• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could be interesting to see which shogun shows up

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's official for sure? I saw rumors of it last night. Chuck is trying to become the "Chute Boxe Killer" or something, I guess. Shogun might be a little too wild for his own good against Chuck. We'll see what happens.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a big fan of Chuck, never was. I hope Shogun takes it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I see Shogun getting KO'd. Shogun is good and would probably beat Forrest in a rematch, but this is an awful style match up for him.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I also think that Chuck will take this one.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's official for sure? I saw rumors of it last night. Chuck is trying to become the "Chute Boxe Killer" or something, I guess. Shogun might be a little too wild for his own good against Chuck. We'll see what happens.
Did you also see the rumors about Lee Murray being extradited yesterday? I think it was the other dude that fled to Morocco with Murray and not Murray himself. My guess is he's living decently in Moroccan "prison', but if he gets sent back to the UK, it'll be far worse for him.

tattoopierced1

http://www.tatame.com/2008/02/01/Shogun--Ill-revenge-Wanderlei

Shogun: “I’ll revenge Wanderlei”

Photo by Marcelo Alonso

On the road going to Praia do Rosa in Santa Catarina, Brazil, where he will pass the carnival with his wife, Mauricio Shogun confirmed to TATAME the fight against Chuck Liddell in June in UFC. “I confirmed this fight yesterday. Everything is set to June and I hope to make a great fight and represent well my new team, the Universidade da Luta (Fight University)”, said Shogun, who is expecting to revenge the friend Wanderlei Silva, who was defeated by Liddell on UFC 79.

“Certainly I’ll revenge Wanderlei”, affirmed the athlete, who is hoping to make an exchange with Wanderlei to the fight. “He passed in Curitiba (Brazil) very fast and went to Natal (Brazil), but he call me and we talked a lot. We’re going to make an exchange yes, but I still don’t knowing when it’s going to happen. Everything depends in which strategy my team will set for this fight”, explain Shogun, who already analyze Liddell’s game.

“He has a very good Boxing and Wrestling. Liddell works his stand up game more, so sometimes can be a mistake stay trying to put him down, because it claims too much strength. I still going to set the best strategy with Alejo Morales, my brother and the rest of the team, but I can fight in stand up game with him with out problems and win this fight in stand up game”, finish Shogun.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to see Shogun wear Chuck down and finish him with Muay Thai. It's very possible, but I see it about 60/40 in Chuck's favor. Hope I'm wrong.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Did you also see the rumors about Lee Murray being extradited yesterday? I think it was the other dude that fled to Morocco with Murray and not Murray himself. My guess is he's living decently in Moroccan "prison', but if he gets sent back to the UK, it'll be far worse for him.
He was framed by Lindland, Tito, and Coay.

60/40 sounds about right. I see Chuck taking it by KO or Shogun getting a decision.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He was framed by Lindland, Tito, and Coay.

60/40 sounds about right. I see Chuck taking it by KO or Shogun getting a decision.
"Unfortunately I won't be fighting Coay, instead some Spaniard wearing ridiculous chains on his head is gettin knawked out or submihed"

I just hope Rodja doesn't do bodily harm to himself if Chuck beats another one of his boys.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Chucky is going to beat him worse than he beat Wandy.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If this fight was happening 6-7 months ago, 90% of the people in this thread would be calling this fight differently. Personally, I'm just not going to discount Shogun after his fight with Forrest. We've all seen how injuries and a lack of focus can produce a bad fight. Some fighters (CroCop) wither and drop out while others (GSP, Chuck) come back stronger. I expect Shogun to do the same. He'll be too much for Liddell.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
If this fight was happening 6-7 months ago, 90% of the people in this thread would be calling this fight differently. Personally, I'm just not going to discount Shogun after his fight with Forrest. We've all seen how injuries and a lack of focus can produce a bad fight. Some fighters (CroCop) wither and drop out while others (GSP, Chuck) come back stronger. I expect Shogun to do the same. He'll be too much for Liddell.
I'm not discounting him because forrest rolled over him like a steam roller. He was hurt. I just think that when Chuck lands a square hit, it's going to hurt him. I think Wandy has a much better shot of beating Chuck in a rematch than Shogun does. JMHO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd disagree, but that's why they fight 'em. :)

lol..And calling Forrest a steamroller gives him way too much credit, IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd disagree, but that's why they fight 'em. :)

lol..And calling Forrest a steamroller gives him way too much credit, IMO.
It was a very close fight until the last 2 minutes. The last 2 minutes Forrest was a steamroller, but the first 13 not so much.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I know what you're saying, but I just think Chuck is a bad style match up for Shogun just like Sylvia is for Nog. Nog and Shogun are better all around, but styles make fights. That said I'm non sensically picking Chuck and Nog???

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love to see Shogun wear Chuck down and finish him with Muay Thai. It's very possible, but I see it about 60/40 in Chuck's favor. Hope I'm wrong.
gotta agree here. would love to see Shogun do it, but I just see Chuck finishing him