Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr. - AnabolicMinds.com

Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.




    ANDERSON SILVA DOES WANT TO BOX ROY JONES, JR.


    Since joining the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship less than two years ago, middleweight champion Anderson Silva has all but cleaned house. He debuted with a dismantling of highly touted Ultimate Fighter alumnus Chris Leben, immediately captured the title from then-champion Rich Franklin, and hasn’t looked back since.

    He fended off challenges by Ultimate Fighter season four winner Travis Lutter and seven-time King of Pancrase Nate Marquardt, before once again stopping Franklin. Most recently, at UFC 82, he submitted former Pride champion Dan Henderson to solidify his position as the No. 1 middleweight in the world.

    In short, Silva appears unstoppable.

    There are still challenges for him to face in the Octagon – Yushin Okami springs immediately to mind and a much touted drop to welterweight to challenge Georges St. Pierre – but he may soon be looking to another challenge, outside of his chosen sport.

    “Anderson really would love to fight Roy Jones, Jr. in a boxing match,” says his manager, Ed Soares, confirming recent speculation. “It’s not just talk, we really would like to put that fight together.”

    That’s not to say the Silva discounts Jones’ abilities. Both he and Jones, at times, have been regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in their respective sports. But Silva feels that fighters in mixed martial arts are often unjustly criticized as not being as technically proficient as their boxing counterparts, a misconception that he would like to dispel.

    “We respect Jones’ boxing ability and think he’s one of the best,” said Soares, “but we’re tired of different boxers saying that MMA fighters aren’t technical. Anderson would love to fight Roy Jones in a boxing match under boxing rules to prove that MMA fighters are technical, too.”

    There has been much chatter in the past about Jones stepping into the Octagon to fight; something that he spoke to BoxingScene.com’s Mark Vester about last year, saying, “Now, I can't get on the ground and start wrestling because I know nothing about that. But if I hit him before he gets to the ground, he's not going to get up and have the chance to wrestle."

    Unlike many boxers, Jones has actually had a lot of positives to say about the sport, as he told Vester, “UFC is the best fighting the best and that’s what boxing has to do. If you are an ultimate fighter, you are going to fight someone who is going to fight. In UFC, if you lose to a good fighter, you lost, you still know you are good fighter, and you come back the next day and fight again. In boxing, if you lose and that's it. You are done. I lose a few fights, they want to tell me I'm washed up and I don't have it no more."

    Thus far though, Jones hasn’t commented about fighting a mixed martial artist on his terms, in his ring. Whether it ever becomes a reality or not, it is a fight that would surely be marquee both for boxing aficionados and mixed martial arts purists alike.

  2. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    RJ in his prime would most likely make Anderson look really bad, but RJ is definitely not in his prime. I still think RJ outpoints Anderson.
  3. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    In a "boxing game" c'mon, snappy jabs all day and RJ can keep Anderson at bay. In an MMA fight it wouldn't even be close, but an MMA fighter in a strictly boxing match? mmm... MMA fighters tend to leave their jabs hanging way too long and MMA fighters go for hay makers way too often, that's not going to far well against someone who can jab really well, keeping you at bay and rack up points.

    Sure Anderson is one of the better, more precise punchers in the MMA, but no, a professional boxer in his own domain will own. Even a sub par Roy Jones, Jr.

    Although I would definitely root for Anderson and hope I'm wrong if this fantasy match ever went down.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation
  5. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    If Anderson could beat RJ, even nowadays, that would cement him as the baddest dude on the planet. It's just so difficult to compete against someone that is as talented as RJ and has spent his whole life boxing, when Anderson who is also very talented has spent his whole life boxing, grappling, thai fighting, etc. Too many dimensions to be that good at just one.
  6. New Member
    daniel35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    303

    Reputation

    Alexander, am I remebering correctly that Jeremy Horn went the distance in his and silva's fight.
  7. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel35 View Post
    Alexander, am I remebering correctly that Jeremy Horn went the distance in his and silva's fight.
    Yup. Horn is a tough mofo, Chuck beat the hell out of him and he was still hanging, but couldn't see. Lee Murray also went the distance with Anderson, of course that was before Anderson had his full mojo. He's improved so much from 05 til now.
  8. Senior Member
    max silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    1229

