Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. THANK YOU!!! point made

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.

2. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Joe Daddy is big enough to be a 170er. He is as big as Hughes when bulked. He will toss BJ around and has enough BJJ knowledge to stuff anything thrown at him. BJ will get dominated.
    we saw him do real well with a mediocre Josh Neer at 170lbs
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    And... if he is top 2-3 fighters in the world... that putes Hughes, GSP and Royoto Machida above him... since he lost to all 3 in the last 3 years.
    Hew is top 2-3 in the world P4P. He fought machida at 205 which is 50lbs more than his natural weight. Regarding GSP, that was a close decision and many thought it could go either way, and if I recall he did get hurt against Hughes. Besides the fact that he is not the best at 170, nor would most
    155lbers be.

4. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    I forgot you can win a fight by winning 4 rounds and getting KO'd in the 5th. Almost doesn't count. BJ Was battered by GSP and was a mess after the fight.
    you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night

5. LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.
    •   

6. He will down right smash joe.......

7. i watched that over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night

8. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.
    And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly

9. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Pulver so badly.
    I have to agree here. He is world class, but he needs to be motivated. My feeling is when motivated and in shape at 155 he should beat anyone at that weight

10. Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.
    understood, joe had neer early but as he said in the post fight interview he shot is load on the knee bar and wasnt the same after that

11. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    NSCA - CSCS

12. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly
    Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.
    Good points
    NSCA - CSCS

14. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post

I see where you're coming from, but you don't think Joe is gonna beat B.J., do you?

15. I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.

16. well said Jas. Joe is a very good fighter but not at the level of BJ..... case closed

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.
    Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people.
    Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.
    You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.
    True dat. I was just being my usual a-hole self.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.
    What can I say, I'm the Katt Williams of the MMA forum.

22. I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.

23. Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.
    I like your thinking!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

EDIT:

I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.

25. Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.
    Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?

26. I remember Penn stuffing GSP through the first 2 rounds, and then a tired Penn being taken down a few times in the 3rd, no?

27. Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?
    Yeah that's right.
    But he had 3 or 4 in the last two rounds. My point was that yes Penn may have stuffed him a couple times in the first round but overall he wasn't kept from taking BJ down.
    Josh K. stuffed him a couple times, that's just the way it goes. Your not going to secure a take down every time you try.

29. True, but I was more trying to show that if BJ can control the takedowns of such dominant wrestlers, than Joe Mommy (I'm stealing that, it's pretty funny) has no chance of taking him down, IMO.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.

I believe you are looking at this fight one sided. If all that you say is accurate BJ would have won, but he didn't. And I know you could argue that he could have won but he didn't. The takedowns secured GSP victory. You can argue that BJ was tired in the third round or it was "a mutual falling" whatever that is but that's all part of the game.
    Why did the fight not go the other way, with GSP getting tired and then BJ taking him down. That never happened.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  2. Full Arsenal To Winner Of This Contest Plus More!!!!
    By pistonpump in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM