Neer v. Din Thomas Added to UFN 13

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love watching Neer fight...not a big fan of his interviews after the fights though, lol.

Good to see him back in the UFC and it would be great to see him rematch Spencer Fisher.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Neer is always entertaining. I wonder if he could ever follow a gameplan? They really don't come much tougher than Neer, regardless of his mental capacity.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Neer is as tough as hell, his post fight interviews however are like listening to Larry Bird. Its horrible

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
He is awesome to listen to lol. They guy is articulate as hell =P

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, especially if you like people who sound like they never made it out of kindergarten

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
MAIN CARD
Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Tim Boetsch* vs. Matt Hamill
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

PRELIMINARY CARD

Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Roman Mitichyan vs. George Sotiropoulos
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
They need to make this a 3 hour event.
Guida is always entertaining.
Edgar vs Maynard could be an interesting wrasslin' match.
Spencer is also entertaining as well, I'm surprised he's on the undercard I thought he was in title contention for bit there.
Plus they aren't even promoting their TUF6 guys like George and Tommy.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ask and you shall receive Ninja. Here's what mmajunkie posted:

SPIKE will make UFN 13 a 3 hour broadcast afterall. Originally it was only 2 hours which put fighters like Frankie Edgar & Clay Guida on the undercard untelevised portion.

The MMA fanbase recently kicked off a letter-writing campaign to Spike TV executives asking that the broadcast run three hours rather than the usual two. UFC President Dana White recently stated that the decision was Spike TV’s — and Spike TV’s alone — to make, which prompted a campaign fueled by MMA blogs and message boards.

Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino*
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas

http://mmajunkie.com/

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Some of the UFNs have actually been much more entertaining that the UFC PPVs. The recent TUF finale was one of the best cards too...and free! :)

Tim Boetsch is back...I wonder if he'll toss Hammil on his head like he did to David Heath?? I doubt it, but that was one of the sickest "throws" I've ever seen.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This card is almost too stacked. Cards usually have 9 fights (though there have been some exceptions lately), this one has 11. The only fight I'm not extremely interested in is Mitchiyan vs. Sotoropolous (the battle of the complicated last names). That being said, Roman seems like a psycho, and George is extremely talented, so I really want to see that fight.

Do they sell UFN DVD's? This might be worth owning.

What do you guys think about Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz? I keep thinking Diaz is in over his head, and he keeps winning decisively. The Finale vs. Gamburyan was his only terrible fight.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
MAIN CARD
Tim Boetsch* vs. Matt Hamill

PRELIMINARY CARD

Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Edgar is a title contender and deserves a fight with another contender on a ppv main card, not some undercard fight on a ufn. No disrespect to maynard, but he is a step down compared to griffin and fisher. On a side note I hope Irvin crushes alexander.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
This one is ridonkulous.

It almost pays off for the bombardment of PPV coupled with the increase in PPV price.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It is a damn good card. The pre-lims are as good as the main card, maybe better. Can't wait to see Boetsch fight again.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think Gray Maynard might be a tough fight for almost anyone at 155. His wrestling might match Edgar's, and his standup has looked solid too. Both seem to be a bit lacking in the sub game, but they match up pretty evenly overall.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Look at who edgar has fought campared to who maynard has fought......

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Look at who edgar has fought campared to who maynard has fought......
While that is true, I think Beowulf has a good point that Gray is a tough task for anyone, simply b/c of his wrestling skills. He is very good at controlling the fight. That being said, from what I've seen of Frankie, he is a great MMA wrestler as well and has faced some of the best in the LW division. Huge step up for Gray. I think Frankie will actually take Gray down and pound him out TKO style.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
While that is true, I think Beowulf has a good point that Gray is a tough task for anyone, simply b/c of his wrestling skills. He is very good at controlling the fight. That being said, from what I've seen of Frankie, he is a great MMA wrestler as well and has faced some of the best in the LW division. Huge step up for Gray. I think Frankie will actually take Gray down and pound him out TKO style.
I think Edgar takes the decision, but Gray has huge potential.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking Gray may have a size advantage. He seems like a huge 155er. I'll take Edgar too in a close decision.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking Gray may have a size advantage. He seems like a huge 155er. I'll take Edgar too in a close decision.
Lookie here, does one strongman comp, and thinks he knows everything. :D

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lookie here, does one strongman comp, and thinks he knows everything. :D
Yeah, maybe if I got a few weeks of bjj training, a couple tapout and affliction shirts, and a picture with Randy, I'd be better informed on these things. :stick: :twisted:

Kaz >> Rickson.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
lol

1st, 6 months, but who's counting.

2nd, I wouldn't be caught outside with those shirts, (just in the bathroom mirror flexing)

3rd, it's 490 pictures with Randy and assorted company.

Nobody beats Rickson. :nono:

And you're right, you just might glean wisdom from real world application if you did such things. ;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, maybe if I got a few weeks of bjj training, a couple tapout and affliction shirts, and a picture with Randy, I'd be better informed on these things. :stick: :twisted:

Kaz >> Rickson.
Rickson for the win (x400) :ntome:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
lol

1st, 6 months, but who's counting.

2nd, I wouldn't be caught outside with those shirts, (just in the bathroom mirror flexing)

3rd, it's 490 pictures with Randy and assorted company.

Nobody beats Rickson. :nono:

And you're right, you just might glean wisdom from real world application if you did such things. ;)
Have you actually rolled with Rickson or is your gym one of the gyms under his name? What Xtreme Couture guys have you rolled with? Did you meet those guys at a weekend training seminar or something like that?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You have PM.

back to the thread,

I agree with Beo regarding Maynard and Edgar. :)

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Maynard has nothing for Edgar... Gray will get smashed.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Spencer Fisher (Pictures) has been forced to withdraw from his April 2 UFC Fight Night bout against Marcus Aurelio, Sherdog.com learned Monday afternoon.

The popular lightweight known for his exciting style withdrew following a shoulder injury.

"Spencer is the kind of fighter who has fought plenty of fights with injuries and Marcus Aurelio is not the kind of fighter you want to fight at 80 percent," said the native North Carolinian's manager, Monte Cox. "He was willing to fight but we decided it just was not a smart decision."

The 31-year-old Fisher (20-4-0) was looking to rebound from a loss to Frank Edgar (Pictures) at UFC 78.

Aurelio (15-5-0) had hoped to continue the momentum he had built in his dominant stoppage win over Luke Caudillo at UFC 78 against Fisher.

He will now likely face Jim Miller, whose only loss came at the hands of Edgar. Miller (10-1-0) is riding a five-fight winning streak into his UFC debut.