6 Wilson Gouveia KO (Punch) 2 0:37
7 Marcus Davis KO (Punch) 1 1:04
8 Fabricio Werdum TKO (Strikes) 2 4:34
9 B.J. Penn Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 2

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You should definitely put spoiler in the title of the thread, and the title itself kind of indicates that Penn won. Didn't spoil it for me, just saying. You should change it to "UFC 80 results and discussion thread"

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Penn needs to keep his condition. I think he can beat sherk, and hold the title.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, let me start this off by saying vika is a ****, and the !!!!! spoiled it for me right from the start. Thanks bud, lol.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Well, let me start this off by saying vika is a ****, and the !!!!! spoiled it for me right from the start. Thanks bud, lol.
I agree that the thread title is a bad idea... needs a spoiler warning.

However, if you really don't want to know the outcome of a fight that is over before you watch it, do not get on the internet, period.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, but I deliberately avoid any sites where it would be spoiled for me. I just refreshed the 'New Posts' button to do some work for USP and saw:

penn!!!!!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
True, but I deliberately avoid any sites where it would be spoiled for me. I just refreshed the 'New Posts' button to do some work for USP and saw:

penn!!!!!
LOL, well he could have meant it like "penn!!! oh no!!!"

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Good lookin' out whoever changed the thread title.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, no way. vika is from Hawaii. If Penn would have lost it would have been:

This is Vika's Sister, He Has Committed Suicide.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no real surprises. waiting to see if the guy here who thought stevenson would win actually is going to show his face at this point

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Haha, no way. vika is from Hawaii. If Penn would have lost it would have been:

This is Vika's Sister, He Has Committed Suicide.
this is vika grow up fags, and i dont have a sister if i did we dont joke around like that. and it wasnt a spoiler anyone thats into MMA would have just went to sherdog.. I dont care I DO WAT I LIKE

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is vika grow up fags, and i dont have a sister if i did we dont joke around like that. and it wasnt a spoiler anyone thats into MMA would have just went to sherdog.. I dont care I DO WAT I LIKE
Well, my rotund little man, I was making a joke and you should possibly learn how to take one. I was just making a crack at how tightly you squeeze BJ's Hilo Pineapples, so coordinate your attitude with your 'surfer body type' (pudgy and short, apparently) and calm down. I realize you do 'what' you like, including deviating from the English language whenever you please. It was a joke pookie.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up, especially on letting us know that it's you, as if your handle wouldn't suffice. So if you had a sister you guys wouldn't have a sense of humor? Cool. And you "do wat you like", so you're inconsiderate. How do you consider these traits respectable? I'd like to add that your boy "Da Spyder" has had two great performances in his last 2 fights:rant:

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Well, my rotund little man, I was making a joke and you should possibly learn how to take one. I was just making a crack at how tightly you squeeze BJ's Hilo Pineapples, so coordinate your attitude with your 'surfer body type' (pudgy and short, apparently) and calm down. I realize you do 'what' you like, including deviating from the English language whenever you please. It was a joke pookie.
short and fat right, this little man would love for you to come to hawaii so i can teach you a thing or 2, and yes my english does suck but I dont care cause im from Hawaii, its better suckin at english than suckin on ya sister tits right, i mean you inbread bastards think your a big deal because you got big arms? please.. and no im not considerate when it comes down to MMA if it happend and you didnt see it or was waiting for the PPV than grow up this aint xmas when you was 12 and told you you had to eat your breakfast be4 you open gifts aight grow up **** happends .

I mean i would tease me about my english and always kinda pick on me to since i live in hawaii make umm idk 10X more money than you i get to see hot chicks all day and my wife aint related to me i mean thats stuff to be jealous about right MULLET, a type of fish that growns in dirty ass canals whihc we throw away so a great name for you.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
short and fat right, this little man would love for you to come to hawaii so i can teach you a thing or 2, and yes my english does suck but I dont care cause im from Hawaii, its better suckin at english than suckin on ya sister tits right, i mean you inbread bastards think your a big deal because you got big arms? please.. and no im not considerate when it comes down to MMA if it happend and you didnt see it or was waiting for the PPV than grow up this aint xmas when you was 12 and told you you had to eat your breakfast be4 you open gifts aight grow up **** happends .

