Who can beat Anderson Silva?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Who can beat Anderson Silva?


    Who do you think would have a better chance of defeating Anderson: GSP coming up to 185 or Anderson moving up to face Rampage? Styles make fights, blah blah. Rampage would probably smash GSP even if GSP had fought at 185 for awhile and then moved up to 205. That obviously doesn't necessarily mean that GSP would be an easier fight for Anderson. That said, I think Page would have a very good chance of beating Anderson. I'd give Page a 50% chance and GSP maybe 30%. What are your thoughts?

  2. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2161
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It's hard to say how GSP would be at 185. Would his wrestling be top notch or would his size hurt him? He'd be a lot shorter than Anderson. I think GSP would mentally cave against a fighter like Anderson. However, it seems like a shooting for a takedown is better than taking him down from the clinch with Anderson. Henderson had a harder time taking him down than I thought he would. GSP wouldn't get wild like Hendo either. I'd give him a 20% chance at best.

    Page could probably bully Anderson a little and take him too the floor. As long as he could stay out of the plum, I think he could pound away at Anderson from the ground. I'd say there's a 60% chance of a victory howl.

    How about Machida?

    I guess you're saying that no one will beat him at 185 essentially. No one currently in the UFC has a great shot. If Hendo could avoid getting wild, a rematch would be itneresting.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I'll reserve judgement until after GSP's next few fights.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    359
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    6.33%

    I'd have to give the edge to GSP, he's probably just as fast as anderson but more explosive. He's well rounded enough to catch a kick and take anderson down and control him on the ground enough and escape any submission attempts. I think there's would be the best matchup.

    As far as Rampage, Silva's too fast he could probably just stay on the outside peppering him with combo's and circling away, he's a very patient fighter that way. But once he sees his opening he's on you like white on rice.
  5. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    It's hard to say how GSP would be at 185. Would his wrestling be top notch or would his size hurt him? He'd be a lot shorter than Anderson. I think GSP would mentally cave against a fighter like Anderson. However, it seems like a shooting for a takedown is better than taking him down from the clinch with Anderson. Henderson had a harder time taking him down than I thought he would. GSP wouldn't get wild like Hendo either. I'd give him a 20% chance at best.

    Page could probably bully Anderson a little and take him too the floor. As long as he could stay out of the plum, I think he could pound away at Anderson from the ground. I'd say there's a 60% chance of a victory howl.

    How about Machida?

    I guess you're saying that no one will beat him at 185 essentially. No one currently in the UFC has a great shot. If Hendo could avoid getting wild, a rematch would be itneresting.
    That's a good point about the takedowns. Even if GSP gets him down, I don't know how he would do in Anderson's punishing preying mantis like guard? Page on the other hand could probably use his brute strength to be a threat in Anderson's guard. I think your 20 and 60 might be a better bet. Page's chin would be a big advantage too. GSP's little Kermit the Frog(Norris should like that) head might get put to sleep.

    We'll see how GSP looks against Serra, but I don't think that will show us much. GSP is gonna dominate Serra, real bad.
  6. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until after GSP's next few fights.
    It's gonna be hard to determine much if he fights Serra and then Fitch. Those guys aren't even in Anderson's league. GSP will dominate both of them. I think Kos is probably GSP's biggest threat and he already took care of him rather easily. I'd be thrilled if GSP beat Serra and immediately moved up and faced either Okami/Franklin/Bisping, etc. Maybe one more fight after that and then time for Anderson/GSP. I don't know if they can keep Anderson occupied at 185 for that long though.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    It's gonna be hard to determine much if he fights Serra and then Fitch. Those guys aren't even in Anderson's league. GSP will dominate both of them. I think Kos is probably GSP's biggest threat and he already took care of him rather easily. I'd be thrilled if GSP beat Serra and immediately moved up and faced either Okami/Franklin/Bisping, etc. Maybe one more fight after that and then time for Anderson/GSP. I don't know if they can keep Anderson occupied at 185 for that long though.
    I meant more psychologically. In terms of skill-sets, GSP could beat Anderson. All things being equal, I would give him a 50/50 chance. I only discount him because of his head, and that's why I want to see his attitude in these fights.
  8. New Member
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    359
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    6.33%

