UFC 85 Rumors

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Date: May 24
Venue: TBA
Broadcast: TBA

Sean Sherk vs. B.J. Penn/Joe Stevenson (for lightweight title)
Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Why do they keep fighting Rashad Evans? Ever since his fight with Tito Ortiz, it is not worth watching him fight. It looks like he doesnt want to be in the ring when he fights... Like he doesnt want to hit and doesnt want to get hit, so he just dances around a bit and thats all...

He is boring.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
THat fight could be very brutal on poor rashad. I dont get why he doesnt cut to 185. I mean I believe he wrestled around that weight

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
He did wrestle at like 187.5 or something.

The gap between elite @ 205 and the run of the mill is how big the cut is. Rampage, Hendo, Liddell, and even Wandy are tons bigger than guys like Rashad, Hammil and Bisping.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hendo? He may have 205-210 against Page, but that's tiny. Wand has a smaller frame, and I'd say 205 is really too big for him in the weightcutting envrionment of American MMA. I don't think Hammil's small at all. He has a solid frame on him.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Hendo? He may have 205-210 against Page, but that's tiny. Wand has a smaller frame, and I'd say 205 is really too big for him in the weightcutting envrionment of American MMA. I don't think Hammil's small at all. He has a solid frame on him.
Standing next to Tito all of them are small. And Tito cuts from mid 220s.

Hendo is huge in person. I was with him, Baroni and Newton in Canada... Makes Baroni/Newton look like little kids.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree that Tito is a giant. He made Liddell look a little small in their last fight.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Tito was in Des Moines for our fights at Toad Holler back in 2000 before he became a starlet... super different in person than on TV... But hes got to be one of the widest people I have ever met.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tito was in Des Moines for our fights at Toad Holler back in 2000 before he became a starlet... super different in person than on TV... But hes got to be one of the widest people I have ever met.
May friend who i thought was a giant met Tito at E3 in Los Angeles and took a picture with him, and Tito made him look like a little boy. I had no clue Tito was that big and wide like you said.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Pretty ridiculous isn't it. Its also fun to stand by a guy like Nick Thompson that fights at 170 and have him dwarf me... I'm 6'0 220./

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He did wrestle at like 187.5 or something.

The gap between elite @ 205 and the run of the mill is how big the cut is. Rampage, Hendo, Liddell, and even Wandy are tons bigger than guys like Rashad, Hammil and Bisping.
I think Rashad could do fairly well at 185, not elite mind you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
jas123 MMA 33
TheMouth MMA 41
TheMouth MMA 31
jas123 MMA 46