Narcus Hicks vs Ed Ratcliff
Nissen "PimpZilla" Osterneck vs Bryan Baker

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not a rumor. they are going to fight, that is the card.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
Why Filho v. Sonnen again? Filho took a beating for a while, but Sonnen tapped and had he not, he'd have a broken arm?

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why Filho v. Sonnen again? Filho took a beating for a while, but Sonnen tapped and had he not, he'd have a broken arm?
I agree but some think the fight ended amidst some controversy, though I feel it was largely and solely create by Chael.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Chael was crushing filho on the feet. Dont know why he decided to take him down.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he had that fight won, big mistake. Filho has looked like hell in the WEC.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I think I agree with hendersons opinion as to why filho has looked so horrible.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I bet Filho will do a better job cutting the weight this time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
A reminder that this is on tomorrow night. Filho pulled out and Sonnen will fight Bryan Baker. Who are you guys taking in the LHW championship fight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh cool. Bryan Baker for Filho is an even trade.

Stann FTW. I'll be offing myself now for using FTW.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
After being mildly dissapointed about not getting to see the non-ranked Chanel kick the #2 guys' again, I was happy to brouse the card and see stann, larson and hicks on the tv card. Baker is a good replacment, too.

Dont forget, its tonight guys!!! :D

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I think 8 PM and its on Versus.

And Holy hell has this card changed.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody mention this upcoming June card yet? I've been away for a few days.

Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver WEC fight confirmed for June 1 at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver WEC fight confirmed for June 1
By: Chris Cosme

wec pulver vs faberThe wait is over as the WEC finally confirmed the date for arguably its biggest fight ever.

Urijah “The California Kid” Faber (20-1-0) will defend his featherweight title against MMA legend and former UFC lightweight champion, Jens “Little Evil” Pulver (22-8-1), at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif., on June 1.

Although Faber is regarded as one of the top 145-pounders in the world, Pulver is undefeated in the division (8-0), submitting Cub Swanson in 31 seconds during his WEC debut back in December 2007.

Miguel Torres (33-1-0), fresh off a dominating performance against Chase Beebe to earn the 135-pound strap, will be on the card as well. He will make his first WEC bantamweight title defense against Mexican slugger Manny Tapia (10-0-1), who is coming off a split decision victory over Antonio Banuelos at WEC 32.

WEC 34: “Faber vs. Pulver” will air at 9 p.m. ET on Versus.

This should be one the biggest nights in the short history of the WEC, and it’s even a bigger plus for it to take place live on Versus. It’s hard to beat watching an MMA legend go against the future of the sport on free TV, right?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to Pulver/Faber. My money is on Faber, but I hope Jens KO's him. I'm sure it'll be exciting either way.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sonnen is a machine. Stann hits like a truck. I'd like to see him go to the UFC. I think he needs to work on his movement, and I don't think currently he could hang with the top LHW's in the UFC, but WEC has nobody for him.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stann is a monster. All American white boy marine with a gun shop as a sponsor, it doesnt get any better than that. All aboard the Stannwagon!

Mohawk douche boy nearly got KO'd and choked out. Looked like a total douche and backed up his complete douche haircut with a douche-like performance.

9mm thug boy hood rat 2-pac got completely owned. Must have been smoking crack with his homies before the fight. 9mm WTF is that, get your thug ass out of MMA for good.

Sonnen dominated and even though I thought he was a ***** for whining about the ref saving his arm, he was very humble after the fight. I still hope Sonnen gets owned again by Filho for being such a crybaby and making a controversy out of a perfect stoppage.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
After all the sh!t that Filho's done, you think Sonnen is the bitcch out of that pair?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Stann is a monster. All American white boy marine with a gun shop as a sponsor, it doesnt get any better than that. All aboard the Stannwagon!

Mohawk douche boy nearly got KO'd and choked out. Looked like a total douche and backed up his complete douche haircut with a douche-like performance.

