Mazzagatti possibly changes the outcome of another fight.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I guess you can call timeouts when you need to recover.. i mean put your mouth guard in.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established

I guess you can call timeouts when you need to recover.. i mean put your mouth guard in.
No. That was a legit request by Varner. Should have been seen by mazz and picked up previously. Look up the unified rules about that if you dont believe me.

Dozi

Awards
I have seen other refs call a time out when they NOTICE a fighter does not have their mouthpiece in, did exactly what Steve did....timed out, washed off the mouthpiece, put back in and continue fighting.

I mean atleast be somewhat humaine about it, a shot to the mouth WITHOUT a mouthpiece could shatter teeth, destroy gums, etc....not saying this hasn't happened in the past but, when the ref sees their mouthpiece out, they are allowe to stop the fight and have the fighter put it back in.

The sport doesn't need anymore unwanted negative attention if a serious injury was caused by something like this, and the fighter was not allowed to put his protection back in.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand you need a mouthguard but no doubt him taking his sweet time allowed him to recover. He was hurt bad right before that time out. It could not have been worse timing for Rob or better for Jamie.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I agree that it wasn't handled well, but Razor Rob looked like absolute sh1t last night (except that one punch and getting up from TD's). He was flat-footed, lethargic, and off balance.