    Reputation

    Would the UFC allow a bout like this to happen in the first place? After all, wasn't the UFC's insistence that Fedor not be allowed to compete in sambo tournaments one of the major stumbling blocks to a contract agreement being reached?
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    That is nowhere near the current Anderson. IMO, of all the MMAists, Anderson has the best chance to win a upper-tier boxing match. His style is so smooth and he has the patience, head movement, and footwork to win against many elite boxers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2158

    Reputation

    Great Anderson HL, but please edit out the Lee Murray nonsense. He was recovering from a serious stab wound and near death experience.

    It would be pretty cool to see. For some reason I could see Dana considering this since he used to do boxing and if AS wins, it looks great fo the UFC. If not, oh well he wasn't supposed to. Of course, Dana isn't logical.
  11. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That is nowhere near the current Anderson. IMO, of all the MMAists, Anderson has the best chance to win a upper-tier boxing match. His style is so smooth and he has the patience, head movement, and footwork to win against many elite boxers.
    Yeah, either Anderson or Tate Fletcher, toss-up really
  12. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1574

    Reputation

    Def would be interesting, but RJ never puts on a good show, and hes def not in his prime or a very fun fighter to watch anymore... Anyhow if would def be cool!
  13. Advanced Member
    t3stxlr4titud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Rep Power
    408

    Reputation

    RJ, did look good against Trinidad, and Trinidad didn't look all that bad either.

    But I find it funny that he would want to fight a washed up RJ instead of fighting somebody that is on top and in their prime now.

    -TF
  14. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2158

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    RJ, did look good against Trinidad, and Trinidad didn't look all that bad either.

    But I find it funny that he would want to fight a washed up RJ instead of fighting somebody that is on top and in their prime now.

    -TF
    Maybe RJ is better known in Brazil or since he's out of his element, why fight a top guy.
  15. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    RJ, did look good against Trinidad, and Trinidad didn't look all that bad either.

    But I find it funny that he would want to fight a washed up RJ instead of fighting somebody that is on top and in their prime now.

    -TF
    You said he's washed up and looks good in the same post. He didn't look that great to clarify for anyone that hasn't seen the fight.

    Anderson has been a fan of RJ's for a long time. It would be an honor to fight him type of deal. Plus it would be a huge draw. Who has a bigger name than RJ at around that weight?
  16. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    475

    Reputation

    Boxing is such a different sport. Anderson would get destroyed in a boxing match with Jones, just as he would destroy Jones in an MMA match. Even an old washed up Jones has way too much handspeed for Silva. He is also 52 and 4 with almost 20 yrs of professional boxing experience. Like I said Anderson would kill him in a real fight but this whole idea of him boxing Jones is ridiculous.
  17. New Member
    daniel35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    303

    Reputation

    I think all the other 185lbers should be praying for a rj/silva boxing match where silva gets knocked out and gets a little gun shy from it, because otherwise I just don't see him losing anytime soon in mma at least not an overwhelming loss.
  18. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1574

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Boxing is such a different sport. Anderson would get destroyed in a boxing match with Jones, just as he would destroy Jones in an MMA match. Even an old washed up Jones has way too much handspeed for Silva. He is also 52 and 4 with almost 20 yrs of professional boxing experience. Like I said Anderson would kill him in a real fight but this whole idea of him boxing Jones is ridiculous.
    Well said!
  19. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Boxing is such a different sport. Anderson would get destroyed in a boxing match with Jones, just as he would destroy Jones in an MMA match. Even an old washed up Jones has way too much handspeed for Silva. He is also 52 and 4 with almost 20 yrs of professional boxing experience. Like I said Anderson would kill him in a real fight but this whole idea of him boxing Jones is ridiculous.
    I'm with you on this one. Silva would destroy RJ in the octagon and probably even if they met in the streets, but RJ would dominate in the boxing ring. Boxers would prefer a knockout, but they're perfectly content to win on keep out/counter jabs and racking up points. Whereas Silva's game plan is to win a fight by actually fighting. It's a different game.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1574

