Belfort coming back to UFC?

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Belfort soon to return
‘I’m out of Cage Rage’

Vitor Belfort’s next step in MMA is very close to being announced. The Carlson Gracie black belt, who fought twice in 2007, both times at Cage Rage, won both and became the light heavyweight belt holder of the English organization. In 2008, however, Vitor already announced that he has made big plans and wants to return to the top of the MMA world.

Recently the Carioca commented that he was negotiating his return to the UFC, so GRACIEMAG.com went after the “Phenom” for clarification of the facts.

“I’m still negotiating; I haven’t signed anything, that is why I can’t provide any news. There is the possibility of a return to the UFC, which I would like a lot, but there are also other big events that want me, so we’ll see. I’m out of Cage Rage, they were irresponsible and didn’t value me, I’m the champion of the category and they didn’t even give me a belt,” said Belfort.

When queried about training, team and his new gig as commentator on Premiere Combate channel, Vitor said: “I’m doing some training with Distak, who is my coach at Minotauro’s new gym. I’m a very close friend of the Nogueira brothers and they always leave the doors open for me, and whenever they need I am there for them as well. As soon as Minotauro returns from his trip we will talk about this team deal. On working as a commentator, I’m stoked, it’s very fun and the guys there are helping me a lot, it’s great."

Belfort soon to return