I mean i would tease me about my english and always kinda pick on me to since i live in hawaii make umm idk 10X more money than you i get to see hot chicks all day and my wife aint related to me i mean thats stuff to be jealous about right MULLET, a type of fish that growns in dirty ass canals whihc we throw away so a great name for you.
I must admit, you are pretty damn entertaining. Why do you care how much money people make, that's pretty pathetic. BTW, aren't you a car salesman, not the most glamerous job. Mullet is probably working on the cure for some type of cancer. I'm not trying to fight with you though, you're a good guy, but you might need to learn a bit of respect. Spoiling sh*t for people aint cool, I mean come on.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

How insecure are you? You just:

1) Threatened somebody with physical violence over the internet, probably the most wasteful expenditure of energy I've ever seen.

2) Boasted about your income, which, believe me, I really do not care about.

3) Attempted to belittle me on the quality of 'hot chicks' in your area, compared to me 'sucking on your sistas tits".

First of all, you live in Hawaii and I live in Canada, so either of us slinging Testosterone **** at each other over who would win in a fight is pretty ridiculous.

Secondly, you do probably make more money than me. I have one source of income which is with USP Labs, and aside from that I live off of scholarships, bursaries, and student loans. Rest assured though I am happy with the direction of my life and have no concern for how much money I and/or you currently make.

Thirdly, I am pretty ****ing secure when it comes to my girl, and girls I've had in the past. Alex, jas, Sir Savage, they can all vouch for the 'hot chick(s)' I am and have dated, but that is neither here nor there. I love my girl, and could consequently give a flying ****ing pineapple about how many 'hot chicks' you masturbate to while sitting outside there window with a sea shell plugging your 'okole'.

It seems like you have little man syndrome and lash out the only way you know how when you're threatened-with threats of violence. That may work for the little dip**** friends you know, but it will not here. Learn how to take a joke or beat it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
this is Vika fag boy go bak to your dirty ass canal MULLETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im 100x richer so fuk off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

1) Threatened somebody with physical violence over the internet, probably the most wasteful expenditure of energy I've ever seen.

3) Attempted to belittle me on the quality of 'hot chicks' in your area, compared to me 'sucking on your sistas tits".

First of all, you live in Hawaii and I live in Canada, so either of us slinging Testosterone **** at each other over who would win in a fight is pretty ridiculous.

Secondly, you do probably make more money than me. I have one source of income which is with USP Labs, and aside from that I live off of scholarships, bursaries, and student loans. Rest assured though I am happy with the direction of my life and have no concern for how much money I and/or you currently make.

Thirdly, I am pretty ****ing secure when it comes to my girl, and girls I've had in the past. Alex, jas, Sir Savage, they can all vouch for the 'hot chick(s)' I am and have dated, but that is neither here nor there. I love my girl, and could consequently give a flying ****ing pineapple about how many 'hot chicks' you masturbate to while sitting outside there window with a sea shell plugging your 'okole'.

It seems like you have little man syndrome and lash out the only way you know how when you're threatened-with threats of violence. That may work for the little dip**** friends you know, but it will not here. Learn how to take a joke or beat it.
Mullet banged my old girl and then she ditched me so I can vouch for him. Mullet, you little rascal. :nono:

Vika/Augustine quit being such a little *****. You put a spoiler in the title that ruined that fight for me. I came on here to look at people's picks figuring that no one would be dumb enough to post spoilers in a thread title but I guess I was wrong. Are you just pissed because your boy Kendell got owned again by a nobody?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
WTF happened to GG by the way. It seems like he just gave up. Is he my Terry Martin now? He didn't set up his kicks well and for the 2nd straight fight got beat up in the clinch. He's got some serious power in his legs, though.

There were some great KO's, Davis', Wilson's, Jorge's...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand GG. I guess I had way overrated him. If things aren't going his way he seems to kind of fold. Will we see a re-match of Werdum/Nog for the HW title by the end of the year?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I guess the GG > Nog thing makes me look pretty stupid now. He seemed to be manhandling Werdum, but then Werdum made adjustments and started landing some nice punches when GG went for the leg kicks. Then GG goes into CC mode and only tries RHKs. Fvcking weird man. He needs to toughen up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, with a few adjustments GG could give Nog hell. GG is a dominator, and if he isn't dominating he seems to look for the exit a bit, kind of like the brazilian thunderfist.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'll agree with that. The best part of that fight was that GG came out to "Mother".

