MMA/Jiu-Jitsu - AnabolicMinds.com

MMA/Jiu-Jitsu

1. Banned
    Answers

MMA/Jiu-Jitsu

I'm new here. I have been reading the posts in MMA and felt there were some honest guys here. Mainly three guys tanner, alexander and I forget the others name, black guy punching in avator. I trained in Jiu-Jitsu and some boxing from 97'-01' then went off to school out of town and stopped. I went back to jiu-jitsu in 05'. We have been affiliated with Saulo Riberio since 00'. I recently received my purple from him. I'm older now and my style is naturally more to use more strength when we train rather than being overly technical. I wish I was more technically because the technique used right is more impressive. And I have been pulling half guard a lot to become technical at this position and I do see improvements and feeling enlightenment from time to time.

I dont trust the guys in the supplment forum they all seem like vendors promoting a product. Recently I have been thinking about getting into supplements. Not to get huge even though I want to do a test booster. But more for stamina. My diest is pretty much in check. Although I dont seem to be able to get the amount of protein they say I need for a pound of body weight. I weight 215 not huge but find it hard to eat 215 grams of protein a day.

Have any recomendations for brands of protein drinks? Ever tried any test boosters?

Silva is the man was pulling for hendo though, though i missed it I read the results here. Read an interview in gracie mag of silva and he has stand-up character. Hendo is pretty good himself.

Have any recomendations on and BJJ instructional DVD I have Saulo's revolution 1 set but that is what I learn where I train I would like to bring some new stuff to my game and pull a fast one on my brothers. Oh well not sure if you are into BJJ as much as MMA just thought I'd ask.

2. Elite Member
    Answers

Tanner? You mean, Jas, he has Tanner in his avatar. He's a homosexual, but he's still pretty cool. I personally wouldn't grapple with him, just saying.

I don't train in BJJ or MMA. Rodja is the only pro fighter on this board and I'm sure he'll chime in and recommend some vids and supplements. I train pretty much powerlifting style so the supps I use may differ a little. Beta-Alanine is a winner, should help with endurance and give a nice strength boost. I also like a supplement called Cordygen 5, you can go look into it in the Millenium Sports section. They're good guys and IMO, Cordygen5 helps with cardio even though I don't do a ton. For Protein you should probably go with EvoPro by Cytosport or Whey protein by Optimum Nutrition. Both are relatively cheap and are a good quality protein supplement. Rodja should chime in and will probably add some good suggestions. You can buy cheap supplements at NutraPlanet, and you can get the Beta-Alanine in bulk which is a great deal.

Do you watch a lot of MMA? Either way stick around for some good conversation.
  3. Banned
    Answers

I know alanine is a A.A. is this taken pre, post, morning or night. I heard to take it about 60 minutes pre workout along with leucine.

So no test boosters?

Well I do watch MMA a bit and have fought as an AM. I like it but I'm more into the art of BJJ.
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Thanks for the response. Supplements have gotten so confusion since i lasted used them. Internet makes it easy for me to order but so many companies and so many products. I decide on what i want then I read further on a forum and i read some guy saying its crap.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by swank View Post
    I know alanine is a A.A. is this taken pre, post, morning or night. I heard to take it about 60 minutes pre workout along with leucine.

So no test boosters?

Well I do watch MMA a bit and have fought as an AM. I like it but I'm more into the art of BJJ.
    Alanine and Beta-Alanine are two different things; BA is a lactic-acid buffer and Alanine is a non-essential AA. I take 8g of BA daily split into 2 doses: 4g 30-60 minutes prior to training and the remaining amount throughout my training sessions (along with BCAAs, SuperCarb, and Poseidon).

As far as test-boosters go, I have used both IGF-2 and Activate Xtreme and highly recommend them. They not only help with strength, LBM, and recovery, but they also help improve your cardio.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Elite Member
    Answers

Yeah, the sh*t gets confusing. Just stick to the basics. Buy some BCAA's, Beta-Alanine, and maybe some Supercarb. Supercarb is a low glycemic carb powder. Mix a few tablespoons of Supercarb, 20grams BCAA's, and 5-6 grams BA. Start drinking it before your workout and drink it throughout the workout. After your workout chug down 40g of protein mixed with some oats. What does your workout routine look like?

A simple supp list:

Beta-Alanine -Kilo 37$
    BCAA's- Kilo 35$
    Evopro-2-2.2 pd 45$

Other supps to consider:

Supercarb- 2-2.2 pd 35$
    Geranamine(pre-workout energizer)-?available at Nutraplanet
    RPM(another pre-workout energizer) ""
  7. Banned
    Answers

Ok gotcha on the BA and alanine difference. Thanks
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I trained under a Saulo Riberio affiliated school also.

Welcome aboard AM.
  9. Banned
    Answers

My workouts in the gym used to be very structured.