    Reputation

    Very true....
  21. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    RJ wins by KO early if its a pure boxing match. But turn the tables and RJ in a MMA fight AS gets ****ed up.
  22. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Am I the only one annoyed by people saying the same sh*t over and over, and acting like they actually have a point?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by people saying the same sh*t over and over, and acting like they actually have a point?
    Bad morning, Alex?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Bad morning, Alex?
    Not especially. Just gets annoying when people write the same sh*t over and over again as if they're actually saying something. Ever been in a conversation in person and you say something, no one responds, stupider guy repeats what you said, and everyone's like "yeah, good point", happens about 4 times in a row, and you're sitting there like "WTF?"
  25. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    Alexander there is only 1 point. The question is who would win in a boxing match RJ or AS? So the answer will be the same all day. RJ is one of the best boxers in history period. Is Anderson Silva going to go down as 1 of the best MMA fighter of all time? It is way to early to tell. RJ has been a true champ for over 15 years AS has not been around long enough to make that statment. Yes no doubt AS is great. But lets see him go down 2 classes and win titles then go up 2 classes and win titles. Roy Jones did. AS is the hands down the best in his division in the world, but come on give me a ****ing break. You are a fighter I am a fighter so you know its hard enough to win in 1 division but 5 divisions as champ wow. You train for you weight class. Fight lighter you need to train different, fight heavier you need to train different. So if your tired of the same thing on this thread I hear you. But face the facts AS is great in his division RJ was great in all the division he fought in.
  26. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme1 View Post
    Alexander there is only 1 point. The question is who would win in a boxing match RJ or AS? So the answer will be the same all day. RJ is one of the best boxers in history period. Is Anderson Silva going to go down as 1 of the best MMA fighter of all time? It is way to early to tell. RJ has been a true champ for over 15 years AS has not been around long enough to make that statment. Yes no doubt AS is great. But lets see him go down 2 classes and win titles then go up 2 classes and win titles. Roy Jones did. AS is the hands down the best in his division in the world, but come on give me a ****ing break. You are a fighter I am a fighter so you know its hard enough to win in 1 division but 5 divisions as champ wow. You train for you weight class. Fight lighter you need to train different, fight heavier you need to train different. So if your tired of the same thing on this thread I hear you. But face the facts AS is great in his division RJ was great in all the division he fought in.
    Now we're talking. First off, let me make it clear that I think RJ would beat Anderson in a boxing match, pretty easily, even currently as he is probably 85% of what he was. Anderson has an amazing chin and RJ doesn't have huge KO power, so I'm not too sure about him KOing Anderson. RJ won in 5 weight classes, but boxing weight classes are much closer together than MMA weight classes. A lot of RJ's wins were against guys that really had no chance, cans if you will. It's upsetting to me because I feel we never got to see RJ's true potential. LHW division was really weak the majority of the time he was fighting, partially because he was so good, but it was just weak in general. I'm a huge fan of both, and as far as being great, Anderson isn't in RJ's league yet. Right now he is fighting good competiton and making them look bad. He also was the Shooto champion at 167 pounds back in 01, by defeating Hayato Sakurai. Theirs talks of him going up to 205, if he does well there, then damn.

