Dana said Brock should file a grievance about UFC 81 point deduction

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Erik Paulson Interview:

PDG: What did you think of the stoppage in the point deduction without warning by the referee Steve Mazzagoti?
Erik: It was stupid how he stopped it and stood them up without giving a warning.

PDG: On the replay, it only looked like one or two punches that were unintentional.
Erik: Yeah, it was one or two. Mazzagotti said in the locker room before the fight, that he would be watching for guys hitting in the back of the head but that if the guy is moving his head around back and forth and rolling with his head, that he was not going to call that. Frank was three quarters of the way out and we thought that the fight was over when the ref stepped in. He kind of looked at Frank and Frank was like.....ugh..... and then he stood the both of them up. I think that Mazzagotti thought that maybe it was too early of a call so that when he stopped it, he was like now what. When he raised Brock's arm up I thought the fight was over. Then all of a sudden he goes “point” and all of us in Brock's corner were like what? I think he knew he made a mistake since he stopped and paused and then he wasn't quite sure what to do.

PDG: It almost looked like the fight was over since he raised his arm.
Erik: We all thought the fight was over. You don't raise a fighters arm up in the air and then say “point”. Dana [White] came into the locker room after the fight and said that it was a bull**** call. He said that we should file a grievance with the commission.

PDG: Dana White said that?
Erik: Yes and we got it on video. He said that is a bull**** call and all that the guys sitting around him including Matt Hughes were like holy crap when that guy learns some submissions he is going to be a force.

Exclusive: Erik Paulson 02/11/08

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Erik Paulson Interview:

PDG: What did you think of the stoppage in the point deduction without warning by the referee Steve Mazzagoti?
Erik: It was stupid how he stopped it and stood them up without giving a warning.

PDG: On the replay, it only looked like one or two punches that were unintentional.
Erik: Yeah, it was one or two. Mazzagotti said in the locker room before the fight, that he would be watching for guys hitting in the back of the head but that if the guy is moving his head around back and forth and rolling with his head, that he was not going to call that. Frank was three quarters of the way out and we thought that the fight was over when the ref stepped in. He kind of looked at Frank and Frank was like.....ugh..... and then he stood the both of them up. I think that Mazzagotti thought that maybe it was too early of a call so that when he stopped it, he was like now what. When he raised Brock's arm up I thought the fight was over. Then all of a sudden he goes “point” and all of us in Brock's corner were like what? I think he knew he made a mistake since he stopped and paused and then he wasn't quite sure what to do.

PDG: It almost looked like the fight was over since he raised his arm.
Erik: We all thought the fight was over. You don't raise a fighters arm up in the air and then say “point”. Dana [White] came into the locker room after the fight and said that it was a bull**** call. He said that we should file a grievance with the commission.

PDG: Dana White said that?
Erik: Yes and we got it on video. He said that is a bull**** call and all that the guys sitting around him including Matt Hughes were like holy crap when that guy learns some submissions he is going to be a force.

Exclusive: Erik Paulson 02/11/08
Mazagatti's in the Mir Camp's pocket, j/k. That was a BS call and it's good to hear Dana thought so too.

Brock is a serious beast. I agree that if he adds some honed in technical skill to his natural power & athleticism, he's going to be a serious threat.

He's got the wrestling background, and we all saw Brock scramble across Mir's back like Brock only weighed 150lbs. If he manages to learn subs and learns a smarter ground game, like keeping out of dangerous positions, I think he's going to be bad@$$

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That stoppage was ridiculous, anybody have video of the fight? I remember thinking it was quite awkward as well. Reaffirms my position that Mazzagati and Herb Dean are battling for the position of worst MMA Referee.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That stoppage was ridiculous, anybody have video of the fight? I remember thinking it was quite awkward as well. Reaffirms my position that Mazzagati and Herb Dean are battling for the position of worst MMA Referee.
Yves Lavigne FTW!!!!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
This is exactly what i was saying! its fuking bull **** and steve is the worst ref ever so i was not surprised!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would pick Brock 1st Round TKO using hammer fists to the back of the head. :lol:
I'd pick Brock 1st round TKO also, Mazagatti poo's himself, slips in his poo and knocks the back of his head on the ground, Brock pounces, Mazagatti can't defend himself, ref ends the fight.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't watch it or I'm going to get re-pissed off

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alex I found you a new avatar. On 2nd thought it might be good wanking material for you as well.

Nice. Good thing for Brock that HMC has gigantism, otherwise he'd be 0-2:twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Brock would have taken HMC down easy but I know he wouldn't arm bar him Fedor style.
No doubt, theirs always the 2% chance that HMC bops him over the head on his way in. I think HMC will be hard for most to take down, but not Brock. Noguiera would probably have a terrible time trying to take HMC down.

Dozi

Awards
hehe, most of us watching it thought the stoppage was due to Lesnar winning via COMPLETE DOMINATION. Had steve NOT stood them up, probobly only about 10 more seconds of brocks viscious GnP would of ended the fight too, in Lesnar's favor obviously.

****ty the end result though...