Sylvia-Nog question and the HW title picture

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
1. A few MMA writers have commented that Nog "figured Tim out" in the second round and was outboxing him. Did anyone else observe this? I thought it was closer than the first, but still had Tim winning the 2nd.

2. Who is the #1 contender in the HW division?

There seems to be no clear cut challenger. Werdum is 1-1 although coming off a big win. AA is probably the best candidate, but he's leaving. Vera lost to Tim. O'brien has a few wins in a row, but wait who's O'brien? Mir's a gatekeeper but I guess he's marketable. Anywho, no clear contender IMO.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Nog did much better in the 2nd, but still lost the round

2. Not a clue; Werdum v Nog II can be marketed more easily than other matchups. If CC can get his ass in gear, then I would love to see this rematch.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I had a dream last night, based on Nyquil. Dana let Nog fight Fedor in the UFC to spite Handy. Fedor was mean in this fight though, he pinned Nog against the cage and smashed him with elbows, Nog was out cold maybe 2 mins into the fight? Then I did a 700# deadlift with one leg.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
It makes it all the sadder that Randy is gone.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Werdum gets the next shot, Dana also said in a recent interview post this weekend that the UFC is going to publish ranknigs after events to show where their logic is from. He claimed it would be easier. Once Nog beats Werdum it might be Kongo (what a terrible fight that would be) or it could be a rejuvenated CC (if he realizes he is a fighter)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Werdum gets next shot.
That's not what he was asking. He was looking for our opinion on who should get the next shot. You cannot honestly say that Werdum deserves a shot at this point.

size

Awards
  • Established
1. Nog definitely looked better in the second round. I think he adjusted to the reach of sylvia.

2. Bring in Josh Barnett.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
AA probably "deserves" a shot right now I guess. Kongo also deserves one b/c of his recent win. I'm not a Vera fan, but one could argue that he deserves a shot as well since his only loss was to Timmy.
I remember when everyone was stoked about the UFC HW with Herring, Nog, Timmy, CC, AA, Werdum, GG, Vera - now it's like there are no real clear cut top HW guys b/c they keep beating each other or having poor showings (AA vs Werdum).

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Alex, I just read Fedor's next opponent is signed. Fedor better watch out. This guy might be tougher than his last few fights.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Schilt>Sylvia.............why didn't anyone b*tch about Nog getting an easy fight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
So it's officially Werdum..... This doesn't get me too pumped because they seem like similar fighters with Nog being a better version. Werdum's muay tai looked much better against GG (not Alex) espeically his knees. Maybe he can win the standup.

AA-Nog seems interesting if AA would bring some of the old fire. He'd probably be tentative like he was against Werdum.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nog seems to be getting worse and Werdum seems to be getting better. If I were to bet money I'd put it on Werdum, but I'll pick Nog(gotta believe). The UFC really needs to get Kharitonov. I'd rather see Kharitonov re-match either Nog/Fab:twisted:, then the Nog/Fab rematch.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Sergei would be a great addition. Is he signed with K-1? Someone was reporting that Hunt had signed on to do pro-wrestling somewhere. :frustrate

I wonder if Nog's vision on his right is getting him dropped by all these strikes: Herring headkick, Sylvia left hook followed by right.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I believe he is signed with K-1, I have no idea what the contract is. You could be right about Nog's eye and getting caught, it makes sense.