    I understand the thread was just who would win in a boxing match, but people kept saying the same sh*t as if it were something new. If it's already been posted, why bother repeating it, or just say agreed. Then people come in and say "well put" or "good point" to replies that are just copy's. Gets a little annoying.
  27. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Now we're talking. First off, let me make it clear that I think RJ would beat Anderson in a boxing match, pretty easily, even currently as he is probably 85% of what he was. Anderson has an amazing chin and RJ doesn't have huge KO power, so I'm not too sure about him KOing Anderson. RJ won in 5 weight classes, but boxing weight classes are much closer together than MMA weight classes. A lot of RJ's wins were against guys that really had no chance, cans if you will. It's upsetting to me because I feel we never got to see RJ's true potential. LHW division was really weak the majority of the time he was fighting, partially because he was so good, but it was just weak in general. I'm a huge fan of both, and as far as being great, Anderson isn't in RJ's league yet. Right now he is fighting good competiton and making them look bad. He also was the Shooto champion at 167 pounds back in 01, by defeating Hayato Sakurai. Theirs talks of him going up to 205, if he does well there, then damn.

    I understand the thread was just who would win in a boxing match, but people kept saying the same sh*t as if it were something new. If it's already been posted, why bother repeating it, or just say agreed. Then people come in and say "well put" or "good point" to replies that are just copy's. Gets a little annoying.
    Amen Alexander!! Very true with some of RJ fights. The problem in Boxing has always been there are a few greats in a division then a bunch of no talents just trying to feed there families. The same thing will happen in MMA. But on a different note I hear that Floyd mayweather might fight on HD-NET in MMA. Now we are talking.A fighter in his prime making the leap to MMA. I love to train, fight, and watch good competition. So I hope it happens. If it does It will be the end of the UFC because some way some how Don King will there and that will be all for Dana.
  28. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme1 View Post
    Amen Alexander!! Very true with some of RJ fights. The problem in Boxing has always been there are a few greats in a division then a bunch of no talents just trying to feed there families. The same thing will happen in MMA. But on a different note I hear that Floyd mayweather might fight on HD-NET in MMA. Now we are talking.A fighter in his prime making the leap to MMA. I love to train, fight, and watch good competition. So I hope it happens. If it does It will be the end of the UFC because some way some how Don King will there and that will be all for Dana.
    That's true about boxing and the depth of divisions. When will we see another Hagler/Leonard/Hearns/Duran type division again? I still love boxing, but nothings really happening.

    I heard about Mayweather fighting in MMA, but the talks seemed to have died down and now he's doing WWE type sh*t? I would love to see him train MMA and see how well he could do. I have a feeling he could be really good, but he is Pretty Boy. Not too sure how much he would enjoy the getting grinded on and elbowed aspect of MMA. He needs to hurry up and start training MMA, he's not that young. I hope Don King never touches MMA. I love when Tyson and King were being interviewed and Tyson goes off on Don King. I'll try to find a clip of it.
  29. New Member
    BalcoAllStar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    I box and I just have to say from my experience that I have fooled around doing some MMA stuff with people I know that do it and there is absolutely no way I would ever be able to win nor would any other boxer be able to win in an MMA match without the proper training. Likewise, if you put mayweather in the UFC he would be completely destroyed without a doubt. Nobody would stand up and try to punch him they would easily take him down and destroy him with elbows or a submission. Does anyone remember what happened when they put Sean Gagnon the "street fighter" into the UFC he was destroyed easily because if you can not defend a takedown you can not win in the UFC period. As far as Silva vs RJ..i obviously believe RJ will still beat him but i would love to see him try his luck against a top fighter at his weight like Joe Calzaghe and the debate would be put to rest whether or not an MMA fighter without pro boxing experience could fight a real boxer.
  30. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1574