    Page doesn't know how to defend against knees either, he just tries to use brute strength to get out of a clinch, which works against most.
    With a good thai clinch they're not just pulling on your neck like we see most people do. They'll use there elbows as a lever in the guy's shoulders and pull the top of the head down. You have maybe a millisecond to escape.
  9. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Page doesn't know how to defend against knees either, he just tries to use brute strength to get out of a clinch, which works against most.
    With a good thai clinch they're not just pulling on your neck like we see most people do. They'll use there elbows as a lever in the guy's shoulders and pull the top of the head down. You have maybe a millisecond to escape.
    True, I wonder if Juanito has done anything to address that. Griffin will probably try to thai clinch him(at least he should), decent chance we'll get to see if Page has improved his defense.
  10. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2161
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Aside from BJ moving up, I think that you're right in that Kos is the only real threat to GSP. If he could tailor his wrestling to a more defensive style and then try to out-strike GSP, then maybe he'd have a chance, although not good.

    I could see a big 185 dude like Franklin sprawling on GSP and eventually KOing him, but I'm not sure Rich has it anymore.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Aside from BJ moving up, I think that you're right in that Kos is the only real threat to GSP. If he could tailor his wrestling to a more defensive style and then try to out-strike GSP, then maybe he'd have a chance, although not good.

    I could see a big 185 dude like Franklin sprawling on GSP and eventually KOing him, but I'm not sure Rich has it anymore.
    If GSP had never lost to Serra, and continued on to destroy Hughes x 3, Fitch, whoever, I'd bet on GSP in a fight against Silva. He was formerly relentless in his striking, has very good sub defense, and is far more explosive than anything Anderson has faced.

    I mean, look how Hendo controlled that first round, and I think GSP is more competent on the ground than Hendo (though it was really the standup which did him in).
  12. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,578
    Rep Power
    1215362
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Honestly, I think GSP, Kang, and maybe Lindland are the only ones with >25% chance.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  13. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2269
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Matt Lindland.
    Sadly, UFC continues to not allow Matt Lindland back into the mix.

    Does no one think Chonan can get a repeat?

    I would like to see Machida drop down in weight and fight Silva. I think it would make for a very interesting stand up battle but it will not happen.
  14. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    did GSP say he was going to move up? why all the talk of him moving up? at 185 i dont think anyone can beat Silva. If they do it would be pretty lucky.
  15. Registered User
    swole210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    661
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    9.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I like GSP a lot,and hopefully he comes back around, I don't think there is anyone who can take Silva out right now! The man is just SO fluid, and versatile in his attacks. He throws the best and most precise combonations I have ever seen. I mean he uses it all! Punches, kicks, knees, elbows, everything in combonations! He's effing SICK!
  16. New Member
    KurtisWicked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

    Why are people still giving GSP a chance against Silva? At 170 GSP is a force and would be VERY hard to beat but at 185 I'm not sure, let alone against Silva. He could handle some of the lower level guys but no one top 5.

    Back on topic, not many. Silva's striking is light years ahead of most of the fighters out there. He'd KO Liddell, Wand, Shogun, Jardine, Machida, and I think he'd take Rampage. He demolished Hendo in the second round.
  17. New Member
    aquanutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    91.33%

    Butterbean.