9mm thug boy hood rat 2-pac got completely owned. Must have been smoking crack with his homies before the fight. 9mm WTF is that, get your thug ass out of MMA for good.

Sonnen dominated and even though I thought he was a ***** for whining about the ref saving his arm, he was very humble after the fight. I still hope Sonnen gets owned again by Filho for being such a crybaby and making a controversy out of a perfect stoppage.
Stann is kind of annoying with his military sh*t, how many times do I have to hear it. It's a form of bragging in my book. That's great what he's doing and all, but I don't need to hear about it constantly.

9mm is just a stupid nickname, whats your beef with the dude? You sweat Stann for having a gun shop as a sponsor, but you can't stand the nickname 9mm?

If you think Filho owned Sonnen you are completely out of your mind. That's like saying Nog owned Sylvia, sure he won the fight but no way in hell did he own him. Owning is what Fedor did to Nog or GSP did to Trigg.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stann is kind of annoying with his military sh*t, how many times do I have to hear it. It's a form of bragging in my book. That's great what he's doing and all, but I don't need to hear about it constantly.

9mm is just a stupid nickname, whats your beef with the dude? You sweat Stann for having a gun shop as a sponsor, but you can't stand the nickname 9mm?

If you think Filho owned Sonnen you are completely out of your mind. That's like saying Nog owned Sylvia, sure he won the fight but no way in hell did he own him. Owning is what Fedor did to Nog or GSP did to Trigg.
OK hippy we now see you hate the military, don't take it out on the Stann. Being part of the military defines who he is, why should he hide it. Have you ever stepped into a job site where you could lose your life at any moment and you trust your life to your co-workers? Have you ever left for work not knowing if you would come home? The military shares a bond with each other that we can not even begin to comprehend. Fighters come in and brag about their training camps and team members, who the **** are we to judge Stann and his team members which share a bond beyond what any MMA team or camp could ever create or begin to understand.

There is a difference between sticking up for your 2nd amendment rights and glorifying gang violence with a thuggish rapper nick name. The guy was clearly a no good street thug that thinks 9mm is cool cause 2-pac raps about them. There is not widespread gang violence or rampant gun crimes happening in the white midwest community but in the black urban community its an epidemic. There is a huge difference between a black man calling himself 9mm to hear his nickname on TV and glorify gun crimes and gang violence and a marine having a law-abiding gun shop logo on his hat.

LOL, Sonnen nearly got his arm torn off. He got owned because he lost. Of course he was dominating the fight but that was as decisive of a decision as it gets. A WWE fan could tell he was completely dominating Filho. For Sonnen to cry about that stoppage when the ref saved him from elbow damage is pathetic. He got owned. He was completely stupid and went to the ground when he was dominating on his feet and Filho subb'd his ass bad and owned him.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After all the sh!t that Filho's done, you think Sonnen is the bitcch out of that pair?
Filho is suffering from chemical dependancy caused by a physical depression. How does that make him a *****? He isnt making excuses, he is suffering from a disease millions of pople in the US go through ever year.

Sonnen cried about a good stoppage that saved his arm from serious damage.

How the **** do you compare a fighters personal and medical issues to another fighters low class in the ring antics?

Sonnen is the ***** of the two and always will be.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
OK hippy we now see you hate the military, don't take it out on the Stann. Being part of the military defines who he is, why should he hide it. Have you ever stepped into a job site where you could lose your life at any moment and you trust your life to your co-workers? Have you ever left for work not knowing if you would come home? The military shares a bond with each other that we can not even begin to comprehend. Fighters come in and brag about their training camps and team members, who the **** are we to judge Stann and his team members which share a bond beyond what any MMA team or camp could ever create or begin to understand.

