World Victory Road is set to announce the signing of

  1. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    World Victory Road is set to announce the signing of


    Gomi =/

  2. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,361
    Answers
    0

    thats a shame, would have loved to see Penn school him again
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    The world of MMA will be severly shaken in 08 I fear.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    WVR. Who? There are too many new orgs popping and diluting the talent pool.
  5. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    World Victory Road --- From Japan.
  6. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    WVR. Who? There are too many new orgs popping and diluting the talent pool.
    I agree, too many organizations prevents good fights from happening, but then again, I don't see Dana White being the Ghengis Khan of the MMA world as fair either.

    The force was more balanced when Pride was around.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    WVR is basically PRIDE revamped. Many of the same people are running it, and they're getting back a bunch of old PRIDE fighters.
  8. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    WVR is basically PRIDE revamped. Many of the same people are running it, and they're getting back a bunch of old PRIDE fighters.
    Niiiiiice
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    WVR is basically PRIDE revamped. Many of the same people are running it, and they're getting back a bunch of old PRIDE fighters.
    Oh. I did hear something about that, but I didn't know that was the org doing it. Well, I'll take back my earlier statement. Pride never dies...
  10. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Oh. I did hear something about that, but I didn't know that was the org doing it. Well, I'll take back my earlier statement. Pride never dies...
    Pride is dead. No Fedor, Wandy, Shogun, Hendo, Nog, Anderson, Rampage, etc, it's pretty dead. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
  11. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    PRIDE is dead.
  12. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    This thread just got really depressing...

    Up side, one day until Nog hopefully smashes on Sylvia and doesn't fall under the curse of the cage like his previous Pride athletes, with the exception of Rampage of course.

    And I'm hoping to be a fan of Lesnar. How good is Mir these days? Would it be a pretty legit victory? if there was a Lesnar victory??
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Lesnars stand up is horrid.
  14. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Lesnars stand up is horrid.
    I've never watched him strike really (most of the footage I've seen on him are his college wrestling days) so I'll take your word that his striking is horrid. However, in watching his training videos, he looks like if he caught you, even with an ugly punch, it's going to cause some damage. When he hits the bag, his punches look oddly powerful, maybe not the prettiest thing in the world, but they look nasty.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Mir has been around long enough to negate it. I picked lesnar... but I think Mir's chances are really good.
  16. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Has Lesnar learned or worked with anybody on any submission skills? Or is he banking on the ground and pound?
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Hes at Minnesota MMA. They have been bringing in really big guys for him to fight but techinically hes done BJJ for 3 months or so. They say he hasn't be tapped in practice but they havent had a 250 lb Black belt in there for him to grapple with.
  18. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Lesnars stand up is horrid.
    What do you base this on? I'm sure you're right, but I'm just curious.

    A lot of the muscle-bound wrestler types seem to have trouble striking and generating power while striking. Like Matt Hughes and Coleman, and Sherk's is decent but not so powerful unless he's just not committing.

    Brock's best chances striking may be to push him up against the fence and slowly pound away until Mir tires. I still think Lesnar gets tapped in this fight.
  19. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    What do you base this on? I'm sure you're right, but I'm just curious.

    A lot of the muscle-bound wrestler types seem to have trouble striking and generating power while striking. Like Matt Hughes and Coleman, and Sherk's is decent but not so powerful unless he's just not committing.

    Brock's best chances striking may be to push him up against the fence and slowly pound away until Mir tires. I still think Lesnar gets tapped in this fight.
    He's had no training. This came straight from Nick Thompsons mouth. Hes very awkward and his punches are slow and not very crisp.
  20. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Hes at Minnesota MMA. They have been bringing in really big guys for him to fight but techinically hes done BJJ for 3 months or so. They say he hasn't be tapped in practice but they havent had a 250 lb Black belt in there for him to grapple with.
    True that. I think all he can take away from 3 short months of JJ, combined with his wrestling is using it defensively. I think his natural power will help carry him, up into the point that tank starts gassing out. But I hear his conditioning is pretty solid.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Advanced Member
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    True that. I think all he can take away from 3 short months of JJ, combined with his wrestling is using it defensively. I think his natural power will help carry him, up into the point that tank starts gassing out. But I hear his conditioning is pretty solid.
    He can do 5, 5 min rounds no problem with 5 fresh guys.
  22. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    He can do 5, 5 min rounds no problem with 5 fresh guys.
    God Dang
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Hes very awkward and his punches are slow and not very crisp.
    I see. I remember one of Bob Sapp's earlier fights in K-1 against Hoost. I knew nothing about K-1 at the time and expected Sapp to maul him, but his punches were in slow motion practically. Brock's like a smaller version of Sapp physique-wise so it makes sense.
  24. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    He can do 5, 5 min rounds no problem with 5 fresh guys.
    I'm not sure that I buy this, at least not in the actual Octagon with the adrenaline dump effect, but Mir is not going to push the pace much later in the fight to capitalize.
  25. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Yesterday's Headline News when I opened Yahoo was a picture of Brock slumped against a wall and it said, "Fake Wrestler In a Real Fight?" talking about this Saturdays fight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I see. I remember one of Bob Sapp's earlier fights in K-1 against Hoost. I knew nothing about K-1 at the time and expected Sapp to maul him, but his punches were in slow motion practically. Brock's like a smaller version of Sapp physique-wise so it makes sense.
    Yeah, Bob Sapp's punches look like slow motion movements, which is why it looked so weird when he knocked out his opponents. He would barely scrape them and they'd react like they'd been hit with a log.

    Sapp doesn't even really punch, he sort of sticks his arm out and pushes forward, that or he slowly hammer fists you to death.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I see. I remember one of Bob Sapp's earlier fights in K-1 against Hoost. I knew nothing about K-1 at the time and expected Sapp to maul him, but his punches were in slow motion practically. Brock's like a smaller version of Sapp physique-wise so it makes sense.
    You thought Sapp was gonna maul the greatest K-1 fighter of all time? Supposedly at least one of those fights was staged(Yakuza?). Sapp might be similar to Brock physique wise, but Brock is much faster and more explosive, but you knew that.
  28. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You thought Sapp was gonna maul the greatest K-1 fighter of all time? Supposedly at least one of those fights was staged(Yakuza?). Sapp might be similar to Brock physique wise, but Brock is much faster and more explosive, but you knew that.
    Like I said, I knew nothing of K-1 at the time.

    I'm sure he's more explosive, but it might be a "for his size" sort of thing. We'll see.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Finaflex is proud to announce the release of....
    By iparatroop in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-17-2013, 03:49 PM
  2. Finaflex is proud to announce the release of...
    By iparatroop in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
  5. Is there any way to kill the bloat of A-50?
    By friction515 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in