Diego Sanchez is staying @ 170....

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Fighting Roan Carneiro at UFC 82.

I think he is an idiot. Way too small for that weight. He is going to ruin his career.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yup, should've dropped to 155. He's listed at 5'11", that is the shortest 5'11" I've ever seen. Probably closer to 5'9". He might beat Roan, but will never be able to beat the top guys at WW.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Koscheck absolutely handed him his ass.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Roan is a solid fighter. Diego might be a b1tch, but he's good. I think I saw a match between Diego and Marcelo Garcia, and Diego held his own. That said, I hope Diego gets smoked.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diego will be middle of the road at 170, he will be up and ocmers but that is about it. He will be the Tito Ortiz of 170. However, he might do fairly well at 155 but I think Penn and Sherk would beat him regardless.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Diego will be middle of the road at 170, he will be up and ocmers but that is about it. He will be the Tito Ortiz of 170. However, he might do fairly well at 155 but I think Penn and Sherk would beat him regardless.
That's true, he's fvcked either way, but he would have a slightly better chance of beating Penn/Sherk than GSP/Fitch. Presently he could be top 3 or 4 at 155, and probably barely make top 10 at 170.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Speaking of fighters languishing in their weight class, where do you guys think 'Ace' should move? I personally think he is done. I do not think he could cut to WW, and wouldn't fair much better at LHW.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ace is stuck. He can't beat Anderson or Hendo. Going to 170 would be insane. He might do decent at 205, but I could list 10 guys that would beat him at 205 and only 3 or 4 that could beat him at 185. I think he'll end up being UFC's gatekeeper at 185, a damn good gatekeeper.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I feel bad for him. I like Rich quite a bit, he's a seemingly very humble fighter. So respectable that it is refreshing. It isn't an arrogant Hughes-type respect either, just plain humility. I thought the fights between Anderson and himself were telling of just how noble an MMA match can be.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Diego could stay around 5 or 6 at WW possibly, but he'd get owned by GSP. His fight with Fitch was somewhat close and the Koscheck fight didn't really tell us anything. Diego might be a handful at 155, though.

Rich's chin wouldn't hold up at 205 and he couldn't bully people with his size. He wouldn't do well there IMO. He's got to hope that Hendo wins, and he can make another run at it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I feel bad for him. I like Rich quite a bit, he's a seemingly very humble fighter. So respectable that it is refreshing. It isn't an arrogant Hughes-type respect either, just plain humility. I thought the fights between Anderson and himself were telling of just how noble an MMA match can be.
Yeah, glad to see that you to see Hughes' humbleness isn't legit. That was nice to see the respect between Anderson and Rich. How about the brit-thug-banger-to-be's hugging after the 2nd round and almost doing a little slow dance at the beginning of the 3rd. Taylor is wicked, but Kelly is more complete.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Diego could stay around 5 or 6 at WW possibly, but he'd get owned by GSP. His fight with Fitch was somewhat close and the Koscheck fight didn't really tell us anything. Diego might be a handful at 155, though.

Rich's chin wouldn't hold up at 205 and he couldn't bully people with his size. He wouldn't do well there IMO. He's got to hope that Hendo wins, and he can make another run at it.
I really don't think Rich has anything for Hendo. Like you were saying, that he wouldn't do well at 205, those are the same reasons that he'd get handled by Hendo. I speak of the Hendo that fought Rampage, not the one that fought Misaki. Rich's lack of KO power and his suspect chin will never allow him to be champ in the MMA world today.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Rich has KO power, but yeah he would get owned by Hendo. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just meant that he should never fight Anderson again (and he probably doesn't want to). Tough dudes seem like pvssies when they fight Anderson. Rich fought 3 rounds with a broken hand and fvcked up ankle, but looked like he wanted to quit against AS. Marquardt was similar after tasting a few punches.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He has decent KO power, but he wouldn't be likely to KO any decent chinned 205ers. I mean let me use a little MMAmath on you. Look how Rivera handled Rich's best shots, then look at what my boy T-Mar did to Rivera:twisted:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ha. Let's make it T-mart for his nickname. So your boys are now T-mart and E-fed. Not suer that I've ever seen Rivera's fight with Rich.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
T-mart it is. Franklin/Rivera was a good fight. Lot's of dirty boxing. Rich gets clipped pretty good at one point I think. Rich wins with an armbar with very little time remaining. Both were pretty beat up after that fight

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
T-mart it is. Franklin/Rivera was a good fight. Lot's of dirty boxing. Rich gets clipped pretty good at one point I think. Rich wins with an armbar with very little time remaining. Both were pretty beat up after that fight
Does rich ever not get clipped? The crow, Tanner, Jorge,.....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Does rich ever not get clipped? The crow, Tanner, Jorge,.....
The guy is always looking up at the damn clock. What does he think he's gonna see? Sometimes he'll look up there every 10 seconds for a minute in the middle of the round? Obviously that's not why he's getting clipped. Him and Arlovski should focus their training on taking shots, can you do that?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The guy is always looking up at the damn clock. What does he think he's gonna see? Sometimes he'll look up there every 10 seconds for a minute in the middle of the round? Obviously that's not why he's getting clipped. Him and Arlovski should focus their training on taking shots, can you do that?
Wasn't that what Wandy was doing on All Access? It seemed to work.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Although Diego Sanchez (17-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) previously announced that he would face Roan Carneiro at UFC 82, the UFC welterweight yesterday issued a new MySpace bulletin stating that his opponent would instead be David Bielkheden (12-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC).