Wec Prelim Results --- Spoiler

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
From MMAWeekly.com

PRELIMINARY BOUTS:

-Micah Miller vs. Chance Farrar
R1 – The first round starts off in a feeling out process, with Farrar landing a couple of good body kicks about a minute into the round. Then suddenly, at about a minute-and-a-half into the round, Miller drops Farrar with a straight right, follows him to the mat and lands a couple more to finish the fight by TKO.

Micah Miller def. Chance Farrar by KO (Punch) at 1:39, R1

-Yoshiro Maeda Vs. Charlie Valencia
R1 – Valencia starts things off with a solid body kick before they clinch along the cage, trading knees. Valencia spends the next couple of minutes edging ahead with some hard punch combinations before eating a kick to the body that drops him to the mat and out of the fight, earning Maeda the win.

Yoshiro Maeda def. Charlie Valencia by TKO (Body Kick) at 2:29, R1

-Scott Jorgensen vs. Damacio Page
R1 – Page starts out with some strong punching and drops Jorgensen with a body kick, but ends up in his guard before scrambling back to the feet. Jorgensen briefly fires back with his own combinations, but Page appears to be throwing harder and landing more. Page jumps to Jorgensen’s back, but they end up in a scramble on the ground and then Jorgensen starting to ground and pound from Page’s guard. They scramble out into an awkward north-south position with neither fighter gaining much advantage as the round closes out.
MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Page.

R2 – They start out the round in a clinch, Jorgensen edging ahead with strong knees to the body and a forearm to the head, before Page starts to fire back. They clinch and Page takes Jorgensen down and lands in his half guard, works to the back, but loses the position and gets takend down himself. Jorgensen spends the next minute grounding and pounding before Page makes a move for an unsuccessful kneebar. Jorgensen spends the last 45 seconds of the round grounding and pounding, securing the second round to his favor.
MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Jorgensen.

R3 – Jorgensen kicks of the round with a strong double-leg takedown. Page muscles his way up, but gets put back on the mat with Jorgensen in side control. Jorgensen goes for the back, but Page reverses into his guard. Page starts dropping some heavy forearms as Jorgensen searches for the armbar. Page keeps Jorgensen pinned to the fence dropping forearms, eluding a brief triangle attempt, before finishing with a strong barrage near the end of the round.
MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Page and the bout 29-28 for Page.

Damacio Page def. Scott Jorgensen by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27), R3

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
-Del Hawkins vs. Coty "Ox" Wheeler
R1 – Wheeler catches a kick and takes Hawkins down, but he pops back up quickly, then lands some damaging punches to Wheeler, the hometown favorite. They trade a few blows, then Wheeler wrestles Hawkins down and lands in Hawkins’ half guard. Wheeler stands up and goes for a kneebar, Hawkins defends, but eats a hard right to the face. Hawkins starts to reverse and Wheeler nearly misses with another submission attempt. Wheeler keeps working for a kneebar or ankle lock, but gets reversed by Hawkins, who moves to the top working from half guard. Wheeler then reverses. They finish the round in a scramble and Wheeler going for another submission.
MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Wheeler.

R2 – Round two starts with some solid exchanges before Wheeler suplexes Hawkins. Wheler dives onto Hawkins from standing in his guard nearly securing a guillotine. They scramble and Wheeler secures an armbar that has Hawkins tapping out and the growing hometown crowd ecstatic.

Coty “Ox” Wheeler def. Del Hawkins by Submission (Armbar) at 1:57, R2

-Josh Grispi vs. Mark Hominick
R1 – After a brief chase scene to open the fight, Grispi started scoring with various kicks and punches, but didn’t do much damage until about a minute-and-a-half into the round, connecting on a couple strong punches. That only seemed to awaken Hominick, who then started firing back with numerous punch combinations. Grispi, initially going after the takedown, wound up on Hominick’s back with the Canadian standing and falling to his back with a rear naked choke attached a la Matt Hughes scoring the infamous choke out of Frank Trigg.

Josh Grispi def. Mark Hominick by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:55, R1

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
-Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Leonard Garcia
R1 – Both fighters trade through the opening moments, scoring with leg kicks, but then Garcia lands with a hard body kick and a left-right combination that put Takaya on his back. The ref then stepped in to stop the bout.

Leonard Garcia def. Hiroyuki Takaya by KO (Punches) at 1:31, R1

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've been hearing about him from the Lauzon brothers and Chris Palmquist for the last year/.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Like clockwork, I knew that was coming. I hope they show that fight tonight. I've never seen Grispi fight.
:D I knew a comment about my comment was on its way :whip:

Seriously, there is a ton of talent around here, especially at 145. Grispi is probably the best, though he still needs to avenge a loss to Henrique Bicalho, who should be making his way up soon. Bicalho has sick BJJ, he's strong, and he has lead fists. If it isn't already, Boston will soon be one of the centers of MMA.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
:D I knew a comment about my comment was on its way :whip:

Seriously, there is a ton of talent around here, especially at 145. Grispi is probably the best, though he still needs to avenge a loss to Henrique Bicalho, who should be making his way up soon. Bicalho has sick BJJ, he's strong, and he has lead fists. If it isn't already, Boston will soon be one of the centers of MMA.
They are trying to legalize in MA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 8
VolcomX311 MMA 46
Jessep76 MMA 50
MMA 1
Jessep76 MMA 3