UFC 82 Afterthoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    UFC 82 Afterthoughts.


    Kongo looked weak...i mean he did look like a big strong mofo but his game and aggression was just subpar. I thought he could have finished Herring on couple occasions. Herring tho, you gotta give it to him he is game. He was dissappointed it wasnt more of a slugfest. I love how he just asked Bud Light to sponsor him on a drinking tour lol.

    I knew Silva would win and once they began exchanging i could already see him ending it by sub. I mean who is gonna KO Hendo anyway? Silva nuthugger right here!

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    First, Cecil Peoples needs to be fired. Second, I was sad for Tanner how he lost, but I hope he keeps it together. Finally, Silva is a beast; this is otherworldly dominance that is beyond even Fedor. I thought Hendo would be able to push him and eventually wear him out in the later rounds.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    Herb Dean didnt piss me the fck off! for the first time! I must agree, Anderson Silva is owning.
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Herb Dean didnt piss me the fck off! for the first time! I must agree, Anderson Silva is owning.
    I think that Herb catches WAY too much BS for his reffing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Nah, while my initial reaction was angry at Dean, the later views showed he was correct. Sakara pulled guard out of instinct but was out of it, most definitely.

    I'm not sure who can beat Silva at MW, who is left?
  6. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Good fights last night. I'm super pissed we didn't get to see Arlovski.

    It seems like nobody's gonna be a threat to Anderson for a while, maybe they need to bring in frank shamrock. He is the best fighter in the world ya know!
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Nah, while my initial reaction was angry at Dean, the later views showed he was correct. Sakara pulled guard out of instinct but was out of it, most definitely.

    I'm not sure who can beat Silva at MW, who is left?
    As a fighter, I can see why Sakara would be upset, but he took 3 shots without defending himself or trying to better his position.

    As far as Andy goes, I have no idea who is a real threat; Lindland might give him some trouble and I would like to see him against Okami again, but there isn't really anyone who is a threat
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Wandy at 185?
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Wandy at 185?
    Eh, I don't think Wand needs to move down; he has fought bigger opponents before and he has never been outmuscled in a fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Also, I am glad that Coleman is coming back to the UFC, but he is about 5 years too late to have any impact. Lesnar is going to badly hurt him.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    As a fighter, I can see why Sakara would be upset, but he took 3 shots without defending himself or trying to better his position.

    As far as Andy goes, I have no idea who is a real threat; Lindland might give him some trouble and I would like to see him against Okami again, but there isn't really anyone who is a threat
    This is utterly premature (like all of jas' ejaculations) but I think if GSP gets past Serra, and runs WW, that could be an interesting fight. I really think GSP has the skill set to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world, and he could easily be at MW.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    This is utterly premature (like all of jas' ejaculations) but I think if GSP gets past Serra, and runs WW, that could be an interesting fight. I really think GSP has the skill set to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world, and he could easily be at MW.
    He needs to beat Serra, Fitch, and Penn before he thinks about moving up in weight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Eh, I don't think Wand needs to move down; he has fought bigger opponents before and he has never been outmuscled in a fight.
    Outmuscled no, but vertically challenged, yes. Most lh are 6'2 and up are they not?
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Outmuscled no, but vertically challenged, yes. Most lh are 6'2 and up are they not?
    Reach isn't everything. For example, Kongo had over 6 inches of reach and he didn't win. Wand needs to to re-acquire his aggression and start throwing some damn knees...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He needs to beat Serra, Fitch, and Penn before he thinks about moving up in weight.
    Hence:

    This is utterly premature
    But thanks for the info Captain Buzzkill.

  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Hence:



    But thanks for the info Captain Buzzkill.

    I agree with you completely, but there are some other things to take care of first. Maybe not Penn at that point, but Serra and Fitch definitely.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I agree with you completely, but there are some other things to take care of first. Maybe not Penn at that point, but Serra and Fitch definitely.
    No, I know, that's what I meant by clearing out his division.

    It was more of a fantasy allusion; if GSP were to beat all the fighters you mentioned, and Anderson continues like this, at that point it could be an interesting matchup.

    Barring a self-psych-out, I think Penn is the only one who gives him honest trouble at WW. I don't think Fitch's wrestling will compete with GSP's, as, more or less, he is Matt Hughes invigorated, with some added stand up adeptness. I just don't think GSP is a good style matchup for Fitch, because GSP can do everything Fitch can do - just much better.

    Penn though, that's another story (assuming he would remain that conditioned).
  18. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Reach isn't everything. For example, Kongo had over 6 inches of reach and he didn't win. Wand needs to to re-acquire his aggression and start throwing some damn knees...
    That's true, wandy's strength and aggressive style has always been enough to neutralize reach advantage. But he didn't fight like that against chuck, and he came up short, no pun intended, well?, maybe!
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    That's true, wandy's strength and aggressive style has always been enough to neutralize reach advantage. But he didn't fight like that against chuck, and he came up short, no pun intended, well?, maybe!
    Chuck also kinda *****ed out in the third round; he fought not to lose in that one.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    I'm not really sold on Fitch. He just doesn't seem that great and gets dangerously close to getting subbed a lot. Expect ownage if he fights GSP.

