Yamma Pit Fighting

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
YAMMA

Same guy that started the original UFC. His Floor of his "cage" is hard. No mat.

I hope he ****ing dies.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The UFC's cage used be much less padded on the floor in the earlier days, but too many people were getting KOed on takedowns which people thought ruined fights like Tanner-Tito,

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
The UFC's cage used be much less padded on the floor in the earlier days, but too many people were getting KOed on takedowns which people thought ruined fights like Tanner-Tito,
This is the SAME GUY who designed that cage.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Frye has lost his mind. In a recent interview he said he's feeling good and that he wants to fight Fedor. Oleg is gonna kneebar his ass.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frye has lost his mind. In a recent interview he said he's feeling good and that he wants to fight Fedor.
Old man Frye? I think calling Fedor out is just the thing to do these days.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, old man Frye, who just got KO'd by Dog The Bounty Hunter's bodyguard. Granted Frye was tanked, but it was still pretty embarassing. Didn't the chinless JT just KO him not too long ago as well. Frye is a great guy, but he should just hang em up after this fight with Taktarov.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Did we forget about his impressive victories in between? Um, Akebono, Warpath (ok a draw),....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's almost as good. Pat Smith is almost the poor man's american Branko. Good chance he'll do some entertaining bullsh*t and Taktorov might take his knee home with him. I didn't know Taktorov beat Marsh recently.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, where were you at? I think I made a thread about that Oleg fight and tumbleweed rolled by. Oleg was the start of the Russian freight train.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Knowing me, I was probably just out getting some tail. I have to beat these b*tches off with a stick. Pimpin aint easy but it's necessary, so I'm chasin b*tches like Tom chases Jerry. I wish someone would just off me and get it over with.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, is Kimbo gonna fight Warpath next? I wouldn't mind seeing Kimbo fight Butterbean, but he's locking horns with Goodridge, one of Fedya's biggest wins, in my book.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, is Kimbo gonna fight Warpath next? I wouldn't mind seeing Kimbo fight Butterbean, but he's locking horns with Goodridge, one of Fedya's biggest wins, in my book.
:icon_lol: at the avatar! Do you know how many times I tried to put Mullet's legs avatar as mine? I could never get the file type to work though.

As far as offing yourself, I think CNorris manned up and ended himself. I haven't seen him around.

I'd like to see Bean KO Kimbo for some reason. I'm a hater.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: at the avatar! Do you know how many times I tried to put Mullet's legs avatar as mine? I could never get the file type to work though.

As far as offing yourself, I think CNorris manned up and ended himself. I haven't seen him around.

I'd like to see Bean KO Kimbo for some reason. I'm a hater.
That sucks, maybe you can use his biceps peak shot as an av?

I don't think Norris has done himself in yet. It's starting to warm up and I believe this is hunting season for hippies.

I wouldn't mind seeing that either. I think it might really make for a great fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kerr and Ricco are supposedly in the tournament. Kerr will get smashed again of course.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure unless someone was pulling a hilarious April Fool's joke. Ricco should win the Tourney.

Side note: What's up with talking sh1t about Wand calling him the Chump Murderer and what-not. If you get brutally KOed by a dude twice, you can't really talk sh1t about him. I still think Page would win today but come on.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd be really surprised to see Ricco in this tournament, but yeah if he is he wins.

I don't know whats up with Rampage and his sh*t talking. I find most of it to be pretty hilarious. Griffin does kind of punch like a crackhead. Maybe Rampage is bored with this long break between fights, but he has been doing the show. The sh*t he said about Wand is pretty stupid. I think Wand has his number and would still pull out a victory in the UFC.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dude, is your b-day today?

Yeah, I don't mind the smack talk about Forrest and still like Rampage, but you come off stupid putting down someone who's owned you twice.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No doubt, Page should zip it up when it comes to Wand. That's what makes his sh*t talking so good, most of it makes sense and is funny.

My birthday was yesterday. I celebrated with an attempted offing, but unfortunately I failed miserably. Tomorrow I get all my wisdom teeth pulled and I still can't walk, party on!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No doubt, Page should zip it up when it comes to Wand. That's what makes his sh*t talking so good, most of it makes sense and is funny.

My birthday was yesterday. I celebrated with an attempted offing, but unfortunately I failed miserably. Tomorrow I get all my wisdom teeth pulled and I still can't walk, party on!
:cheers: Happy B-day, I've got a present for you which you'll see soon. Also, I'll be sending you a $50 check so that you can send me some supplements. I trust you. ;) :lol: You're ridiculously old to be getting your teeth pulled. I didn't think it was bad at all, but it varies. Channel Efed and remain stoic or channel MJ and remain comfortably numb.

Edit: <---- Happy B-day, I hope it "rocks hard".