There is a difference between sticking up for your 2nd amendment rights and glorifying gang violence with a thuggish rapper nick name. The guy was clearly a no good street thug that thinks 9mm is cool cause 2-pac raps about them. There is not widespread gang violence or rampant gun crimes happening in the white midwest community but in the black urban community its an epidemic. There is a huge difference between a black man calling himself 9mm to hear his nickname on TV and glorify gun crimes and gang violence and a marine having a law-abiding gun shop logo on his hat.

LOL, Sonnen nearly got his arm torn off. He got owned because he lost. Of course he was dominating the fight but that was as decisive of a decision as it gets. A WWE fan could tell he was completely dominating Filho. For Sonnen to cry about that stoppage when the ref saved him from elbow damage is pathetic. He got owned. He was completely stupid and went to the ground when he was dominating on his feet and Filho subb'd his ass bad and owned him.
I don't hate the military, but I do disagree with what they've been forced to do. I respect what Stann does, but I'm not trying to hear about it all the time. That's all the guy talks about pre and post fight.

Dude, you just assumed a bunch of sh*t about Radcliff. Just because he isn't an "all american white boy marine" doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He has a cheesy nickname, big deal. Do you think Rampage is a bad guy, because he wears a chain and is black and from the ghetto?

I guess theirs no universal definition of owned in a fight, but I really doubt that anyone would agree that Filho owned Sonnen. The proper description of that fight is that Sonnen was owning Filho and got caught.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Filho's *****ed out of fights before like in the WW GP where completely dominated a match for 9 mins and should have had no injury, but couldn't fight a guy who had a torn bicep and some other injuries because he might lose.

Maybe his depression is related to his lack of steroid use that has left not so great. I'm not even sure I believe he's in rehab. You've hate on dudes before for steroid use, but I guess it's only when it's convenient for you.

Sonnen was dissappointed in losing for a few moments and *****ed out briefly. Weak, but oh well. Filho's worse.

Filho is suffering from chemical dependancy caused by a physical depression. How does that make him a *****? He isnt making excuses, he is suffering from a disease millions of pople in the US go through ever year.
Holy bleeding heart liberal. Man up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe you just called Norris a bleeding heart liberal.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't hate the military, but I do disagree with what they've been forced to do. I respect what Stann does, but I'm not trying to hear about it all the time. That's all the guy talks about pre and post fight.
I agree 100%. I also hate when people try to get crowd support by talking about doing it for troops. It pisses me off. Sylvia does it for sure.

Norris is coming close to pulling a dog the bounty hunter soon.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe you just called Norris a bleeding heart liberal.
This guy flips on himself all the time. One minute he's ultra conservative, the next this crap. Whatever's convenient for his argument.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This guy flips on himself all the time. One minute he's ultra conservative, the next this crap. Whatever's convenient for his argument.
Exactly. To add to that he can't have someone disagree with him without spazzing out. I doubt he realized theirs even a possibilty that he could be wrong occasionally.

Good call on the DTBH, he better watch it I'll get "don't be alarmed, I'm black" to come in here and deal with him.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Filho's *****ed out of fights before like in the WW GP where completely dominated a match for 9 mins and should have had no injury, but couldn't fight a guy who had a torn bicep and some other injuries because he might lose.

Maybe his depression is related to his lack of steroid use that has left not so great. I'm not even sure I believe he's in rehab. You've hate on dudes before for steroid use, but I guess it's only when it's convenient for you.

Sonnen was dissappointed in losing for a few moments and *****ed out briefly. Weak, but oh well. Filho's worse.

Holy bleeding heart liberal. Man up.
I dont give a crap about Filho and his injuries or steroid usage but Sonnen was a cry baby and Sonnen should settle it by admitting it was a good stoppage and all will be forgiven.

And I have had close people to me go through serious medical depression and it is a very real and very physical disease. So I guess understanding the medical facts better than most and having sympathy for someone suffering from a very real physical disease makes me a bleeding heart liberal?

Conservatism is based on understanding, accepting and dealing with reality in a realistic manner. I dont see myself straying from my principles one bit.