Do you know how to photoshop? If you could put the Britannica kid in the av, that would be pretty solid. Poly is roaming around this forum telling horrible jokes, and people are loving them, makes sense.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Do you know how to photoshop? If you could put the Britannica kid in the av, that would be pretty solid. Poly is roaming around this forum telling horrible jokes, and people are loving them, makes sense.
No, I thought of putting the Britan boy or a mantis in there. Poly's been Hiroshimaing here and there, I've noticed.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mullet hasn't been posting much, I wonder if my sig insulted him? Poly thinks this section is for homos so I can talk all the sh*t I want in here. Nice tits, douchebag, wheres your dwarf girlfriend?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
And the new.........heavyweight...........champion of anabolicminds................Alexannnnnndrovanavich!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
And the new.........heavyweight...........champion of anabolicminds................Alexannnnnndrovanavich!
Well, you have all day to come up with this sh!t so you better be throwing some good ones up here. Better keep exercising your mind because your body is withering to nothing, or maybe you're just getting your phantom lifts up to a respectable level while bowing out of the contest. Then you'll post pics of yourself (while wearing your heightening shoes) and doing Mullet-level 2'' of pulling rack pulls.

Winner by way of brutal Knockout...............And the new.........6-time heavyweight...........champion of anabolicminds................Jasito uno dos tres.......uno dos tres!

BTW, Mouth = the G-man? He is an announcer.....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Good ones huh. How about that stellar sherdogism joke I told the other day:blink: I am withering and seeing you setting these PR's isn't making me happy, I'm a true player hater.

G-man/Mouth is good stuff.

Kabuki has requested that I put up an av, I'm thinking of doing a Steven Wright in half baked style shot of me doing my daily activities(sleeping). At least you'll be able to see the cast and know I'm not BSing about that.

Seriously though, what do you think about me doing a lot of rack deadlifts with my broken legged knee on a bench and the other on the floor? Think that's dangerous? I started doing some upper body this week, but my strength/drive isn't there. Remember my bone is not attached so I can't put pressure on my foot like one would with a typical break and a walking cast.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Seriously though, what do you think about me doing a lot of rack deadlifts with my broken legged knee on a bench and the other on the floor? Think that's dangerous? I started doing some upper body this week, but my strength/drive isn't there. Remember my bone is not attached so I can't put pressure on my foot like one would with a typical break and a walking cast.
The rack pulls sound safe. What could go wrong? :lol: Yeah, I guess it's a pain in the ass even changing weight on bench? You do bench, some seated curls, dumbell tricep extensions, hit the delts a little, bong rips, etc..... I could see it being annoying. Concentration exercises are pretty :yawn:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, changing the weights is more taxing than the actual exercise I end up performing. Studio lifting is cake stoned.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When it comes to your nasty-ass grill jas, I think it's best you put that Britannica kid, an insect, a piece of dog sh!t, whatever really, to hide that oversized hobbit, with a wanna-be-frat-boy hair cut, mug of yours. No wonder your lady peaced, she couldn't handle making love to the bastard love-child of Bilbo Baggins and Janet Reno.

Alex....You still haven't put up an avy, video, and/or picture, so as far as I'm concerned you don't exist.

Mouth - you're the Mouth. 'Nuff said.

There, I'm dying so that's all I have for now.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to your nasty-ass grill jas, I think it's best you put that Britannica kid, an insect, a piece of dog sh!t, whatever really, to hide that oversized hobbit, with a wanna-be-frat-boy hair cut, mug of yours. No wonder your lady peaced, she couldn't handle making love to the bastard love-child of Bilbo Baggins and Janet Reno.

Alex....You still haven't put up an avy, video, and/or picture, so as far as I'm concerned you don't exist.

Sticking with the hobbit jokes even after you realized my Lee Murray avatar wasn't me? Wanna-be-frat-boy? I was an authentic frat boy for a few years :bb3: :run:
I dropped my ex because she could no longer supply me with my preworkout crank. We know you're not having this issue with your lady. :twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sticking with the hobbit jokes even after you realized my Lee Murray avatar wasn't me? Wanna-be-frat-boy? I was an authentic frat for a few years :bb3: :run:
I dropped my ex because she could no longer supply me with my preworkout crank. We know you're not having this issue with your lady. :twisted:
Dude..the hobbit joke was about your videos. :twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

