Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.
    What can I say, I'm the Katt Williams of the MMA forum.


  2. I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.
    I like your thinking!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

    I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.

    EDIT:

    Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.

    I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

    But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

    But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.
    Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?
    •   
       


  6. I remember Penn stuffing GSP through the first 2 rounds, and then a tired Penn being taken down a few times in the 3rd, no?

  7. Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

    For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

    BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?
    Yeah that's right.
    But he had 3 or 4 in the last two rounds. My point was that yes Penn may have stuffed him a couple times in the first round but overall he wasn't kept from taking BJ down.
    Josh K. stuffed him a couple times, that's just the way it goes. Your not going to secure a take down every time you try.

  9. True, but I was more trying to show that if BJ can control the takedowns of such dominant wrestlers, than Joe Mommy (I'm stealing that, it's pretty funny) has no chance of taking him down, IMO.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

    For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

    BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.

    I believe you are looking at this fight one sided. If all that you say is accurate BJ would have won, but he didn't. And I know you could argue that he could have won but he didn't. The takedowns secured GSP victory. You can argue that BJ was tired in the third round or it was "a mutual falling" whatever that is but that's all part of the game.
    Why did the fight not go the other way, with GSP getting tired and then BJ taking him down. That never happened.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    True, but I was more trying to show that if BJ can control the takedowns of such dominant wrestlers, than Joe Mommy (I'm stealing that, it's pretty funny) has no chance of taking him down, IMO.

    I see your point and your completely correct. Joe Mommy has absolutely no chance of winning.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I believe you are looking at this fight one sided. If all that you say is accurate BJ would have won, but he didn't. And I know you could argue that he could have won but he didn't. The takedowns secured GSP victory. You can argue that BJ was tired in the third round or it was "a mutual falling" whatever that is but that's all part of the game.
    Why did the fight not go the other way, with GSP getting tired and then BJ taking him down. That never happened.
    I never said BJ should have won. You are right, it could have gone either way, but it didn't because GSP was most likely awarded points for those takedowns in terms of both aggression and octagon control. Honestly, he probably won because of the final takedown with :55 left. That probably cemented the win.

    He also had very nice punches and leg kicks throughout the fight, points for aggression there as well.

    My point was that BJ controlled GSP's wrestling, because he did. That's really the only aspect I was mentioning.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I never said BJ should have won. You are right, it could have gone either way, but it didn't because GSP was most likely awarded points for those takedowns in terms of both aggression and octagon control. Honestly, he probably won because of the final takedown with :55 left. That probably cemented the win.

    He also had very nice punches and leg kicks throughout the fight, points for aggression there as well.

    My point was that BJ controlled GSP's wrestling, because he did. That's really the only aspect I was mentioning.
    I completely agree with this. Penn did a great job of controlling GSP's wrestling and he will put a beating on Joe Momma's boy.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I see your point and your completely correct. Joe Mommy has absolutely no chance of winning.
    Neither did Matt Serra, Gonzaga, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander vs Jardine. Anyone that still says Joe has no chance isn't paying attention.

    I will tell you how he has a great chance, use his very improved boxing, great wrestling and great JJ. All you have to do is make Penn gas himself out with a few submission attempts and he is done for.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Neither did Matt Serra, Gonzaga, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander vs Jardine. Anyone that still says Joe has no chance isn't paying attention.

    I will tell you how he has a great chance, use his very improved boxing, great wrestling and great JJ. All you have to do is make Penn gas himself out with a few submission attempts and he is done for.
    True, but those were upsets for a reason. I think Joe has a chance, but if you break it down skill-for-skill, it isn't great. Anybody who would say Joe is a favourite isn't paying attention.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

    You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?
    anything you would like to say after the sheer domination that was the fight?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    anything you would like to say after the sheer domination that was the fight?
    BJ will get smashed by Sherk.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    BJ will get smashed by Sherk.
    just like joe daddy did right?



    I am just having alittle fun busting balls since you were so certain joe would win

  19. Penn to win over Sherk is my call. Penn seems to be more more skilled but the one thing Sherk has over Penn in my opinion is endurance and heart....if he can make it go over 3 rounds I think he will do it. But I predict another submission by Penn

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just like joe daddy did right?



    I am just having alittle fun busting balls since you were so certain joe would win
    That was a heart pick, not a head pick. I just hate BJ Penn =)

  21. damn this started out as a full on attack on BJ....makes me think some people are just racist.

    come on i cant believe you think joe stevenson was gonna put bj away! Look what happen. Just like what he did to Pulver, just toying with them really he could end it with subs so many times but just puts on a show for the fans to prove he is the top pound for pound. If that showing was not impressive i dont know what planet you haters are from.

    Mark my words, BJ Penn is going to have that title for a long time kinda like how Silva is doing in his class. Sherk is going to get owned just the same lol...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    BJ will get smashed by Sherk.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    damn this started out as a full on attack on BJ....makes me think some people are just racist.

    come on i cant believe you think joe stevenson was gonna put bj away! Look what happen. Just like what he did to Pulver, just toying with them really he could end it with subs so many times but just puts on a show for the fans to prove he is the top pound for pound. If that showing was not impressive i dont know what planet you haters are from.

    Mark my words, BJ Penn is going to have that title for a long time kinda like how Silva is doing in his class. Sherk is going to get owned just the same lol...
    Are you serious, racist? People that call racism for know reason are usually the racists themselves or just stupidly paranoid. These guys don't like BJ because of his cockiness, which is understandable. I don't mind BJ, he has a right to be cocky, but doing stuff like kissing Hughes on the mouth 10 seconds after he choked him out is obnoxious. BJ is one of the best in the world, but he's not exactly humble. Racism, for what?

  24. Yeah, I think despising arrogance is a universal trait, PP. I don't think their unbridled hatred for BJ was racially-charged. A 'pretentious prick' is a 'pretentious prick' in any colour. Believe me, I know.


  25. That was a great performance by BJ, but do you think he could've gone 5 rounds if he had to? He seemed really gassed after the fight. I know it's hard to gauge with BJ when he's tired or not, but all that leaning on people and strange breathing. IDK, he says he's in amazing shape now, I'm not so sure. Opinions?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 03:14 PM
  2. Full Arsenal To Winner Of This Contest Plus More!!!!
    By pistonpump in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Log in
Log in