And if me being opposed to all forms of the glorification of violence and ignorance using using hip hop inner city urban lingo makes me racist, then I guess me and Bill Cosby are racists. 9mm is clearly derived from inner city urban gang influenced style. Just like hip hop glorifies gang life, thug life blah blah, the name 9mm does the exact same crap. 9mm is a celebration of ignorance and violence and I dont have any tolerance for it. Bill Cosby has the same exact views and no one accuses him of being a racist.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I dont give a crap about Filho and his injuries or steroid usage but Sonnen was a cry baby and Sonnen should settle it by admitting it was a good stoppage and all will be forgiven.

And I have had close people to me go through serious medical depression and it is a very real and very physical disease. So I guess understanding the medical facts better than most and having sympathy for someone suffering from a very real physical disease makes me a bleeding heart liberal?

Conservatism is based on understanding, accepting and dealing with reality in a realistic manner. I dont see myself straying from my principles one bit.

And if me being opposed to all forms of the glorification of violence and ignorance using using hip hop inner city urban lingo makes me racist, then I guess me and Bill Cosby are racists. 9mm is clearly derived from inner city urban gang influenced style. Just like hip hop glorifies gang life, thug life blah blah, the name 9mm does the exact same crap. 9mm is a celebration of ignorance and violence and I dont have any tolerance for it. Bill Cosby has the same exact views and no one accuses him of being a racist.
You blasted all the othe Pride guys that have looked like sh*t and accused them of steroid use, so why not accuse Filho, because it's not convenient for your argument, that's why. Why would you get your panties in a bunch over Sonnen having a stupid attitude about the stoppage, but not care that Filho has b*tched out of fights and makes excuses.

So you only have sympathy for a situation that you've had to deal with personally? You have sympathy for people with depression, why not have sympathy for a guy that probably grew up with next to nothing and probably had to use a 9mm to protect his life. Too far from your lifestyle for you to understand? If Radcliff was saying ignorant sh*t, then yeah you can hate on him. He's from the fvcking ghetto that's how he's gonna talk and look, he could easily be a reasonable dude.

The reason Jas called you out on flip flopping is pretty clear. You seem to never want to hear excuses or give anybody the benefit of the doubt. You see things so cut and dry, but when it came to Filho you turned into a sensitive thoughtfull person. Why not be sensitive towards Radcliff and his situation of most likely growing up in poverty with little to look forward to.

You said Stann is constantly talking about the Marines because that defines who he is, OK, why don't you use your "accepting and dealing with reality in a realistic manner" skills to understand that Radcliff is from the ghetto and has most likely had a rough life, that's who he is, it doesn't make him a bad person. He could very well be like Rampage, an extremely reasonable dude. You can't expect these guys to act white. I could understand if the guy had said a bunch of ignorant sh*t, but I've heard none of that.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You blasted all the othe Pride guys that have looked like sh*t and accused them of steroid use, so why not accuse Filho, because it's not convenient for your argument, that's why. Why would you get your panties in a bunch over Sonnen having a stupid attitude about the stoppage, but not care that Filho has b*tched out of fights and makes excuses.

So you only have sympathy for a situation that you've had to deal with personally? You have sympathy for people with depression, why not have sympathy for a guy that probably grew up with next to nothing and probably had to use a 9mm to protect his life. Too far from your lifestyle for you to understand? If Radcliff was saying ignorant sh*t, then yeah you can hate on him. He's from the fvcking ghetto that's how he's gonna talk and look, he could easily be a reasonable dude.

The reason Jas called you out on flip flopping is pretty clear. You seem to never want to hear excuses or give anybody the benefit of the doubt. You see things so cut and dry, but when it came to Filho you turned into a sensitive thoughtfull person. Why not be sensitive towards Radcliff and his situation of most likely growing up in poverty with little to look forward to.

You said Stann is constantly talking about the Marines because that defines who he is, OK, why don't you use your "accepting and dealing with reality in a realistic manner" skills to understand that Radcliff is from the ghetto and has most likely had a rough life, that's who he is, it doesn't make him a bad person. He could very well be like Rampage, an extremely reasonable dude. You can't expect these guys to act white. I could understand if the guy had said a bunch of ignorant sh*t, but I've heard none of that.
I dont give a **** about ghetto thugs, they keep themselves down and keep themselves in poverty by creating a culture that celebrates violence and ignorance and does not celebrate or promote hard work and education. You cant be a reasonable dude and call yourself 9mm. You're damn right I dont understand the poor little me, im so oppressed by the white man, poor me I cant get a fair shake attituded employed by the black community. I wont accept that crap either. People dont care about the color of your skin as long as you work hard, have an education and a hard working attitude. Ask Bill Cosby, he is brilliant in his commentary of the black community and the roots of their problems.

If 9mm had a medical disorder that required him to be a thug and celebrate ignorance it would be different. I might be a little more sympathetic.

I am a more introspective person than you think but that doesnt mean I equate medical disease to embracing a culture of ignorance.

Anyways even though I hold these views, I made my original post to be a little extreme and stir **** up. And it worked.

But I dont understand why none of you are rushing to the defense of Mohwak douche boy? :rasp:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I dont give a **** about ghetto thugs, they keep themselves down and keep themselves in poverty by creating a culture that celebrates violence and ignorance and does not celebrate or promote hard work and education. You cant be a reasonable dude and call yourself 9mm. You're damn right I dont understand the poor little me, im so oppressed by the white man, poor me I cant get a fair shake attituded employed by the black community. I wont accept that crap either. People dont care about the color of your skin as long as you work hard, have an education and a hard working attitude. Ask Bill Cosby, he is brilliant in his commentary of the black community and the roots of their problems.

If 9mm had a medical disorder that required him to be a thug and celebrate ignorance it would be different. I might be a little more sympathetic.

I am a more introspective person than you think but that doesnt mean I equate medical disease to embracing a culture of ignorance.

Anyways even though I hold these views, I made my original post to be a little extreme and stir **** up. And it worked.

But I dont understand why none of you are rushing to the defense of Mohwak douche boy? :rasp:
I agree with a lot of yours and Cosby's thoughts on the black community. Do you think living in a dangerous hostile environment with poor schooling and little to no money is not depressing? I'm pretty sure it's depressing as hell and probably far worse than anything Filho has dealt with. Most people that have grown up in piss poor environments have severe depression, they just don't pull out of fights because of it. How do you know the severity of Filho's situation? It could very well be mostly an excuse, take that into consideration. It's not like depression is some rare sh*t, plenty of people suffer from it.

Look, I can't stand ignorant aggressive obnoxious hip hop thugs either, but you have to give them a chance. Some of them are great people, it's impossible for them to not appear the way they do when that's been their entire life. Rampage is the perfect example. He looks and talks ghetto, but he is a good guy. You would honestly be surprised by how many black guys that appear thuggish are actually extremely reasonable. I've grown up with black people and have been close friends with many. Most of them have a thugish exterior, that helps them survive their environment. They all look the same, don't take that the wrong way, but half of them are ignorant morons, the other half despise the ignorant ones for making them look bad.

I'm glad the Mohawk douche got owned.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established

Who the **** has Stann beaten? His biggest win is over Rhino Marshall for christ sakes. I respect anyone who is in our military, but this nuthuggery is ridiculous. He hasnt proven **** in the MMA world.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I've grown up with black people and have been close friends with many. Most of them have a thugish exterior, that helps them survive their environment. They all look the same, don't take that the wrong way, but half of them are ignorant morons, the other half despise the ignorant ones for making them look bad.
On the mean streets of Nebraska as a teen, I saw one or two minorities growing up, and they don't seem all that bad. One was this black guy that said, "Zip it up, and zip it out" with a chuckle. I was stunned for a second but then played it cool responding, "Zip-a-dee-doo-da, byebye" :cool: The dude liked me so much he gave me a nickname, Saltine.