And you wonder why people put you on their ignore list:twisted:, sarcastic douche:stick:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Franco, and that was my joke that he applauded, thief.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
We're always stealing from you Alex. Just like we stole the oil from your Arabian brethren. Did you ever see the World's strongest where Franco blew out his knee carrying a refrigerator on his back? It was pretty nasty.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
We're always stealing from you Alex. Just like we stole the oil from Arabian brethren. Did you ever see the World's strongest where Franco blew out his knee carrying a refrigerator on his back? It was pretty nasty.
Yeah, didn't the fridge proceed to crush him like an ant? You gotta have serious balls to start running like that with a fridge on your back. Phillipi's injury's were brutal, that one where his leg just folds, eww.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, didn't the fridge proceed to crush him like an ant? You gotta have serious balls to start running like that with a fridge on your back. Phillipi's injury's were brutal, that one where his leg just folds, eww.
The leg fold was pretty bad

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
NEW TOPIC!!!!!!!

I saw a post on sherdog the other day that mentioned the fact that Nog often looks gassed/rocked in his fights, then he suddenly explodes and wins. The suggestion was that he may actually be playing possum. Does anyone think this may be true. It actually sounds like a pretty good theory. If the opponent thinks Nog's on the verge of going out, he may attack with abandon and leave himself vulnerable to a sub. Sounds plausible.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
NEW TOPIC!!!!!!!

I saw a post on sherdog the other day that mentioned the fact that Nog often looks gassed/rocked in his fights, then he suddenly explodes and wins. The suggestion was that he may actually be playing possum. Does anyone think this may be true. It actually sounds like a pretty good theory. If the opponent thinks Nog's on the verge of going out, he may attack with abandon and leave himself vulnerable to a sub. Sounds plausible.
I kind of wondered about that too. I wouldn't put it past him, but I honestly think that he is often gassed and/or rocked. However he has the ability and the heart to overcome it when needed and explode into a submission or and escape/sweep. I don't think he is purposely playing possum though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NEW TOPIC!!!!!!!

It could be some secret 32nd Chamber BJJ super turtle technique.

"Super secret turtle fist "

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Big Nog is of the same breed as Mark Hunt, their success is based on outlasting their opponents through shelling behind their physical immunity to quit pain and a full KO, it's an extension of their unmoveable placid emotional state while battling.

Neither have nor are reliant on athleticism, as most fighters and athletes are, they are what I know as "Rocks".

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

It's a rare breed, only successful in some sports, almost always a born attribute, works against anyone until they meet another Rock who also can go hot on the physical - Principally One, Fedor Emelianeko, a Hot Rock.

Gdamn, if I was 28 again, and know what I know now, Brock and I, .....

Brock Lesnar will be the UFC HW Champion in 18 months or less, his freakish physicality and work ethic with learned skills, but that's conditional if trains away from Minnesota and fight in the West with top trainers and against really good big sparring partners.

I wish was 28 again, Nog and Tim and Frank and Brock and Kev.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big Nog is of the same breed as Mark Hunt, their success is based on outlasting their opponents through shelling behind their physical immunity to quit pain and a full KO, it's an extension of their unmoveable placid emotional state while battling.

Neither have nor are reliant on athleticism, as most fighters and athletes are, they are what I know as "Rocks".

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

It's a rare breed, only successful in some sports, almost always a born attribute, works against anyone until they meet another Rock who also can go hot on the physical - Principally One, Fedor Emelianeko, a Hot Rock.

Gdamn, if I was 28 again, and know what I know now, Brock and I, .....

Brock Lesnar will be the UFC HW Champion in 18 months or less, his freakish physicality and work ethic with learned skills, but that's conditional if trains away from Minnesota and fight in the West with top trainers and against really good big sparring partners.

I wish was 28 again, Nog and Tim and Frank and Brock and Kev.
I hope you're right. I wanted Brock to make a big splash when he came in, but he lost. However, most people don't as big of an impression as he already did with a debut loss. I hope he hones in on his skills and mental focus.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 10
lector606 MMA 6
MMA 23
robdog MMA 67
Rodja MMA 30