Biggest Waste of MMA Talent?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Biggest Waste of MMA Talent?


    Who is it in your opinion?


  2. Randleman, Vitor, but probably the best is Frank Shamrock.

    In the future, I could see Arlovski (great athlete but has been scared to engage/lacking confidence since Sylvia II), Fedor (start fighting people!!!), ....
    •   
       


  3. David Terrell's name pops up. Vitor, Ken Shamrock, Charles Bennett, Carlos Newton

  4. Crazyhorse is a good one. I'm not sure Terrell was that good. Besides the Lindland KO, what else did he do? I would like to see more of him, though.

  5. I might even throw Tanks name in there.
    •   
       


  6. Randelman, and F. Shamrock.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Randleman, Vitor, but probably the best is Frank Shamrock.

    In the future, I could see Arlovski (great athlete but has been scared to engage/lacking confidence since Sylvia II), Fedor (start fighting people!!!), ....
    You can't consider a guy that beat the piss out of 6 or 7 top ten guys and another 6 or 7 top 20 guys a waste of talent, ITO! That's the best career in MMA history, but I get you. Look for 3 more top 20 beatdowns and at least 3 more top 10 beatdowns.

    Why do I have some arab nation flag under my sh*t???

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Why do I have some arab nation flag under my sh*t???
    I was about to ask you the same thing. Weird. Nice sig

    I would also like to add Hightower to the list. He's a very cerebral fighter that hasn't quite achieved what he should have.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    David Terrell's name pops up. Vitor, Ken Shamrock, Charles Bennett, Carlos Newton
    i dont really think of Terrell when talking about this list. he has 2 losses and 1 came to a even tanner at the hight of tanners career.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I was about to ask you the same thing. Weird. Nice sig

    I would also like to add Hightower to the list. He's a very cerebral fighter that hasn't quite achieved what he should have.
    I wish Richie was walking by when you decided not to re-grip, he'd've been smoked.

  11. Mark Kerr
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Mark Kerr
    Rodja, why don't you post much anymore?

    I thought Kerr was gonna be unstoppable back in 96, then starting in 00 it went downhill fast. The guy was a freak athletically, and seems like a smart guy, he's just missing one little chip in his brain.

  13. Kerr is an *******.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Rodja, why don't you post much anymore?

    I thought Kerr was gonna be unstoppable back in 96, then starting in 00 it went downhill fast. The guy was a freak athletically, and seems like a smart guy, he's just missing one little chip in his brain.
    Between school and training, I am not home nearly as much. I lurk between classes, but don't have as much time to BS around here ATM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Joe Riggs.

  16. Joe Son?

  17. kimo, f shamrock, randleman, vitor

  18. Kimo? Talented? hmm.

  19. haha, well i like him. Strong build and alot of heart, tough as nails.. I used to live right next to him when i was still a kid.

  20. first thought was Randlemen of course, then Vitor and Joe Riggs. Everyone talks up Riggs like he is the 2nd coming, and yet he gets crushed more often than not

  21. Hackleman =P

  22. Ray Mercer!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Joe Son?
    Hell yeah. I was just talking about the shots Hackney gave him to his nuts.

    #1 on my list would have to be Vitor. The potential early in his career he showed was amazing. He looked so fast and unstoppable. Looking at him now, it's like you can see he has no motivation left.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso View Post
    Hell yeah. I was just talking about the shots Hackney gave him to his nuts.

    #1 on my list would have to be Vitor. The potential early in his career he showed was amazing. He looked so fast and unstoppable. Looking at him now, it's like you can see he has no motivation left.
    He really hasn't been the same since his sister was murdered. I am sure that he feels partially responsible due to his popularity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  25. Alexander Karelin but this is not really a fair statement. So I will choose Kerr.
  26. Honorable Mention


    There was a while there that I thought Overeem was going to be bad ass...then he lost seven out of his next 14 fights (granted the losses were all to big names).

    He's like a few others mentioned above in the way that he just doesn't bring it when it really counts.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  27. Kharitonov has been a disappointment too, but I have a feeling he's going to be doing good things soon.

  28. Now you're starting to make sense again.

  29. Just for Alexander's sake I'm going to nominate Fedor during the last year and a half.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Waste of $$/Scam Supplements
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
  2. Saddest waste of talent
    By Grmlock in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
  3. Who is the biggest waste of talent in sports history ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 12:30 AM
  4. Is supinating your hand a waste of time for DB curls?
    By Lean One in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
  5. Cut and then One+ = waste of effort?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:52 AM
Log in
Log in