No, seriously though, good postings dealing with Norris, Alex.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
On the mean streets of Nebraska as a teen, I saw one or two minorities growing up, and they don't seem all that bad. One was this black guy that said, "Zip it up, and zip it out" with a chuckle. I was stunned for a second but then played it cool responding, "Zip-a-dee-doo-da, byebye" :cool: The dude liked me so much he gave me a nickname, Saltine.

No, seriously though, good postings dealing with Norris, Alex.
I think Norris might be Regenal Denney or whatever that dudes name is. I'm glad the black people accepted you, Saltine. They sometimes refer to me as Vanillaface.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Norris might be Regenal Denney or whatever that dudes name is. I'm glad the black people accepted you, Saltine. They sometimes refer to me as Vanillaface.
OK wiggers. Go back to the hood and sag your pants, listen to 2pac and roll on spinners.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
OK wiggers. Go back to the hood and sag your pants, listen to 2pac and roll on spinners.
hahaha, that was hilarious, especially coming from you. Jas is sensitive about the word wiggers for some reason, so watch what you say.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahaha, that was hilarious, especially coming from you. Jas is sensitive about the word wiggers for some reason, so watch what you say.
LOL wiggers are funny. There is nothing funnier than someone trying to be a race they aren't. Funny is a sad pathetic sort of way.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
drama, homosexuality, hostility, and arguements.....

Typical day in the MMA forum! lol.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Hip Hop is not specific to one community anymore. What are Chinese hip-hop enthusiasts? Chiggers?
Anyways, this isn't about MMA but it is relative to the convo. Back in the 90's here in NYC, I temped at an employment agency and there was a list of jobs that I was told to NOT REFER any black people for. Guess what I did? So, you might think you have the whole race thing figured out but you aren't even scratching the surface.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Didn't feel like making a thread about this so I'll put it here, Leonard Garcia was arrested following a 4 year investigation into a drug smuggling ring in Texas. No idea if his involvement but with a 4 year investigation I imagine he had a big involvement if they arrested him. The guy came off as scum to me anyway.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Didn't feel like making a thread about this so I'll put it here, Leonard Garcia was arrested following a 4 year investigation into a drug smuggling ring in Texas. No idea if his involvement but with a 4 year investigation I imagine he had a big involvement if they arrested him. The guy came off as scum to me anyway.
Wow, I guess he was just arrested in the past couple of days? He seemed ok to me, but I haven't seen many interviews. Pretty good fighter though, especially at 145. Anyone with details please chime in.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hip Hop is not specific to one community anymore. What are Chinese hip-hop enthusiasts? Chiggers?
Anyways, this isn't about MMA but it is relative to the convo. Back in the 90's here in NYC, I temped at an employment agency and there was a list of jobs that I was told to NOT REFER any black people for. Guess what I did? So, you might think you have the whole race thing figured out but you aren't even scratching the surface.
Yup, chiggers, wiggers, spiggers, etc. You can enjoy hip hop and not be a wigger. It's when they take it ridiculously far with fake accents and walking funny and stuff.

What do you mean when you say "you aren't even scratching the surface" on the race issue? I mean I know what you're saying, but elaborate. It's pretty obvious to me that racism hasn't died down like some people would like you to believe. It's gotten a little better, but not much. I also think black people on average are more racist than whites, maybe rightfully so.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yup, chiggers, wiggers, spiggers, etc. You can enjoy hip hop and not be a wigger. It's when they take it ridiculously far with fake accents and walking funny and stuff.

What do you mean when you say "you aren't even scratching the surface" on the race issue? I mean I know what you're saying, but elaborate. It's pretty obvious to me that racism hasn't died down like some people would like you to believe. It's gotten a little better, but not much. I also think black people on average are more racist than whites, maybe rightfully so.
It's like guys that are into Nascar wearing Nascar drag or when guys are into MMA and they wear the Affliction drag. It's just about fitting into a group of other "enthusiasts." What many of you don't realize is that record companies promote and perpetuate this stuff. If your stuff isn't "hard" or "real" enough your either not gonna get put on or they will bring in producers and writers to make it so. 15 year old girls in the Midwest wouldn't have it any other way! LOL
As for the "Scratch the surface" statement, that was aimed towards CNorris' statements that black people are whining and "keeping themselves" down. Do you think my situation at the employment agency was unique? From speaking to other workers who also worked w/other agencies, it would seem that it was common practice and not unusual at all. I guess it didn't occur to them that I'm not white.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's like guys that are into Nascar wearing Nascar drag or when guys are into MMA and they wear the Affliction drag. It's just about fitting into a group of other "enthusiasts." What many of you don't realize is that record companies promote and perpetuate this stuff. If your stuff isn't "hard" or "real" enough your either not gonna get put on or they will bring in producers and writers to make it so. 15 year old girls in the Midwest wouldn't have it any other way! LOL
As for the "Scratch the surface" statement, that was aimed towards CNorris' statements that black people are whining and "keeping themselves" down. Do you think my situation at the employment agency was unique? From speaking to other workers who also worked w/other agencies, it would seem that it was common practice and not unusual at all. I guess it didn't occur to them that I'm not white.
People need to work on not being such followers. Record companies promote to whatever group of people will buy the most, obviously. Sadly their appears to be more mindless followers that will latch on to anything than people that appreciate good music. So we have to listen to garbage now. I can't express how much I miss good rap music, the 90's were amazing.

I'm not surprised by your situation with your old job at all. I've seen it plenty of times. I've been dragged into the sh*t, and have almost lost my job by opposing what I felt was direct racism. People always have a way to rationalize to themselves that they aren't racist, it's funny to watch. My favorite is me old boss who refused to hire more than 2 black people, but likes to make himself feel like an ethical person by telling us how he has black friends that he plays basketball with. That guy has many douchebag qualities, he's a triple threat.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Wow, I guess he was just arrested in the past couple of days? He seemed ok to me, but I haven't seen many interviews. Pretty good fighter though, especially at 145. Anyone with details please chime in.
Thirteen members of an alleged drug trafficking organization are off Lubbock streets after a four-year investigation. Authorities say the cocaine ring spans from El Paso to the Hub City.
Ten people arrested during those raids Thursday and we're told they will all end up at the Lubbock County Jail.

The roundup started early Thursday morning with a bust in the 1500 block of 23rd Street. The Drug Enforcement Administration led the operation. Lubbock Police, Lubbock Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety assisted along with several other area agencies.

Federal indictments allege that all who were arrested have conspired to sell cocaine going back to as early as 2001. Authorities also executed seven search warrants in both Lubbock and Lynn Counties on Thursday.

Our cameras also caught a bust at an apartment in the 7200 block of 73 Street. It's allegedly linked to the cocaine ring as well.

The U.S. District Attorney's Office says that operation seized about two kilograms of cocaine along with drug trafficking paraphernalia, firearms and money.

Three other suspects were taken into custody prior to Thursday morning. El Paso authorities tell us John Patrick Morales II was arrested Wednesday night.

NewsChannel 11 has learned one of those arrested is mixed martial arts fighter Leonard Garcia. He was arrested Tuesday in allege connection with the cocaine ring. Garica is currently ranked sixth in the featherweight class in MMA. He has fought in UFC and Ultimate Fighting championships.

One other suspect is already in custody in the Lamb County. If convicted, three of those arrested could face up to 40 years in prison and up to a $2 million fine. The others could face up to life in prison and up to a $ 4 million fine.

Those accused were named in five federal indictments that were unsealed Thursday morning. All but one of those named in the indictments has been arrested.