Mma Training

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
woo i start my first training session this saturday super excited!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I hope you get KO'd:lol:
thats pleasing to know. haha. yeah im pretty excited i have been a wrestler for some time now and have gotten pretty good at it and took a korean form of martial arts called kyuki do. just wanting to try something new and fun

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
thats pleasing to know. haha. yeah im pretty excited i have been a wrestler for some time now and have gotten pretty good at it and took a korean form of martial arts called kyuki do. just wanting to try something new and fun
I was just kidding. I was about to wish you good luck. I'm sure you'll love it. And you're 18-19 and already have a wrestling base, you've got a head start on a lot of people. Have fun buddy.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I was just kidding. I was about to wish you good luck. I'm sure you'll love it. And you're 18-19 and already have a wrestling base, you've got a head start on a lot of people. Have fun buddy.
ha i know. ive heard your a comedian type on the boards. its better that way then just reading good luck or cool all the time.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, tap early or your arm will be broken quickly or, even worse, you'll go out and possibly sh!t yourself.
haha sounds like loads of fun. im about to start juijitsu ( spelling may be off) too hopefully. just looking to widen my arsenal of techniques. we have an awesome gym about 45 minutes away from me for mma called gerrara house of warriors that travels around and thats who im looking to do it through

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha sounds like loads of fun. im about to start juijitsu ( spelling may be off) too hopefully. just looking to widen my arsenal of techniques. we have an awesome gym about 45 minutes away from me for mma called gerrara house of warriors that travels around and thats who im looking to do it through
Where are you at in TX?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
how often is he expecting you to be there? schedule is very tight right now with school/track/powerlifting

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how often is he expecting you to be there? schedule is very tight right now with school/track/powerlifting
What do you mean by expect to be there? You should try to make it 3x/wk for 60-90 mins a session. You may also need to reduce your training volume if you start to train seriously.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by expect to be there? You should try to make it 3x/wk for 60-90 mins a session. You may also need to reduce your training volume if you start to train seriously.
yeah that answers my question. i didnt know how to phrase it haha. as of right now im doing it just to learn nothing serious because i just cant afford it right now time or money wise. but i will definetly look into him. thanks for the help man. rep pts

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
ha i know. ive heard your a comedian type on the boards. its better that way then just reading good luck or cool all the time.
Oh I'm fvckin hilarious. You'll soon learn that I'm kind of like the Dave Chappelle around here. Theirs a guy named Jas that is a lot like Carrot Top, he bombs on jokes like its his job.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Oh I'm fvckin hilarious. You'll soon learn that I'm kind of like the Dave Chappelle around here. Theirs a guy named Jas that is a lot like Carrot Top, he bombs on jokes like its his job.
haha nice

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh I'm ****in hilarious. You'll soon learn that I'm kind of like the Dave Chappelle around here. Theirs a guy named Jas that is a lot like Carrot Top, he bombs on jokes like its his job.
Chappelle? Only when he was in half-baked. I'd say more like Jeff Foxworthy. You've hiroshima'd more than Poly.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Chappelle? Only when he was in half-baked. I'd say more like Jeff Foxworthy. You've hiroshima'd more than Poly.
But yet you steal my jokes, like hiroshima'ing. All kidding aside please don't compare me to Poly, their is no bomb to depict the horribleness of his jokes. No more using "studio lifter" on your mentor either. Seriously though, I know I blow, but Poly?

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
i dont tap. at least with freestyle & grecko roman & kyuki do. muahahaha
I tap and it doesn't bother me. My teacher said to me, "If you don't tap, it'll tear your bicep". Also leave your ego at the door, cause at my gym they tend to make an example of all the new people in the 1st 2 weeks or so to see if your serious about it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I tap and it doesn't bother me. My teacher said to me, "If you don't tap, it'll tear your bicep". Also leave your ego at the door, cause at my gym they tend to make an example of all the new people in the 1st 2 weeks or so to see if your serious about it.
yeah def be tappin when its needed at the extreme then

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
But yet you steal my jokes, like hiroshima'ing. All kidding aside please don't compare me to Poly, their is no bomb to depict the horribleness of his jokes. No more using "studio lifter" on your mentor either. Seriously though, I know I blow, but Poly?
Yes, stop getting your jokes from his sig and you'll stop Nagasaki'ing (registered trademark of jas123 :lol:).

Texas, forget these pvssies. Don't tap seriously, that's the vag way out. Do you think Don Frye taps in practice? Um no. Establish yourself as the alpha immediately. :twisted: Oh, also try the Thack-Attack's :blink: workout.