Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ortiz Confirms Fight with Machida

Monday, January 21, 2008
by Sherdog.com Staff

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz (Pictures) has agreed to face undefeated Lyoto Machida (Pictures) on the UFC's May 24 card at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Talk of a potential Ortiz-Machida bout began earlier this month. Ortiz (15-5-1) confirmed Monday on Fight Network Radio that he would fulfill his current contract with Zuffa against the 29-year-old Brazilian.

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy," who turns 33 on Wednesday, competed only once in 2007, fighting to a hotly disputed draw with TUF 2 victor Rashad Evans (Pictures). The former 205-pound champion has more recently been seen as part of the cast of Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" on NBC.

The once-enigmatic Machida went from curiosity to contender in 2007, winning each of his four fights. Machida (12-0) punctuated his '07 campaign with a domination of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Pictures) in the Octagon in December.

The Ortiz-Machida fight will likely serve as the co-feature for the May 24 UFC card, alongside the lightweight title bout between current lightweight champion B.J. Penn (Pictures) and former champion Sean Sherk (Pictures).

Ortiz Confirms Fight with Machida

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The LHW Gatekeeper will lose, IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Didn't realize Penn/Sherk was gonna be that soon. Mullet where is me program?

Would've been competitive a year or 2 ago. Now, I think Lyoto has too many tools for Tito. Interesting fight though, never seen Lyoto against a gnp artist.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just hope Tito doesn't spend the whole fight trying to languish in a loving embrace with Lyoto.

I hope Machida's elusiveness works for TD's too, b/c Tito doesn't have much power standing, and if the Griffin fight tells us anything, when Tito gets tired (3rd rd., when Lyoto likes to pummel them), we could see Tito completely overwhelmed.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I just hope Tito doesn't spend the whole fight trying to languish in a loving embrace with Lyoto.

I hope Machida's elusiveness works for TD's too, b/c Tito doesn't have much power standing, and if the Griffin fight tells us anything, when Tito gets tired (3rd rd., when Lyoto likes to pummel them), we could see Tito completely overwhelmed.
We'll have to see how Lyoto's escapes are, because I imagine Tito will get him down at least twice. BJ controlled Lyoto pretty good on the ground, from what I remember, and vice versa. Pretty interesting fight IMO. Tito just might punish him with elbows, but I doubt it.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see Lyoto continuing to win, I dont think Tito has anythin to offer at this point. 85 looks like a great card already

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
This could be a bad stylistic match up for Machida. He's a much better fighter than Ortiz, but Tito might give him a lot of trouble. I'd still put my money on Lyoto, but it might be a preciew of the kind of fighter that can beat him.

size

Awards
  • Established
I think it is a shame that Machida has to fight Oritz. Machida has more than proven himself, he deserves a title fight.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say so as well. I would much, much rather have seen Machida/Rampage than Griffin/Rampage, but that's just me. I don't all that mind Lyoto's awkward LnP style.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people don't like Machida's style, but I get pumped seeing him fight. I just watched his fight vs. Heath again, and it was super-impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him engage more, but he makes people look very bad. Once he turned it on in the 3rd, he nearly murdered Heath.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it is a shame that Machida has to fight Oritz. Machida has more than proven himself, he deserves a title fight.
totally agree. who the fck is tito now anyway? just a name now imo, alot of guys in lhw would own tito now.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tito was a project manager on this seasons Celebrity Apprentice like two weeks ago. That's what its come down to...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I hope Tito realizes that when the UFC drops him, his "multi-million dollar business" is going to suffer.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope Tito realizes his hair is bleach blonde.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I hope Tito realizes his girlfriend looks like an alien.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope TheMouth realizes he looks like the Abominable Snow Man from Looney Tunes

Attachments

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I hope TheMouth realizes he looks like the Abominable Snow Man from Looney Tunes
Pass.....with flying colours, threw a u in there for my canadian bruv.

Mullet, you pickin up chicks from the red light district? WTF?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah homie, that's just my gf showing me some love.

:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, be nice Gimp, if you're lucky I'll show you the ones your Mom took for me.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you bought them online... I was the one you bought them from.
lol..Online.

I'm not sure about you but I get my pictures direct, no need for a middle man.

I was surprised, her forehead and brow is less sloped than yours, but her back is hairier. Genetics are weird.

Wait? Wtf is going on? Get back in your cage, the adults are speaking.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
They can't be her then. Shes too stupid to do business on her own.