Biggest Waste of MMA Talent?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Randleman, Vitor, but probably the best is Frank Shamrock.

In the future, I could see Arlovski (great athlete but has been scared to engage/lacking confidence since Sylvia II), Fedor (start fighting people!!!), ....

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
David Terrell's name pops up. Vitor, Ken Shamrock, Charles Bennett, Carlos Newton

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Crazyhorse is a good one. I'm not sure Terrell was that good. Besides the Lindland KO, what else did he do? I would like to see more of him, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Randleman, Vitor, but probably the best is Frank Shamrock.

In the future, I could see Arlovski (great athlete but has been scared to engage/lacking confidence since Sylvia II), Fedor (start fighting people!!!), ....
You can't consider a guy that beat the piss out of 6 or 7 top ten guys and another 6 or 7 top 20 guys a waste of talent, ITO! That's the best career in MMA history, but I get you. Look for 3 more top 20 beatdowns and at least 3 more top 10 beatdowns.

Why do I have some arab nation flag under my sh*t???

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Why do I have some arab nation flag under my sh*t???
I was about to ask you the same thing. Weird. Nice sig :lol:

I would also like to add Hightower to the list. He's a very cerebral fighter that hasn't quite achieved what he should have. :twisted:

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
David Terrell's name pops up. Vitor, Ken Shamrock, Charles Bennett, Carlos Newton
i dont really think of Terrell when talking about this list. he has 2 losses and 1 came to a even tanner at the hight of tanners career.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I was about to ask you the same thing. Weird. Nice sig :lol:

I would also like to add Hightower to the list. He's a very cerebral fighter that hasn't quite achieved what he should have. :twisted:
I wish Richie was walking by when you decided not to re-grip, he'd've been smoked.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mark Kerr
Rodja, why don't you post much anymore?

I thought Kerr was gonna be unstoppable back in 96, then starting in 00 it went downhill fast. The guy was a freak athletically, and seems like a smart guy, he's just missing one little chip in his brain.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, why don't you post much anymore?

I thought Kerr was gonna be unstoppable back in 96, then starting in 00 it went downhill fast. The guy was a freak athletically, and seems like a smart guy, he's just missing one little chip in his brain.
Between school and training, I am not home nearly as much. I lurk between classes, but don't have as much time to BS around here ATM.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha, well i like him. Strong build and alot of heart, tough as nails.. I used to live right next to him when i was still a kid.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first thought was Randlemen of course, then Vitor and Joe Riggs. Everyone talks up Riggs like he is the 2nd coming, and yet he gets crushed more often than not

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah. I was just talking about the shots Hackney gave him to his nuts.

#1 on my list would have to be Vitor. The potential early in his career he showed was amazing. He looked so fast and unstoppable. Looking at him now, it's like you can see he has no motivation left.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell yeah. I was just talking about the shots Hackney gave him to his nuts.

#1 on my list would have to be Vitor. The potential early in his career he showed was amazing. He looked so fast and unstoppable. Looking at him now, it's like you can see he has no motivation left.
He really hasn't been the same since his sister was murdered. I am sure that he feels partially responsible due to his popularity.

size

Awards
  • Established
Alexander Karelin but this is not really a fair statement. So I will choose Kerr.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honorable Mention

There was a while there that I thought Overeem was going to be bad ass...then he lost seven out of his next 14 fights (granted the losses were all to big names).

He's like a few others mentioned above in the way that he just doesn't bring it when it really counts.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kharitonov has been a disappointment too, but I have a feeling he's going to be doing good things soon.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Now you're starting to make sense again.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just for Alexander's sake I'm going to nominate Fedor during the last year and a half.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Just to keep it real original, I'll go with Lesnar, waisting all his time with fake wrestling, he should be a seasoned veteran, not getting subbed by a scrub like Frank Mir.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just to keep it real original, I'll go with Lesnar, waisting all his time with fake wrestling, he should be a seasoned veteran, not getting subbed by a scrub like Frank Mir.
I agree there. Too bade UFC wasn't around to offer him a career back then. :sad:

We need more real HW's in MMA.

