J.Z. Calvan vs. Shinya Aoki

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Black Mamba

Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Luis Buscape

Koutetsu Boku vs. Joachim Hansen

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
JZ-Aoki should be great, but it's weird to have it first round.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I was feeling this same sentiment.
I guess they need some big fights to show that they're for real with it being their first show under the new name. It should be interesting anyway.

I'm hoping they'll pair Kharitonov with CC. 3 losses in a row would be brutal for the cop, though.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I guess they need some big fights to show that they're for real with it being their first show under the new name. It should be interesting anyway.

I'm hoping they'll pair Kharitonov with CC. 3 losses in a row would be brutal for the cop, though.
Suicide material even.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Suicide material even.

You're pretty connected to the American MMA scene. How much do you like the Japanese orgs and former orgs like Pride and K-1 Heros and now Dream (guess we don't know much about Dream yet though)?

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You're pretty connected to the American MMA scene. How much do you like the Japanese orgs and former orgs like Pride and K-1 Heros and now Dream (guess we don't know much about Dream yet though)?
A great deal... they always give us fights we want to see.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Andre Dida vs Eddie Alvarez has been announced as a tourny bout.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
CC to face Mizuno - complete can.

After much speculation, Fight Entertainment Group has announced that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (Pictures) will take on Pancrase regular Tatsuya Mizuno (Pictures) on the March 15 Dream card at Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

Mizuno carries a 4-2 professional record contested entirely in Pancrase. His two most noteworthy opponents, Thiago Silva (Pictures) and Assuerio Silva (Pictures), dominated him in brutal fashion. However, the Japanese fighter has since picked up two wins, stopping Masayuki Kono (Pictures) in the first round in November and submitting Dave Frendin last month in Australia.

Filipovic had been rumored to be facing a wide cast of fighters, ranging from K-1 standout "Mighty Mo" Siala Siliga (Pictures) to South Korean Dong Sik Yoon (Pictures). Last week, "Cro Cop" revealed on his personal blog that he expected to face Yoshihiro Nakao (Pictures). He has not competed since last September, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Cheick Kongo (Pictures).