Misaki's win over Akiyama ruled NC

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Following a review of the Dec. 31 bout between Yoshihiro Akiyama (Pictures) and Kazuo Misaki (Pictures), the Yarennoka executive committee has ruled the fight a No Contest.

The match ended when Akiyama was knocked out with a vicious kick to the face as he attempted to scramble to his feet. Following the bout, there was much debate whether the decisive blow had been illegal.

Akiyama's camp launched a formal protest, and last week Yarennoka executive Keiichi Sasahara said his committee would formally review the bout.

Yarennoka rules director Yuji Shimada said that before the event, officials explained that Yarennoka was different from PRIDE and would have new rules. Fighters were warned about illegal maneuvers, and the officiating committee stressed that it would likely err on the side of caution, perceiving any gray area as illegal.

With these provisions in mind, Shimada said that the Yarennoka committee stated that according to its rules, Akiyama was in a four-point position, and therefore Misaki's strike that ended the bout was illegal.

Shimada further explained that while the committee overturned the in-ring call of referee Daisuke Noguchi, there were no plans to reprimand the official due to the difficult nature of making such a call in the ring.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I re-watched it and personally feel that his hand was off the mat.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ha, I knew nobody could beat my boy legally. In reality, it's bullsh*t, Misaki deserves that win. I was really surprised Misaki recovered, Akiyama had him hurt bad.

Kegger

Awards
I replayed this in slow motion on my DVR. Akiyama was on his damn feet!!! What a bull**** ruling.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Akiyamas no bit**, but that was a bi** ruling.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing a pic. It was very close, but his hand was not yet down.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing a pic. It was very close, but his hand was not yet down.
Not yet up? I thought his hand was always down and he was attempting to get up and his hand came up along with the kick.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
That could be. I only saw a pic, so it could have been the opposite of what I thought.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not yet up? I thought his hand was always down and he was attempting to get up and his hand came up along with the kick.
It's all politics just like pro bodybuilding, j/k. I should think more things through because you offer a damn good point of view.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think somebody put this fight up in the MM thread or in a seperate thread, can't find the gif. It was extremely close, but in the flow of the fight you have to give Misaki the W, even though I'm an Akiyama fan. I'm also a huge fan of soccer kicks/stomps/Pride rules, lol.