    Don't think he'd make weight though....
  18. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    GSP at 185 will get destroyed by Anderson Silva. The only way Silva will get tested is at 205. He has great speed and muay thai and bjj he would do fine at 205. I would like to see him go against W silva or even someone like Mike Bisping or rashad Evans. Remember Anderson has everything over most of the 205 class but power but he has enough of everything else to beat them all. if he goes down in weight the only one that may have the compleat package to give him a fight is GSP and it wont be enough.
  19. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    At 185, Filho and Lindland have the best chances. Too bad he will never fight either one of them. Rampage would kill Anderson as would most top light heavies, lets not get delusional here.
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    At 185, Filho and Lindland have the best chances. Too bad he will never fight either one of them. Rampage would kill Anderson as would most top light heavies, lets not get delusional here.
    I don't think so. Recent history shows us that fighters can be very competitive in 'unnatural' weight classes (i.e., Hendo KO'ing Silva, Randy winning the HW belt). It's not delusional at all to assume he would.
  21. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I don't think so. Recent history shows us that fighters can be very competitive in 'unnatural' weight classes (i.e., Hendo KO'ing Silva, Randy winning the HW belt). It's not delusional at all to assume he would.

    How in the hell is heavyweight an "unnatural" weight class for Randy? When he beat Sylvia, that was what, the third time he won the UFC heavyweight title? Randy is a natural heavyweight, which is why 17 out of his 24 fights have been in the heavyweight division.
  22. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    Most guys drop weight to fight at an unnatural weight so whats your point. They weight division you train to fight at and fight is you fight weight plain and simple.
  23. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme1 View Post
    Most guys drop weight to fight at an unnatural weight so whats your point. They weight division you train to fight at and fight is you fight weight plain and simple.
    Thanks for filling us in. I dont think any of us knew this.
  24. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    I am not the 1 talking about unnatural weights thats all. Nothing personal.
  25. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    362732
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    BJ Penn
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Xtreme, Robdog calm down.

    The point was that a fighter's 'natural' weight class is one he has fought most of his career at. The point was then competing at a class higher than that is not completely impossible. Jesus.
  27. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Xtreme, Robdog calm down.

    The point was that a fighter's 'natural' weight class is one he has fought most of his career at. The point was then competing at a class higher than that is not completely impossible. Jesus.
    No ****. Thats why i was proving how wrong you were with your Randy comment. Randy has fought most of his career at hw, yet you stated that him competing at hw was a class higher than he normally competes at. Do you understand?
  28. New Member
    xtreme1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    Its all in good fun Mullet. I Boxed competitive at 165 for my first 10 fights I was 7 - 3 at middle weight at 5'7 not to bad. I finished at 150 lbs and went 3 -0 then quit to do some judo and small circle jj. I hear what your saying about weights just having a lil fun. Great thread and to answer your A Silva question the only 1 that will beat A Silva is himself if he loses focus.
  29. Registered User
    swole210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    661
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    9.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    No ****. Thats why i was proving how wrong you were with your Randy comment. Randy has fought most of his career at hw, yet you stated that him competing at hw was a class higher than he normally competes at. Do you understand?
    EASY ON THE TEST & TREN BRO! Friendly discussion here, lets not start each other!
  30. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I like Chuck's chances due to his reach, KO power and chin. Chuck has the reach and power to test Anderson's chin. If Chuck cant drop or hurt him quick, I like Anderson's chances though.

    I really like Machida's chances as well. I don't think GSP has a chance. He got KO'd by Serra, Silva will eat him alive.
  31. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    ok ok. I guess i got a little carried away
  32. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2161
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I like Chuck's chances due to his reach, KO power and chin. Chuck has the reach and power to test Anderson's chin. If Chuck cant drop or hurt him quick, I like Anderson's chances though.

    I really like Machida's chances as well. I don't think GSP has a chance. He got KO'd by Serra, Silva will eat him alive.
    I think Anderson KO's Chuck. His attack is too varied and Silva's chin is solid as hell.

    We all saw his glass chin with that 1 punch KO against Page.

    Maybe a big wrestler like Tito could actually hold him down and elbow him in brutal fashion. I still would like to see Silva against a good GnPer who shoots for single legs. Arona's actually a better choice now that I think about it, but he's not in the UFC.
  33. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I think Anderson KO's Chuck. His attack is too varied and Silva's chin is solid as hell.