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yamma Fighting Surface Described; Kerr, Rodriguez Added to Card By Sherdog Staff Yamma Pit Fighting disclosed details Tuesday of the "Yamma" fighting surface to be used for the promotion's debut show April 11 in Atlantic City, N.J.

"The Yamma is a circular pit, shaped almost like a bowl, with a circular flat bottom that rises up around the edge," the promotion explained in a news release. "In this ring, if a fighter is pushed backwards towards the fence, he moves up the lip, gaining both a height and leverage advantage over his opponent. From this position, the fighter on the lip can use gravity and leverage to reverse his opponent and take the fight back into the center without a break in the action."

The last several weeks had brought much speculation regarding the surface.

"Some people thought it would have a moving floor, spikes or even live alligators," said Yamma Pit Fighting's Bob Meyrowitz. "But the Yamma isn't about flashy gimmicks; it's about the evolution of a sport and how the traditional ring can be altered to accelerate that evolution. At its core, the purpose of the Yamma is to make MMA fighting more exciting for those who matter most -- the fans."

Yamma Pit Fighting also announced that Mark Kerr (Pictures) will fight Oleg Taktarov at the event. "The Smashing Machine" fought Friday in Oklahoma, where he defeated Chuck Huus with a keylock in the first round.

Ricco Rodriguez (Pictures), who's coming off a split-decision loss to Antonio Silva in February, has been added to the heavyweight tournament.

The main event pits Eric "Butterbean" Esch versus 42-year-old veteran Gary Goodridge (Pictures). Fighting this past weekend in Seoul, South Korea, Goodridge was knocked out in the second round by Mu Bae Choi (Pictures).

Full card:

"Master's Superfights" (two five-minute rounds)
Oleg Taktarov vs. Mark Kerr (Pictures)
Eric Esch (Pictures) vs. Gary Goodridge (Pictures)

Heavyweight Tournament (one five-minute round; championship is three five-minute Rounds)

Marcelo Pereira
Sherman Pendergarst
Ricco Rodriguez (Pictures)
Tony Sylvester
Chris Tuscherer
Travis Wiuff (Pictures)
Alexey Oleynik
George Bush (Pictures)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:cheers: Happy B-day, I've got a present for you which you'll see soon. Also, I'll be sending you a $50 check so that you can send me some supplements. I trust you. ;) :lol: You're ridiculously old to be getting your teeth pulled. I didn't think it was bad at all, but it varies. Channel Efed and remain stoic or channel MJ and remain comfortably numb.

Edit: <---- Happy B-day, I hope it "rocks hard".
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm definitely old to be getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I've had them since I was 12 or so and they fit fine, but they get cavities easily, so the dentist recommended I have em yanked to prevent annoyances down the road.

I hate to admit it, but I'm a little interested in this Yamma event. Both superfights should be entertaining and the tourny got much better with Ricco being involved. Flame away.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
YAMMA

Same guy that started the original UFC. His Floor of his "cage" is hard. No mat.

I hope he ****ing dies.
omg I saw butterbean as soon as I went to the link & laughed inside. I haven't been following mma or boxing for a long time, has he been a fighter (non boxer) for long?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
omg I saw butterbean as soon as I went to the link & laughed inside. I haven't been following mma or boxing for a long time, has he been a fighter (non boxer) for long?
He's been fighting MMA for 4-5 years. He seems to be getting better, but his ground game pretty much blows. Obviously he hits really hard and is dangerous to anyone when it comes to striking.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Wait, Pat Smith is fighting Butterbean? Butterbean is hilarious. The Yamma pit is gonna be interesting.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kerr/Taktarov is a great fight...for 1998. Still want to see Kerr win a decent fight, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kerr/Taktarov is a great fight...for 1998. Still want to see Kerr win a decent fight, though.
I certainly wouldn't pay a dime to watch this card, but Kerr/Taktarov definitely has some nostalgic value. Taktarov by russianess and kneebar.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I certainly wouldn't pay a dime to watch this card, but Kerr/Taktarov definitely has some nostalgic value. Taktarov by russianess and kneebar.
The card has been underwhelming. But you certainly called the Kerr/Taktarov fight. Now gimme the picsk for UFC so I can make some bets, LOL.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't seen Kerr since he was "on." Big difference in body composition.

Butter Bean... hmmmm.... does he really win fights?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kerr has looked like that for probably 4 years.

Bean has beaten a few decent fighters, but yeah, he blows. He looks to be getting even fatter. Once on the ground he just has no hope of getting up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kerr has looked like that for probably 4 years.

Bean has beaten a few decent fighters, but yeah, he blows. He looks to be getting even fatter. Once on the ground he just has no hope of getting up.
Oleg's an animal. Yeah, Kerr looked sloppy even in his big return against Yamamoto where he ko'ed himself.

Bean's beat some good fighters like JT :think: Pat Smith is the real deal :blink: Well, he looked decent there. How about Pat vs. Maurice Smith (did they fight already?)?