Dream/k-1

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
The weight classes break down as follows:
Heavyweight – 93.1 kg and above (over 205 pounds)
Light Heavyweight – Up to 93 kg (up to 205 pounds)
Middleweight – Up to 84 kg (up to 185 pounds)
Welterweight – Up to 76 kg (up to 167.5 pounds)
Lightweight – Up to 70 kg (up to 154 pounds)

The Dream 2008 schedule as announced:

March 15
HEIWA DREAM 1 – Lightweight Grand Prix Opening Round
Saitama Super Arena

April 29
OLYMPIA DREAM 2 – Middleweight Grand Prix Opening Round
Saitama Super Arena

May 11
HEIWA DREAM 3 – Lightweight Grand Prix Second Round
Saitama Super Arena

Mid-June
OLYMPIA DREAM 4 – Middleweight Grand Prix Second Round
(Possibly in Korea)

July 21
HEIWA DREAM 5 – Lightweight Grand Prix Finals
Osakajo Hall

Late September
OLYMPIA DREAM 6 – Middleweight Grand Prix Finals
Saitama Super Arena

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nice info, Mouth. So is Gomi fighting at WW or LW? Didn't realize they would have a WW division, sweet.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LW grand prix is looking promising

16 man tournament-Opening Round

Aoki vs JZ

Kawajiri
Ishida
Melendez
Hansen
Andre "dida" Amade
Caol Uno
Luiz "buscape" Firmino
Kazuyuki Miyata
Jung Bu-Kyung
Koutetsu Boku
Artur Oumakhanav

Non Tournament

Denis Kang vs TBA
Marcelo Garcia vs TBA

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
+ Mirko vs TBA(my guess is Sergei or Overeem)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:woohoo:

I can't wait for this one. Will the screaming announcer be back?

Wait for it...

Last edited:
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The "Noguiera" is absolutely the best sh*t I've ever heard.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking and I'm kind of confused. Is this the org that will be ran by the old Pride group or is this different?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking and I'm kind of confused. Is this the org that will be ran by the old Pride group or is this different?
I think it's half and half between, Dream and WVR?

Last edited:
KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
I think it's half and half between, Dream and Victory Fighting Champ?
Its run by K-1. Replacing HEROES. Crocop is fighting there now. Hopefully it will help fill the void of Pride in the asian market.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Its run by K-1. Replacing HEROES. Crocop is fighting there now. Hopefully it will help fill the void of Pride in the asian market.
Yes but they are also getting some of the old Pride personal such as the screaming banshee lady in my avatar. WVR is also supposed to be getting some of the former Pride personel from what I understand.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yes but they are also getting some of the old Pride personal such as the screaming banshee lady in my avatar. WVR is also supposed to be getting some of the former Pride personel from what I understand.
I like how people answer your questions without actually answering them. No offense to the dude above, but I'm not sure would've worked out better. I'm really not clear on it, and have yet to find anyone that is.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I like how people answer your questions without actually answering them. No offense to the dude above, but I'm not sure would've worked out better. I'm really not clear on it, and have yet to find anyone that is.
My take is that WVR will be a rinky dink fed that may whither up and die whereas Dream seems like it has some serious potential to be Pride 2.0 with a solid GP and good stable of potential HWs.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My take is that WVR will be a rinky dink fed that may whither up and die whereas Dream seems like it has some serious potential to be Pride 2.0 with a solid GP and good stable of potential HWs.
That seems like a good guess. I still don't understand who precisely is running these org's?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mirko is fighting Yoshihiro "Kiss" Nakao.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant believe people are getting excited over CC. I will see seeing all the lw's there however

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I guess this is the entire GP line-up, but I also heard Sakurai's fight was at 167? Either way the GP is looking solid. CC is not fighting Minowa, he's fighting Nakao, and Minowa's opponent hasn't been announced. The second round of the tourny should be amazing.
DREAM | ‘Î￾íƒJ￾[ƒh

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This clears things up, well, not really. Only a week away too.

Fight Entertainment Group has announced four more bouts for the March 15 debut of Dream at Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

In the 154-pound lightweight grand prix, Mitsuhiro Ishida (Pictures) will take on Bu Kyung Jung (Pictures); Katsuhiko Nagata (Pictures)will meet Artur Oumakhanov (Pictures); and Andre "Dida" Amade will square off with Eddie Alvarez (Pictures).

Ishida fought only once in 2007. He made it count, though, by taking a unanimous decision over Gilbert Melendez (Pictures) on Dec. 31 in the biggest win of his career. Jung, an Olympic silver medalist in judo at the 2000 Sydney Games, made his MMA debut last New Year's Eve. He gave an impressive and spirited effort against Shinya Aoki (Pictures), nearly submitting the celebrated grappler twice in a unanimous decision loss.

