Aleksander Emelianenko Expects April 11 Fight with Josh Barnett

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
**** YEAH!!!!!!

(Thats all I can muster to say. Way too excited right now.)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Great. The first one was good too. Hopefully Aleks won't give up/gas this time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. I hope Aleks takes it, but I like Barnett too, and he has to be the favorite.

Their are also rumors that Fedor will face Semmy Schilt again in April? I wish they would let Fedor fight Monson so people would shut up for awhile. Personally, I think Schilt is a bigger threat to Fedor than Monson, but I'm in the minority with that opinion. I don't really get it, a lot of people say Sylvia would give Fedor trouble, but they'll say he's fighting a can in Schilt. Schilt is an improved version of Sylvia, that actually goes for the win.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The real problem I have is that if Fedor and Barnett are fighting on the same card, WHY THE FVCK ARE THEY NOT FIGHTING EACH OTHER? Aleks should fight Monson or Semmy. It makes no sense? Which side is avoiding the fight?

I like Aleks slightly better than Barnett, and enjoy watching him bunny-hop around the ring like a 150# boxer. I sort of hope he wins, but a loss might ruin Barnett-Fedor.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Just saying Semmy is no can. Barnett and Fedor are good friends, that might be the problem. That fight needs to happen though. Barnett, IMO, is the biggest threat to Fedor. Couture, Arlovski, Werdum, not so much. Like you're saying April's M-1 card should look like this:

Fedor vs Barnett
Aleks vs Schilt
Kharitonov vs Monson (I believe Kharitonov's contract would allow)
Suloev...
Semenov....

"From Russia With Love"

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Throw in Hunt-Roman Z or Kharitonov-Hunt and WTF maybe even Magmodev-Takayama.

Barnett is a big threat to him. I still think Couture might give him a tough time. Arlovski has about 0 confidence in his chin. He needs to fight cans for a while to build himself back up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You're always butchering Magomedov's name. I like those 2 match-ups you listed. I don't think Z would have much chance against Cement head, but he does have some extraordinarily heavy hands.

I think Couture might be one of the most overrated fighters in the history of MMA. He's had 2 good wins against a injured Sylvia and the outcome of his bout with GG was effected by that headbutt/self knee. Before that, he was getting KO'd by Chuck. I think Fedor would make pretty short work of Couture, similar to Lindland. Time for me to go watch Barnett/Couture, haven't seen that for years.