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
"Mother" is the sh*t, had me pumped. Ever seen Danzig fight? Damn, tried to embed the vid, wouldn't let me. Youtube Glenn Danzig, if you haven't already seen it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The video isn't working, but if it's where some body guard KOs him hard then yeah I've seen it. lol Isn't Danzig like 5'3'' or something?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's a bodyguard. I'm pretty sure it's a member from another band, but yeah you've already seen it. I don't think he's super short, but he's definitely a stiff studio lifter. I've heard stories about him starting lots of sh*t and never backing it up, just stories though.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the Mouth knows him. (just messing with you) The other dude was a bouncer I think. I just wasn't thinking. He looks like the type who would only has a tough image but is not really a physical threat.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Dunno. I don't think BJ looked that great performance-wise. Why didn't he finish it when Daddy got cut? Why didit take him so long to finish? And he looked GASSED at the end of it. Maybe it's just me but if I'm Sherk, I'm feeling REALLY good about now. Oh and Danzig's a dwarf.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established

HAHA umm ok sorry sir sorry, man you got big arms you got a permit for thoose guns?

For all thoose who i spoiled the fight for sorry, maybe you shouldnt have read it, you shoulda been sitting on the couch instead of the computer,
unlike the rest of you im not gonna sit on my ass for 2 hrs to watch to see who is gonna win, jump on sherdog find out who wins woopie doo, leave and go work out ,because in the end i dotn care if a fricken 500lbs girl beats the **** out of Bj penn , if it doesnt effect me or my family Oh well

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dunno. I don't think BJ looked that great performance-wise. Why didn't he finish it when Daddy got cut? Why didit take him so long to finish? And he looked GASSED at the end of it. Maybe it's just me but if I'm Sherk, I'm feeling REALLY good about now. Oh and Danzig's a dwarf.

Yeah, it wasn't that exciting of a fight because I think Joe was good enough to neutralize BJ a little on the ground, but it's hard to argue that BJ wasn't in the driver's seat the entire fight.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Are you just pissed because your boy Kendell got owned again by a nobody?
Hey, that's not nice :rasp:

Rivera is a solid fighter. He lasted longer than Franklin did with Anderson, and his fight with Rich was a war. I'd like to see him rematch Martin with a better game plan. When that fight happened, Martin had only taken Irvin down before going sleepytime post-flying knee. I think most fighters will now have a good strategy against Martin--survive the barrage, then tuck his delicate chin to sleep.

BTW, how sick will Taylor be if he can get some TD defense/BJJ/sweeps down? He's great to see fight.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly vika please stop, its sad at this point.

regarding the discussion of GG, I was surprised at how quick he crumbled, I expected more and am even more suprised that Werdum gets the next shot. I do have to say I love watching marcus davis fight, he might now be great, but he is fun as hell and always goes 100%

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it wasn't that exciting of a fight because I think Joe was good enough to neutralize BJ a little on the ground, but it's hard to argue that BJ wasn't in the driver's seat the entire fight.
Oh no Jas, BJ was TOTALLY in the driver's seat the entire way. I just feel like it took much longer than it should have. On the endurance aspect, he looked pretty wasted. Could be from cutting his walk-around blubber. At any rate, all of these exotic forms of training ( BJ's hyper-baric chamber, Wandy's snorkel training, etc) don't seem to amount to fcuk-all when it comes to fight-time. Methinks he's gonna have a helluva time w/Sherk unless he finds a way to up his wind capacity.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most people don't like BJ because of his cocky attitude, which in all honesty, if I weren't a fan, I'd be seriously annoyed too, but luckily I am a fan and I think it's hilarious. I loved his abs comment when they asked about his conditioning.

I loved the Penn vs Stevenson fight and I hope BJ smashes Sherk (a smash is not likely, I know Sherk is a little beast, but I hope BJ wins).

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I think BJ is currently good for 3-4 SOLID sounds.

Another 3 months may give him that last round for solid cardio.

**** advanced snorkel training BS. You just need to elevate your heart rate to a certain level for a certain period of time, and be able to be effective under those conditions.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I never really had a problem w/BJ's attitude. Even from TUF. He seems like a pretty stand-up guy. Confidence is rarely a bad thing.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I never really had a problem w/BJ's attitude. Even from TUF. He seems like a pretty stand-up guy. Confidence is rarely a bad thing.
Neither do I, but you can understand why others might, right? Too much confidence is annoying. Kissing Hughes on the mouth 10 seconds after choking him out is a bit obnoxious. I don't really like Hughes that much, kind of felt he deserved something like that, just saying.