    Okami looked good and I guess storyline wise he should be Anderson's next fight. Tanner took too much time off and started back against too tough of an opponent.

    Leben still eats 8 shots on the chin and then eventually connects and wins. He'll still get beat often.

    Kongo developed some nice takedowns, but doesn't have the ground skills to keep him there or do much. Heath looked good but I don't really expect much from him.

    Anderson's the man. He had Dan hurt bad before he locked up the sub. Couture? **** that, Anderson-Fedor.

    I like Hazelett. He may have lost, but he's got some great skills and is only 21. He'll be exciting in the future. Nice win for Kos, but he needs to stop throwing those ridiculous haymakers.
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I'm not really sold on Fitch. He just doesn't seem that great and gets dangerously close to getting subbed a lot. Expect ownage if he fights GSP.

    Okami looked good and I guess storyline wise he should be Anderson's next fight. Tanner took too much time off and started back against too tough of an opponent.

    Leben still eats 8 shots on the chin and then eventually connects and wins. He'll still get beat often.

    Kongo developed some nice takedowns, but doesn't have the ground skills to keep him there or do much. Heath looked good but I don't really expect much from him.

    Anderson's the man. He had Dan hurt bad before he locked up the sub. Couture? **** that, Anderson-Fedor.

    I like Hazelett. He may have lost, but he's got some great skills and is only 21. He'll be exciting in the future. Nice win for Kos, but he needs to stop throwing those ridiculous haymakers.

    My sentiments exactly on Fitch; if GSP doesn't have a mental breakdown against Serra again, he would easily take that match.

    Did anybody hear Fitch's comments on GSP? He said he's recently turned into a 'wrestler' because he's scared of the knockout and won't stand and trade. I think he fought Kos and Hughes the way he did to be more intelligent in the fight, he won both of those fights handily and very intelligently. Fitch said he's now going about things the 'hard way' by wrestling wrestlers. If what GSP did to Hughes and Kos was hard, I'd hate to see what easy is.
  22. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    I was at a bar and didn't catch it all. I think GSP was a little afraid of Kos standup aggression at first. He seemed uncomfortable with it. He man handled Hughes though and had no reason to fear his standup so it doesn't make that much sense.
  23. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Anderson Silva is really good.
  24. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Hmm. I bet that post wasn't just to show off your av.... Where's that groin kick emoticon....
  25. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Does anyone have the pre-lims?
  26. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    The group I was watching the fight with were rooting for Henderson, so I was psyched when Silva cut off his blood and O2 in the upper and lower extremities.

    I love how classy and respectful Silva was at the end of the fight too, bowing to and showing resepct to Henderson and his entire entourage. That's the kind of stuff that makes MMA look good.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    The group I was watching the fight with were rooting for Henderson, so I was psyched when Silva cut off his blood and O2 in the upper and lower extremities.

    I love how classy and respectful Silva was at the end of the fight too, bowing to and showing resepct to Henderson and his entire entourage. That's the kind of stuff that makes MMA look good.
    Except for Lindland...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Except for Lindland...
    Really? Didn't pick up on that.
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Really? Didn't pick up on that.
    Yeah, he pretty much brushed Woogie off.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Jas, I recommend actually watching the event, it's better. I actually like Woogie for the most part. He's not Anderson classy, but he's a decent guy.
  31. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    J.T. Taylor will make anyone look good. Lindland is a goofball.
    YouTube - Sportfight - Matt Lindland and JT Taylor Face off
  32. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Jas, I recommend actually watching the event, it's better. I actually like Woogie for the most part. He's not Anderson classy, but he's a decent guy.
    I don't have the right setup to order it at my place. I haven't started making a Vika-like salary yet.

    O'brien-AA

    Video UFC 82 - Andrei Arlovski vs Jake O Brien - andrei, arlovski, russia - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
  33. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I don't the right setup to order it at my place. I haven't started making a Vika-like salary yet.

    O'brien-AA

    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...ake-o-br_sport
    That's cool. When you do start making Vika-like dough I'll come up there to watch an event, and I'll scoop up TheMouth on my way. Thanks for the vid.
  34. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    How about Machida-Anderson? I'd be interested in the striking in that one.

    If Filho looks good against Chael, maybe they should give him to Anderson. I actually would love to see him get KTFO.
  35. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    That's cool. When you do start making Vika-like dough I'll come up there to watch an event, and I'll scoop up TheMouth on my way. Thanks for the vid.
    Thanks, Alex.



    **** you guys then, I'll roll with Vika myself.
  36. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Thanks, Alex.



    **** you guys then, I'll roll with Vika myself.
    Throw in Augustine, and it's a party. Wait how many people is that?
  37. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Throw in Augustine, and it's a party. Wait how many people is that?
    Throw Poly in there too, I'm looking to get lucky with those tata's.
  38. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    J.T. Taylor will make anyone look good. Lindland is a goofball.
    YouTube - Sportfight - Matt Lindland and JT Taylor Face off
    Seen it. There's some pic of Lindland holding up Baroni's booty shorts (at a weigh in?) from this video:

  39. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    what a tool baroni is for making that vid!
  40. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    How does Baroni live with himself? Good lord.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CEL M-Drol Cycle Afterthoughts (16.5lbs gain)
    By Goose200 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in