UFC 85 Rumors - Swick vs. Davis added

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Chuck Liddell (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Brandon Vera
-Marcus Davis (#10 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Swick (according to mmamania.com
-Brock Lesnar vs. McCulley

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's looking good so far. Anyone taking Shogun over Chuck?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahem...Chute Boxe lives on through Shogun and Wand.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't even know what that means entirely, but I love Shogoon and Wand, but I think Chuck is a tough style match-up for Shogoon. I hope I'm wrong though. Heeeyyy heeeeeeeyyyy!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even know what that means entirely, but I love Shogoon and Wand, but I think Chuck is a tough style match-up for Shogoon. I hope I'm wrong though. Heeeyyy heeeeeeeyyyy!
Assuming Mauricio isn't hurt, he will outwork Chuck. The pace against Wand wasn't that blistering and he was starting to gas out.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I still say Chuck KOs him, but we'll see.

How about Werdum-Vera? That's a good one.

I'll take Davis by KO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I still say Chuck KOs him, but we'll see.

How about Werdum-Vera? That's a good one.

I'll take Davis by KO.
Nice av, I see Buddy's menacing ass in the mirror. I think Chuck will KO him too, but I hope Rodja's right, and that is obviously very possible. I wonder how much better Werdum's stand-up is getting with CB? I'll take Werdum by decision.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
i have to take my boy swick!

shoggan is going to kill chuck

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Werdum can hang with Vera in the standup, but Werdum has the ability to grind out a decision for sure. Not sure which way I'll go.

I hope Shogun pulls it off too.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have to take my boy swick!

shoggan is going to kill chuck
Shogas will continue to be exposed by UFC fighters and I cant wait. He cant use his roids or his low class street thuggish stomps in the UFC so I doubt he will ever get another win.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shogas will continue to be exposed by UFC fighters and I cant wait. He cant use his roids or his low class street thuggish stomps in the UFC so I doubt he will ever get another win.
You get the all forum hater of the year award :cheers:

But I can't say anything, the roidless Cro Cop experience still gets me to shut up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Norris, soccer kicks/stomps are the sh*t, how could you not like them? Do you hate entertainment? Do you hate living?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
If Norris hated living, he seems like the type of person that would immediately off himself (and maybe take a few with him).

BTW, I may off myself if the rumors of Semtex's retirement are true. :wtf:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Norris hated living, he seems like the type of person that would immediately off himself (and maybe take a few with him).

That's how I felt when I found out that Genki was retiring; it has been a long 15 months for me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

haha, he would definitely take a few people with him. Are you serious about Semtex? Why would he retire?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There's a thread on Sherdog and it's directly from his mouth. No word on why yet. He'll still fight on March 29th.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There's a thread on Sherdog and it's directly from his mouth. No word on why yet. He'll still fight on March 29th.
I think he's just fvcking around. No way he's retiring. I give him about a week to say "just fvckin with you bruv, me retiring, aint gonna happen."

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have always thought of stomps as an unskilled and low class strike equal to a kick to the bean bag. Every time I see a stomp I think of low class American History X **** and I don't like fighters that often utilize the tactic.

I don't know why that makes me not enjoy life or entertainment. But you are all right If I was going to end it all it would be fun to take a few Jihadists or Hippies with me. I could see myself crashing a stolen plane into a crowd of hippies when I'm 95 and have nothing to live for any more. I would of course have a cigar in my mouth and be laughing manically at the same time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I have always thought of stomps as an unskilled and low class strike equal to a kick to the bean bag. Every time I see a stomp I think of low class American History X **** and I don't like fighters that often utilize the tactic.

I don't know why that makes me not enjoy life or entertainment. But you are all right If I was going to end it all it would be fun to take a few Jihadists or Hippies with me. I could see myself crashing a stolen plane into a crowd of hippies when I'm 95 and have nothing to live for any more. I would of course have a cigar in my mouth and be laughing manically at the same time.
I think punching people in the face is low class? It makes you not enjoy entertainment because it's exciting as hell and you don't like it. The not enjoying life thing stems from your pissed off attitude. For the record, I have a similar attitude.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think punching people in the face is low class? It makes you not enjoy entertainment because it's exciting as hell and you don't like it. The not enjoying life thing stems from your pissed off attitude. For the record, I have a similar attitude.
I am rarely pissed off unless I am talking to a hippy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. You seem pissed often, and most of the time for good reason, people say and do some annoying sh*t. Maybe pissed is the wrong word, irritable might be better. I'm the same way, I hold back a lot in this place.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Like the type that smokes it up every morning?
You were never a stoner? Did you smoke and feel like you were going to die or something? Sh*t sucks and is a waste, just asking.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I could care less who smokes pot, its these kind of hippies that piss me off.

I see freakshows like that all the time. I've worked in D.C. most of my adult life. The best is the scary old man that is protesting pervert priests, and he seems like he is one.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see freakshows like that all the time. I've worked in D.C. most of my adult life. The best is the scary old man that is protesting pervert priests, and he seems like he is one.
Yeah its gonna be nuts with the GOP convention about 20 minutes away from my house this summer. Its going to be very tempting to fill up some feces, battery acid and paint filled balloons to throw at the protesting hippies.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its gonna be nuts with the GOP convention about 20 minutes away from my house this summer. Its going to be very tempting to fill up some feces, battery acid and paint filled balloons to throw at the protesting hippies.
Those people are so fun to fvck with, they're so nuts. I'm pretty sure the cops will give you high five's for fvcking with them, so no worries there.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
what the hell is with you! get off the hippy tirade, I for one dont think its funny. you sound like a nazzi. hate is a sharp sword i hope you know how to handle it!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You were never a stoner? Did you smoke and feel like you were going to die or something? Sh*t sucks and is a waste, just asking.
No, never. I was probably a borderline alcoholic for most of my college years and first year in grad school so I figured one vice was enough. All of my friends did it and a few constantly, but I had no desire to be like those who were regulars. I guess it never really appealed to me.

I'm much more drawn to stims. I was an ephedrine junky from 21-23, pretty much 3-6 days per week for that entire time.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Liddell (Pictures) has fallen off UFC's June 7 card in London, England, due to a badly torn hamstring, Sherdog.com confirmed Monday.

The 38-year-old Liddell (21-5) was set to fight Rashad Evans (Pictures), himself a replacement for Mauricio Rua (Pictures), at O2 Arena in the main event of UFC 85.

Multiple sources tell Sherdog.com that Sacramento, Calif.-based light heavyweight James Irvin (Pictures) could be the man to fill Liddell's large shoes, though the bout with Evans (11-0-1) has not been filled at this point.

Irvin (14-4-1) would make a quick turnaround following an eight-second knockout of Houston Alexander (Pictures) on April 2.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Liddell (Pictures) has fallen off UFC's June 7 card in London, England, due to a badly torn hamstring, Sherdog.com confirmed Monday.

The 38-year-old Liddell (21-5) was set to fight Rashad Evans (Pictures), himself a replacement for Mauricio Rua (Pictures), at O2 Arena in the main event of UFC 85.

Multiple sources tell Sherdog.com that Sacramento, Calif.-based light heavyweight James Irvin (Pictures) could be the man to fill Liddell's large shoes, though the bout with Evans (11-0-1) has not been filled at this point.

Irvin (14-4-1) would make a quick turnaround following an eight-second knockout of Houston Alexander (Pictures) on April 2.
It would be nice to see Irvin KTFO Rashad, but its not likely.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TheMouth MMA 11
TheMouth MMA 41
TheMouth MMA 31
jas123 MMA 46