    We all saw his glass chin with that 1 punch KO against Page.

    Maybe a big wrestler like Tito could actually hold him down and elbow him in brutal fashion. I still would like to see Silva against a good GnPer who shoots for single legs. Arona's actually a better choice now that I think about it, but he's not in the UFC.
    I dont think you are really stupid enough to really think that Chuck has a glass chin from that one flash KO.

    He took that punch right on the button. A very weak flash KO but Page did a good job getting the fight stopped. The most dissapointing fight in the history of MMA for all fans. Rampage's biggest fans included.

    I agree that a GNP'er might be the best person to beat Anderson. Hell I think Brock would beat him. The 100+ pounds more of muscle would outweigh all of Silva's talent.
  34. Registered User
    swole210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    661
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    9.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I dont think you are really stupid enough to really think that Chuck has a glass chin from that one flash KO.

    He took that punch right on the button. A very weak flash KO but Page did a good job getting the fight stopped. The most dissapointing fight in the history of MMA for all fans. Rampage's biggest fans included.

    I agree that a GNP'er might be the best person to beat Anderson. Hell I think Brock would beat him. The 100+ pounds more of muscle would outweigh all of Silva's talent.

    Until he gets put in another ankle lock........ J/K! But size will definitely not allways make up for skills, especially superb skills.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Wanderlei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    41.29%

    A lot of 205ers could give Anderson a run for his money and he probably should move up in weight class. At 185 and under though very few could contend. I thought that Akiyama could possibly cause problems but after the Misaki fight I don't feel that way. Same with Kang, after getting KOd by Akiyama I have no doubt Anderson would do the same. I think Okami could frustrate Silva though and pull out a win.

    GSP is too small and the reach disadvantage would mean him eating several shots. He might be able to secure a takedown though and pound or sub Anderson. They have pretty similar styles but Anderson has a better chin and I think once GSP gets tagged he won't want to stand and will resort to telegraphed shots and get pounded or subbed.

    BJ Penn has a solid chin and I think may fair the best against Silva for anyone under 185. In the end he probably gets outmuscled but I'd like to see how he withstands Silva's striking.
  36. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,474
    Rep Power
    1083708
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I like Chuck's chances due to his reach, KO power and chin. Chuck has the reach and power to test Anderson's chin. If Chuck cant drop or hurt him quick, I like Anderson's chances though.

    I really like Machida's chances as well. I don't think GSP has a chance. He got KO'd by Serra, Silva will eat him alive.
    I hate to agree with Cnorris but you are 100%on here. At 205 Silva would be good but I do not think would dominate in the same fashion. If GSP moved up, I think it would be a slaughter for Anderson.

    At 205 he would have trouble with Page, Chuck, Machida and also some of the bigger guys like Forrest (that pains me to say)
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  37. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    No ****. Thats why i was proving how wrong you were with your Randy comment. Randy has fought most of his career at hw, yet you stated that him competing at hw was a class higher than he normally competes at. Do you understand?
    Are you going to be alright?
  38. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Are you going to be alright?
    Not if you keep saying stupid sh*t No, your point was good. Randy's actually the perfect example of a guy that competes against and does well against bigger men. He's usually outweighed by 20-30 pounds. He did have trouble in the past with big guys, Ricco and Barnett, but did well against Sylvia and Gonzo, who are both big dudes.

    On a side note, I'd like to see Chuck fight at HW. He wouldn't be that small compared to most of the HW's and he could tee off on the slower fellas.
  39. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    BJ Penn would take Silva.
  40. Advanced Member
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    477
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    94.98%

    Chuck fighting at HW would just give him an excuse to party more since he wouldnt have to make weight. We have all seen how well chuck does when hes not in shape and I dont think he would be in good shape if he came in at HW. Just my opinion.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 03:30 AM
  2. Anderson Silva cheating or no?
    By ThomasRivera in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:37 AM
  3. WTF? Anderson Silva retire?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
  4. Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.
    By The_Reverend in forum MMA
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in