For Chestexample)
    4-6 sets bench 15, 12, 10, 8, 2X6 reps
    3-4 sets flys usually 12+ reps
    3-4 sets incline
    3-4 dips
    And I would change it up every month or so.

Now it is very unstructured and this is because I was introduced to how you train in BJJ and boxing. I'm not a perfect example of this but this is how I would train if I went to my gym.

15-20 minutes on a heavy bag.
    4 sets of leg press usually 15 plus reps
    treadmill run a mile
    1 set leg press six reps
    treadmill 1/4 mile
    1 set leg 6 rep
    treadmill 1/4 mile
    so on 2 more times.
    Leg extensions 2 sets
    leg curls 2 sets

at home I may hit my heavy bag for 2 minutes
    then do a minute of push-ups, alligator walk, dont know names ab exercises i do just do them all different types of things alternating between 2 minute heavy bag rounds or shadow boxing and 1 minute of something else back and forth.

I pretty much get bored on weights now.
  10. Banned
    Answers

so how did you like saulo and xande?
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Tanner? You mean, Jas, he has Tanner in his avatar. He's a homosexual, but he's still pretty cool. I personally wouldn't grapple with him, just saying.
    HEEEYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY.

Anyway, welcome aboard Swank. I like BA a lot too. BCAA f--- up me stomach so I don't really take them, but I think Alex's advice is sound. Be ware of geranamine...... I'm taking Deisel Test Hardcore, but I'm not really sold on it as a quality test boost in the same category as Activate. It's great for libido and as a sexual intensifier (not a concern for Alex's tumbleweed-blowing-by unit).

I don't train in MMA either but I'd recommend squats on your leg days over leg press. They really increase core strength and cause you to release massive amounts of test.

Rodja, is IGF-2 a test booster? I thought it was more of a growth hormone booster like Powerfull?
  12. Banned
    Answers

Yeah I wish I oculd do squats. Hoping I will be able to someday again. When I was a fatass I was drinking beer everyday and got to 260 lbs I went out for a jog trying to get back in shape and I did something to my upper right thigh and it pretty much has felt weak when i went down in the squat position. THis has persisted for almost a year. For some reason leg press or running doesnt bother it even though it happened when I was running. But about 4 nights ago I was laying in bed I dont know if I was half asleep or what but in my mind I was thinking about this and wishing it would get better and all of a sudden I heard some noises down in that area of my leg like it was being healed and truthfully it has felt better since. I mean even stepping with this leg walking up the stairs I felt the pain for nearly a year but for the past four days it has felt strangly different in a good way. I was spending some time stretching it out a lot maybe that did it.
  13. Banned
    Answers

what about Hyperdrol?
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

But about 4 nights ago I was laying in bed I dont know if I was half asleep or what but in my mind I was thinking about this and wishing it would get better and all of a sudden I heard some noises down in that area of my leg like it was being healed and truthfully it has felt better since. .

Your leg made noises? Maybe Beta Alanine isn't what you need then...
  15. Banned
    Answers

Well, I see someone has a smart mouth on the net...
    What do I need?
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

what about Hyperdrol?
    Seems a little sketchy to me if you're trying to stay nonhormonal. I've never used it though. I'm personally not a big AX fan.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    HEEEYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY.

Anyway, welcome aboard Swank. I like BA a lot too. BCAA f--- up me stomach so I don't really take them, but I think Alex's advice is sound. Be ware of geranamine...... I'm taking Deisel Test Hardcore, but I'm not really sold on it as a quality test boost in the same category as Activate. It's great for libido and as a sexual intensifier (not a concern for Alex's tumbleweed-blowing-by unit).

I don't train in MMA either but I'd recommend squats on your leg days over leg press. They really increase core strength and cause you to release massive amounts of test.

Rodja, is IGF-2 a test booster? I thought it was more of a growth hormone booster like Powerfull?
    IGF-2 is both, actually. The Safed Musli has test boosting properties and the Macuna boosts GH.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. New Member
    Answers

hey Rodja is there a level of how much Testosterone you allowed to have in your body during a fight. some fighters have failed drug tests and the results were 500% above normal Test levels.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MMABoxing View Post
    hey Rodja is there a level of how much Testosterone you allowed to have in your body during a fight. some fighters have failed drug tests and the results were 500% above normal Test levels.
    It is not the test level, per-se. It is the ratio of testosterone:epitestosterone. Most fighters have been popped for nandralone because it sticks around in the system for much longer.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. New Member
    Answers

oo ic. have you heard of Steroid cleanse many people reviewed it and say it works. get rid of all steroid traces. its good for blood test, saliva etc.... im not trying to promote this product
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    By dualmass in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. NEW WEBSITE FOR BRAZILAIN JIU JITSU
    By elgallotapout in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 09:25 AM