have, but I used to hate that bastard. The only fight I ever cheered him on in was when he fought Chuck, but that's only because I saw it as a Pride vs UFC thing (and I really don't like Chunk Lidell).
I'll remove the ban since you have Fedor as #1.

It's hard for me to understand how Anderson wouldn't be in somebody's top 5, but more power to you for not jumping on the bandwagon.

What did you not like about Wand. When I first started watching him I thought he might be a serial killer as$hole, but I always loved his fighting style. Around 03 I started to realize that he was a really good guy. I now think of him as one of the realest and nicest guys in the sport.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll remove the ban since you have Fedor as #1.

It's hard for me to understand how Anderson wouldn't be in somebody's top 5, but more power to you for not jumping on the bandwagon.

What did you not like about Wand. When I first started watching him I thought he might be a serial killer as$hole, but I always loved his fighting style. Around 03 I started to realize that he was a really good guy. I now think of him as one of the realest and nicest guys in the sport.
Ignorance on my part really. I'm okay with him now. As long as he's fighting in the UFC I'll always root for him, because in my mind, he's still a Pride FC fighter and fights under the banner of the talent Pride used to offer.

I thought it was funny when Rampage and Henderson fought and it was sometimes called a UFC champ vs a Pride Champ. I would tell people it's not Pride vs the UFC, it's two Pride Fighters fighting in the UFC. Rampage is a Pride Fighter who happens to be a Champion in the UFC.

Am I the only one that thinks that way?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ignorance on my part really. I'm okay with him now. As long as he's fighting in the UFC I'll always root for him, because in my mind, he's still a Pride FC fighter and fights under the banner of the talent Pride used to offer.

I thought it was funny when Rampage and Henderson fought and it was sometimes called a UFC champ vs a Pride Champ. I would tell people it's not Pride vs the UFC, it's two Pride Fighters fighting in the UFC. Rampage is a Pride Fighter who happens to be a Champion in the UFC.

Am I the only one that thinks that way?
No, I hope everyone thinks that way, it makes sense. I mean that was Rampage's 3rd fight in the UFC and he had probably 15 fights in Pride.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Regardless Kimbo's last 2 fights were against a hasbeen and mma unknown with 10.10.1 record, abbotts record is just as bad.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Do you think Tua hits harder than prime Tyson?
That's really tough to say. The popular thing to say would be Tyson easily, but I don't think Tyson hit any harder than Tua. Tyson for a few short years in his prime was not only a hard hitter, but an amazing all around boxer. Like he said "my defense is impregnable", it pretty much was. His shelling and head and body movement was tough to deal with. I'm so annoyed by how Tyson's career turned out. He really could've been the best. What is Sanderso saying?