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BalcoAllStar View Post
    I box and I just have to say from my experience that I have fooled around doing some MMA stuff with people I know that do it and there is absolutely no way I would ever be able to win nor would any other boxer be able to win in an MMA match without the proper training. Likewise, if you put mayweather in the UFC he would be completely destroyed without a doubt. Nobody would stand up and try to punch him they would easily take him down and destroy him with elbows or a submission. Does anyone remember what happened when they put Sean Gagnon the "street fighter" into the UFC he was destroyed easily because if you can not defend a takedown you can not win in the UFC period. As far as Silva vs RJ..i obviously believe RJ will still beat him but i would love to see him try his luck against a top fighter at his weight like Joe Calzaghe and the debate would be put to rest whether or not an MMA fighter without pro boxing experience could fight a real boxer.
    lol cazzaghe vs silva would be EPIC.....
  31. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BalcoAllStar View Post
    I box and I just have to say from my experience that I have fooled around doing some MMA stuff with people I know that do it and there is absolutely no way I would ever be able to win nor would any other boxer be able to win in an MMA match without the proper training. Likewise, if you put mayweather in the UFC he would be completely destroyed without a doubt. Nobody would stand up and try to punch him they would easily take him down and destroy him with elbows or a submission. Does anyone remember what happened when they put Sean Gagnon the "street fighter" into the UFC he was destroyed easily because if you can not defend a takedown you can not win in the UFC period. As far as Silva vs RJ..i obviously believe RJ will still beat him but i would love to see him try his luck against a top fighter at his weight like Joe Calzaghe and the debate would be put to rest whether or not an MMA fighter without pro boxing experience could fight a real boxer.
    Sean Gannon LOL not a good example.. You got Kimbo going from the street and doing ok so far. I also boxed for years growing up and I did just fine going into MMA . I all depends on the level you are talking about. If you have good hands and a good sprawl you will be fine at the begining. A lot of the dudes I did MMA with are good fighters, but just like getting caught in a submission from someone whos good in BJJ a good boxer does the same to them. They are not used to it. It is the same most top MMA matches are stand up fights so if you get caught by a top pro boxers uppercut while you are shooting in for a takedown you get KOed.
  32. New Member
    BalcoAllStar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    ya i agree that example was bad lol..but im not going to buy into Kimbo yet because if he was really that good he would be the UFC champ because the heavyweights in the UFC right now in my opinion are a joke compared to what they were when it started...i will take Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Mark Coleman, and Dan Severn in their primes over Slyvia, Noguira, and Mir anyday of the week...it appears to me that the heavyweights now have a lot less athletic ability and stamina then when UFC first started..so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.
  33. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2158

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BalcoAllStar View Post
    ya i agree that example was bad lol..but im not going to buy into Kimbo yet because if he was really that good he would be the UFC champ because the heavyweights in the UFC right now in my opinion are a joke compared to what they were when it started...i will take Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Mark Coleman, and Dan Severn in their primes over Slyvia, Noguira, and Mir anyday of the week...it appears to me that the heavyweights now have a lot less athletic ability and stamina then when UFC first started..so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.
    I assume you're trolling or trying to be funny but hiroshima'ing. If not, you have an extra chromosome. Yeah, Coleman > Nog. Please see Pride 17 if you believe this.
  34. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    This is getting bad.
  35. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BalcoAllStar View Post
    ya i agree that example was bad lol..but im not going to buy into Kimbo yet because if he was really that good he would be the UFC champ because the heavyweights in the UFC right now in my opinion are a joke compared to what they were when it started...i will take Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Mark Coleman, and Dan Severn in their primes over Slyvia, Noguira, and Mir anyday of the week...it appears to me that the heavyweights now have a lot less athletic ability and stamina then when UFC first started..so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.
    I don't know where to begin....
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I don't know where to begin....
    You would never be able to stop.
  37. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    363

    Reputation

    so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.




    That was the longest sentence ever. Good God
  38. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.




    That was the longest sentence ever. Good God
    I thought that was you posting for a second and was like "WTF happened to this guy."
  39. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    so my point is Kimbo would face lesser opponents now in the UFC then he would have 10 years ago and i believe that if he fought any of the real heavyweights right now he would lose because he is just like tank abbott he can swing and knock you out but if you get him on the ground he is screwed and i dont think anyone would go into a fight with him in the UFC and try to trade hands it would go to the ground and he would get tapped out.




    That was the longest sentence ever. Good God
    That I could follow
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    That I could follow
    Huh?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort
    By TipTopShape in forum MMA
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 11:52 PM
  2. Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:30 AM
  3. Anderson Silva cheating or no?
    By ThomasRivera in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:37 AM
  4. WTF? Anderson Silva retire?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. Who can beat Anderson Silva?
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in