UFC 83: I Predict a Brutal KO

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say Alexander by flying knee (see if anyone remembers teh Terry Martin fight)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Irvin can win the fight in a number of ways, but I'm not sure that he's good enough to. If he can keep Houston on the outside (probably easier said than done but he has a huge reach advantage), James could KO him potentially. And of course the ground is always an option. I'd rather see a slugfest on the feet though.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Houston's been a friend of mine since 2000, but he is a one trick pony. Unless hes done some serious BJJ stuff in 3 months James take this one.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know if I agree, Irvin will be susceptible to Houston standing. However if it goes to the ground Houston is in deep doo doo

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I dont know if I agree, Irvin will be susceptible to Houston standing.
You might be right, but from what I've seen in his fights (which have all been brief) Houston only seems to strike well in close and not at a distance. I don't really think that Irvin is UFC caliber, though, so he'd probably get swarmed and beaten badly on the feet.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Money says Houston will be tentative to rush again.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
You know Houston, so you obviously have a better sense of him, but I would expect him to rush right to business this time. Isn't T.Silva a BJJ blackbelt? I've never seen Irvin do much on the ground, other than defend T. Martin's GNP. Does he have grappling skills?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Never seen Irvin do much on the ground. Bonnar made him look like a rookie. I see Houston picking up another KO.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You know Houston, so you obviously have a better sense of him, but I would expect him to rush right to business this time. Isn't T.Silva a BJJ blackbelt? I've never seen Irvin do much on the ground, other than defend T. Martin's GNP. Does he have grappling skills?
0 ground skills and limited wrestling.

He is a power lifter.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember the fight with Bonnar, that was just downright ugly for Irvin. Both fighters will slug it out, but I expect Houston to get the KO

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Considering how long he's been fighting, how can he be so bad on the ground? Does he not even try to learn?
When you come up fighting for Chad Mason. You get fights you can win how you want to.

This is his first attempt at REAL MMA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMAguy MMA 200
bighulksmash MMA 51
bighulksmash MMA 12
C Rex MMA 3
MMA 272