Fedor=Confident
BJ=Cocky

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Fedor=Confident
BJ=Cocky
Easy to be confident when you're kicking around cans. :twisted:

BJ's just weird to me. He's cocky, but socially he's just weird, almost like he has bad ADHD or something. Hughes = a humble confidence of a hardworking midwesterner with a no-nonsense attitude that comes from basketball at the local rec center.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hughes = a humble confidence of a hardworking midwesterner with a no-nonsense attitude that comes from basketball at the local rec center.
And/or the biggest prick in MMA.

:twisted:

(though I think, or hope, you were joking anyway)

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
And/or the biggest prick in MMA.

:twisted:

(though I think, or hope, you were joking anyway)
Exactly! I can't stand Hughes!!! But I've not even the slightest prob w/BJ. Always thought Crocop was a pr!ck, too. Glad he got taken down a notch.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hey, that's not nice :rasp:

Rivera is a solid fighter. He lasted longer than Franklin did with Anderson, and his fight with Rich was a war. I'd like to see him rematch Martin with a better game plan. When that fight happened, Martin had only taken Irvin down before going sleepytime post-flying knee. I think most fighters will now have a good strategy against Martin--survive the barrage, then tuck his delicate chin to sleep.

BTW, how sick will Taylor be if he can get some TD defense/BJJ/sweeps down? He's great to see fight.
Yeah, Jorge's not that bad or maybe you're on team Dagger? :lol:

Yes, I was kidding Mullet, but I still sort of like Hughes. I grew up in an environment of guys being a-holes to each other in a fvck around manner so I get Hughes to some extent. I don't dig the bible-beater thing, though.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Matt Hughes is an icon. Minus the bible banger BS

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Easy to be confident when you're kicking around cans. :twisted:

BJ's just weird to me. He's cocky, but socially he's just weird, almost like he has bad ADHD or something. Hughes = a humble confidence of a hardworking midwesterner with a no-nonsense attitude that comes from basketball at the local rec center.
Yeah, you don't have to be confident to face a 7'3" 380# K-1 elite. p.s. I have no sense of humor.

Check this out. Everyone is all over Anderson's nuts right. Anderson supposedly walks around about 25 pounds lighter than the almightly Fedya. Do you think Anderson could beat HMC in MMA. Hell no. Neither could hardly any of the HW's. I think I'm getting cabin fever. Mullet, GSP has talked about moving to MW and even possibly LHW at some point. You think he could beat HMC in an MMA fight, nope. Even Noguiera would take a worse beatdown than he did against Sapp if he fought HMC. HMC would make Sylvia his b*tch.

HMC=top 5 HW MMA fighter! Now he just has to prove it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you don't have to be confident to face a 7'3" 380# K-1 elite. p.s. I have no sense of humor.

Check this out. Everyone is all over Anderson's nuts right. Anderson supposedly walks around about 25 pounds lighter than the almightly Fedya. Do you think Anderson could beat HMC in MMA. Hell no. Neither could hardly any of the HW's. I think I'm getting cabin fever. Mullet, GSP has talked about moving to MW and even possibly LHW at some point. You think he could beat HMC in an MMA fight, nope. Even Noguiera would take a worse beatdown than he did against Sapp if he fought HMC. HMC would make Sylvia his b*tch.

HMC=top 5 HW MMA fighter! Now he just has to prove it.
Nog would slap on a textbook armbar on him just like Fedor did. Why would take a beating? Do you think Fedor's armbar is better than Nog's?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
In that situation with a monster on top of you, hell yes Fedor's armbar is better. How many times have you seen Nog armbar somebody from the bottom. Nog doesn't have the explosiveness that Fedor has, nor the strength. HMC even managed to get out of the first one, showing freakish strength. Fedor's armbars are dynamic and he has a uniqueness to them. Why didn't Nog slap one on Sapp instead of taking a tremendous beatdown. Nog would've put an armbar on Choi and Choi would pick him up and slam him.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
HMC is huge, but not as dense as Sapp. Armbarring Sapp is way harder IMO. When HMC raised up there was a ton of space for Fedor to transition to armbar because of his size. Apples to oranges IMO. You may be right about the explosiveness, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Sapp is much stronger than Choi. LeBanner who has fought both says that clinching up with Choi is unreal. His bones are so thick and he is extremely strong. I guess armbarring Choi might be easier than Sapp. I would like to see Choi fight MMA, I think people will be surprised how good he is or can be. Unfortunately we'll never see him in the UFC since he is over 100 pounds over the weight limit. I'd like to see him face Fujita, Kharitonov, Sapp in MMA, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 8
Tomahawk88 MMA 20
jas123 MMA 32
dynomite MMA 21
LakeMountD MMA 57