Another Sydney Games silver medalist, Katsuhiko Nagata (Pictures)hasn't competed since last year's Hero's tournament, in which Caol Uno (Pictures) defeated him in July. His opponent, Artur Oumakhanov (Pictures), was knocked out in January by upstart Shoji in a bid to win the vacant lightweight King of Pancrase title.

The runner-up in last year's Hero's tournament, Andre Amade (Pictures) hasn't fought since the tournament final last September, when he defeated Caol Uno (Pictures) only to lose to Gesias Calvancante (Pictures). Alvarez, who began his career as a welterweight, defeated Ross Ebanez (Pictures) at a catch-weight of 165 pounds in his most recent fight.

Event producer Keiichi Sasahara said the tournament would proceed with seven tournament bouts for the time being. An eighth tournament bout wasn't possible due to injuries to Vitor Ribeiro (Pictures) and Caol Uno (Pictures), as well as Gilbert Melendez (Pictures)'s commitments to Strikeforce.

However, Sasahara hopes to organize a bout between two of the fighters for the April 29 Dream card, with the winner then advancing to the quarterfinals on May 11. If that isn't possible, one fighter may be seeded directly into the May 11 quarterfinals.

Also announced, Hayato Sakurai (Pictures) will take on Hidetaka Monma (Pictures) in a non-tournament bout at 168 pounds.

Sakurai is coming off a commanding unanimous decision victory on New Year's Eve over Deep welterweight king Hidehiko Hasegawa (Pictures). Monma saw easy action in February, when he took a quick submission win over South Korean Yong Fun Lee (Pictures) in a tune-up bout.

Also, despite a statement on his personal blog that said he would fight Yoshihiro Nakao (Pictures) on the card, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic's opponent has not yet been confirmed. Sasahara said he had around five potential candidates in mind to face "Cro Cop," but he had not yet decided on one and if any fighters want to face the Croatian, that they should come forward.

Ikuhisa Minowa (Pictures) was also added to the card against a to-be-determined opponent. Minowa, now campaigning as "Minowaman," was defeated in his Dec. 31 David-and-Goliath battle with "Zuluzinho" Wagner da Conceicao Martins

MMABoxing

Awards
LW grand prix is looking promising

16 man tournament-Opening Round

Aoki vs JZ

Kawajiri
Ishida
Melendez
Hansen
Andre "dida" Amade
Caol Uno
Luiz "buscape" Firmino
Kazuyuki Miyata
Jung Bu-Kyung
Koutetsu Boku
Artur Oumakhanav

Non Tournament

Denis Kang vs TBA
Marcelo Garcia vs TBA

HEY:stick::stick::stick::stick: YOU Forgot Kultar Gill. hes from where Im from SO lets go Gill. I dont know why hes such a huge underdog 550+ i think it was for winning the whole this he was 3500+:wtf:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
HEY:stick::stick::stick::stick: YOU Forgot Kultar Gill. hes from where Im from SO lets go Gill. I dont know why hes such a huge underdog 550+ i think it was for winning the whole this he was 3500+:wtf:
Sorry to hear that you have to live up in the armpit. JK, a jab at Mulletsoldier more than anything. Gill is fighting Kawajiri in the first round, that sucks for him. Kawajiri and Ishida don't seem to be getting much respect heading into this tournament. I'm interested to see how Alvarez does. I don't really like him, but he seems to have pretty good potential. Sucks this isn't on PPV. Can't wait to see Aoki/JZ.

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
Sorry to hear that you have to live up in the armpit. JK, a jab at Mulletsoldier more than anything. Gill is fighting Kawajiri in the first round, that sucks for him. Kawajiri and Ishida don't seem to be getting much respect heading into this tournament. I'm interested to see how Alvarez does. I don't really like him, but he seems to have pretty good potential. Sucks this isn't on PPV. Can't wait to see Aoki/JZ.
I wanted to see Aoki/JZ last December, and i'll settle for it being tomorrow.. but I don't quite understand why they'd have two huge favorites to win match up in the first round. Traditional Pride tournament match making I guess.

I can't see Aoki taking this considering how beastly JZ is. Sherdog's article said it best when they stated that Aoki's terrible striking and non existent wrestling are going to have a hard time matching up with JZ's attributes. If Aoki has to pull guard to get the match to the floor, while dangerous, i would never want JZ on top. :saw:

If I can't get to a bar or a friends' house to watch a fight, I usually can pick it up and stream it live at MyP2P.eu :: Free Live Sports on your PC, Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL and more... . I'm not sure if this fight is going to be televised anywhere, but hopefully we can see it. if we can't.. I won't be too upset with Marquez and Pacquaio going at it a second time also :cheers:

edit: I'm also interested in seeing how Bu Kyung Jung and Ishida do. A shame Melendez isn't in this.. a bigger shame that BJ isn't in it either :(