Edit: It was around of course but the money wasn't there.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I agree there. Too bade UFC wasn't around to offer him a career back then. :sad:

We need more real HW's in MMA.
True. I'm with you on the "real" HW's. A true HW match I'd like to see in a year, Brock/Junior Silva. Fedor's not a true HW, but he'll own them all day. Brock has scary potential though, and not many will be able to deal with him if he comes to within 80% of his potential.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. I'm with you on the "real" HW's. A true HW match I'd like to see in a year, Brock/Junior Silva. Fedor's not a true HW, but he'll own them all day. Brock has scary potential though, and not many will be able to deal with him if he comes to within 80% of his potential.
I agree with you there.

BalcoAllStar

BalcoAllStar

Awards
When i was still a kid i remember watching Vitor Belfort absolutely destroy people and he was fighting much bigger fighters. The guy had the quickest handspeed and he was only 19..who knows what would have happened if he didnt stop fighting but from what he displayed at such a young age i have to say him..I like how Tanks name was thrown in because I dont know if any of you remember but in UFC 8 i believe he was killing people and he only lost to Don Frye because he tripped..that guy hit the hardest out of anyone i have ever seen in my opinion...if he lost his gut and didnt drink all day he may have been a dominant heavyweight for years but unfortunately he showed up sometimes and sometimes he didnt...but the reason i respect him the most is he is the only guy in UFC to my knowledge that is a true street fighter that only went into UFC so he could hurt people and he can bench press 600 pounds without taking steroids or even having a decent diet or training routine...in his day I don believe there are many people on this planet that would have been able to beat him in a bar fight.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
When i was still a kid i remember watching Vitor Belfort absolutely destroy people and he was fighting much bigger fighters. The guy had the quickest handspeed and he was only 19..who knows what would have happened if he didnt stop fighting but from what he displayed at such a young age i have to say him..I like how Tanks name was thrown in because I dont know if any of you remember but in UFC 8 i believe he was killing people and he only lost to Don Frye because he tripped..that guy hit the hardest out of anyone i have ever seen in my opinion...if he lost his gut and didnt drink all day he may have been a dominant heavyweight for years but unfortunately he showed up sometimes and sometimes he didnt...but the reason i respect him the most is he is the only guy in UFC to my knowledge that is a true street fighter that only went into UFC so he could hurt people and he can bench press 600 pounds without taking steroids or even having a decent diet or training routine...in his day I don believe there are many people on this planet that would have been able to beat him in a bar fight.
When did Vitor stop fighting? Tank fought Frye at UU 96.

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
Just as a change of pace I'll say Louiseau.

I use to love him.. a vicious dude just chopping people up.

Then he lost his heart and turned into a big vag.

:(

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitor hasn't been the same since his sis died. Can't blame the guy for that.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Vitor hasn't been the same since his sis died. Can't blame the guy for that.
Wasn't she kidnapped and held for ransom, especially b/c of his fame. And people thought GSP needed a sports psych.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't she kidnapped and held for ransom, especially b/c of his fame. And people thought GSP needed a sports psych.
Yep, it happened right before the Tito fight (which he should have won). He should get 15 minutes alone with those f'ing d-bags.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yep, it happened right before the Tito fight (which he should have won). He should get 15 minutes alone with those f'ing d-bags.
They'd be dead in 30 secs.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he'll be back...there is still time.
I hope. He seems like a really sensitive guy, not sure he'll ever get over his sister's death. Nobody gets over something like that, but you know what I mean.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to derail this thread, b/c it's actually kind of on topic...why was Ricco Rodriquez on that Celebrity Rehab show. I never really watched it, but my wife did.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You've come to the right place my friend. I watch every horrible program that is televised. Wondering what happened on Flavor of Love, My Super Sweet Sixteen, etc, just let me know:run:

Ricco didn't really have anything specific that he was there for. His main problem is gambling, but he also drinks a lot and does Coke. He was molested as a child and I guess it all stems from that. He seemed to get a lot out of the program, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going back to his old ways.