Kimbo vs. Tank Vid

Dietfreak

Awards
Just add .com on the end - I can't post links yet.

mmafightvideos.blogspot

tattoopierced1

when are they actually going to give Kimbo a real opponent. I'd love to see him go up against a decent heavyweight instead of them just hyping him up. I think he'd be great, but he really hasnt had a challenge yet. Maybe UFC wont re-sign Tim Sylvia and we can see Tim vs. Kimbo.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
He's has 2 MMA fights so far, who do you want him to face? Maybe Brett Rogers or something, but I'd hate for his career to get to rushed (like Brock's).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's has 2 MMA fights so far, who do you want him to face? Maybe Brett Rogers or something, but I'd hate for his career to get to rushed (like Brock's).
Brock wasn't rushed, he just has ZERO sub game. His ammy wrestling is enough to thrust him into high level competition.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, I believe Brock did have a fighting chance to win, and its questionable whether he actually could have if it weren't for that awful call.

But Kimbo isn't on Brock's "newbie" level. Being on the ground isn't like being on a foreign planet for Brock like it would be with Kimbo. Kimbo might be like a turtle on his back at this current time, so I think its fair to let him get more "MMA" fight experience.

I don't know whats with people demanding Kimbo to fight Fedor by next Tuesday. As I've said before, Kimbo is a certified and proven brawler, but a baby to MMA.

With that said, I think Kimbo has great MMA potential because he's so damn hungry and is equipped with a lot of natural talent and instinct.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Elite XC won't throw their money maker to the wolves anytime soon. He puts asses in seats and makes them too much money ATM. Evetnually he'll be given some tough comp where he will most likely be shown some good technique and lose. Just my opinion.

Dietfreak

Awards
Kimbo vs. Mirko would be nice to see it would be a make or break for both fighters. It could either make Kimbo or break Mirko.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Elite XC won't throw their money maker to the wolves anytime soon. He puts asses in seats and makes them too much money ATM. Evetnually he'll be given some tough comp where he will most likely be shown some good technique and lose. Just my opinion.
Yup.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kimbo vs. Mirko would be nice to see it would be a make or break for both fighters. It could either make Kimbo or break Mirko.
#1. Mirko is already slightly broken, and #2, like you mentioned earlier, Kimbo is too precious of a financial commodity to be breaking anything.

Whats with everybody short changing Kimbo? He's an MMA newb with a winning record, give him some experience to gather some "real" skill before putting his "skill" to the test, Oi!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
#1. Mirko is already slightly broken, and #2, like you mentioned earlier, Kimbo is too precious of a financial commodity to be breaking anything.

Whats with everybody short changing Kimbo? He's an MMA newb with a winning record, give him some experience to gather some "real" skill before putting his "skill" to the test, Oi!!
I think the better question is, what is up with everybody acting like Kimbo might be a top fighter? He's fought nothing but bums, he's proven nothing. I like the guy, he has potential, but let's see him do something first. Plenty of guys can hit hard, albeit he hits real fvcking hard, lets see what else he has to offer. So what if he trains with Bas, he's just a slap fighter anyways:twisted:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the better question is, what is up with everybody acting like Kimbo might be a top fighter? He's fought nothing but bums, he's proven nothing. I like the guy, he has potential, but let's see him do something first. Plenty of guys can hit hard, albeit he hits real fvcking hard, lets see what else he has to offer. So what if he trains with Bas, he's just a slap fighter anyways:twisted:
I agree on both points. I don't think he's anywhere near or ready to be crowned the next black Fedor or anything (obviously he'll never be a fedor, but I'm just say'n), but he deserves a chance like everybody else to prove himself through experience. The only two people I've ever heard him call out was Tank and Mike Tyson (at Tyson's current stage I think Kimbo would win). I don't think I've ever heard him saying anything outlandish that deserves everyone wanting him to finally "prove" himself against an experienced, top tier MMA fighter. He's still new, it's not like he's sitting on a throne ducking people.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I even heard one of our loyal MMA forum partons can outpunch Henderson, but that doesn't mean he's quite ready for the big time. :twisted: I'm also not convinced that Kimbo isn't just a "gay Mr. T". :twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I even heard one of our loyal MMA forum partons can outpunch Henderson, but that doesn't mean he's quite ready for the big time. :twisted: I'm also not convinced that Kimbo isn't just a "gay Mr. T". :twisted:
Luckily for you SWG only comes in here once a month. I don't know what was funnier about that, the fact that he believed that, or Mullet's research on those machines, jesus, Mullitanica never stops. I don't think it has much to do with punching power, but have you ever seen SWG's reach? He looks like he's about 6'2", with a 82" reach, friggin knuckledragger.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I agree on both points. I don't think he's anywhere near or ready to be crowned the next black Fedor or anything (obviously he'll never be a fedor, but I'm just say'n), but he deserves a chance like everybody else to prove himself through experience. The only two people I've ever heard him call out was Tank and Mike Tyson (at Tyson's current stage I think Kimbo would win). I don't think I've ever heard him saying anything outlandish that deserves everyone wanting him to finally "prove" himself against an experienced, top tier MMA fighter. He's still new, it's not like he's sitting on a throne ducking people.
I agree. Every time Tyson is brought up I just want to cry. What he could've been and what he turned out to be, breaks my heart. He is a cool guy nowadays though, he has come a long way, he's still a little crazy, but overall he's definitely more reasonable than your average joe.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Luckily for you SWG only comes in here once a month. I don't know what was funnier about that, the fact that he believed that, or Mullet's research on those machines, jesus, Mullitanica never stops. I don't think it has much to do with punching power, but have you ever seen SWG's reach? He looks like he's about 6'2", with a 82" reach, friggin knuckledragger.
Haha, never noticed that. Mullet did display the full power of his Britannica arsenal on that one.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What's up with the deadlift? Should've hit it again by now, any PR's?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 3
xigotmailx MMA 9
VolcomX311 MMA 9
VolcomX311 MMA 118
TheMouth MMA 6