Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly
    Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.
    Good points
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Elite Member

And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly
    I see where you're coming from, but you don't think Joe is gonna beat B.J., do you?
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

well said Jas. Joe is a very good fighter but not at the level of BJ..... case closed
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.
    Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people.
    Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.
  9. Elite Member

I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.
    You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.
    True dat. I was just being my usual a-hole self.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.
    What can I say, I'm the Katt Williams of the MMA forum.
  12. New Member

I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    I'd really like to see Stevenson beat Penn, but I'd also like to see Sherk get ahold of him after all the junk BJ said.
    I like your thinking!
  14. New Member

EDIT:

I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I rewatched the GSP Penn fight last night. BJ did not stuff GSP.. GSP did take him down numerous times, thats how he won the fight.
    GSP has yet to get out wrestled by anyone.

But I'm with you, no way in hell is Joe Mommy going to beat Penn.
    Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?
  16. Elite Member

I remember Penn stuffing GSP through the first 2 rounds, and then a tired Penn being taken down a few times in the 3rd, no?
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.
  18. New Member

Hmm, I haven't seen in it in awhile, but I am pretty sure GSP did not score a decent takedown until the late second and third round. He did not score one in the first correct?
    Yeah that's right.
    But he had 3 or 4 in the last two rounds. My point was that yes Penn may have stuffed him a couple times in the first round but overall he wasn't kept from taking BJ down.
    Josh K. stuffed him a couple times, that's just the way it goes. Your not going to secure a take down every time you try.
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

True, but I was more trying to show that if BJ can control the takedowns of such dominant wrestlers, than Joe Mommy (I'm stealing that, it's pretty funny) has no chance of taking him down, IMO.
  20. New Member

Yeah, I just rewatched this and reiterate my statement. GSP had no TDs in the first, with one legitimate TD in the second with pure muscle, and one TD I suppose you could award him. The other one was more a mutual falling. He then had two in the third, one slam, and a final TD with :55 left.

For the rest of the fight, BJ controlled the pace and definitely controlled GSP's wrestling. Though GSP was smart and continually went for single leg takedowns from the clinch and elsewhere as BJ would leave them dangling.

BJ did necessarily outwrestle GSP because it wasn't a wrestling match, but GSP only scored one nice TD the entire fight, and two (or arguably three) lackluster TDs. I would most definitely say BJ stuffed GSP.

I believe you are looking at this fight one sided. If all that you say is accurate BJ would have won, but he didn't. And I know you could argue that he could have won but he didn't. The takedowns secured GSP victory. You can argue that BJ was tired in the third round or it was "a mutual falling" whatever that is but that's all part of the game.
    Why did the fight not go the other way, with GSP getting tired and then BJ taking him down. That never happened.
  21. New Member

True, but I was more trying to show that if BJ can control the takedowns of such dominant wrestlers, than Joe Mommy (I'm stealing that, it's pretty funny) has no chance of taking him down, IMO.

I see your point and your completely correct. Joe Mommy has absolutely no chance of winning.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I believe you are looking at this fight one sided. If all that you say is accurate BJ would have won, but he didn't. And I know you could argue that he could have won but he didn't. The takedowns secured GSP victory. You can argue that BJ was tired in the third round or it was "a mutual falling" whatever that is but that's all part of the game.
    Why did the fight not go the other way, with GSP getting tired and then BJ taking him down. That never happened.
    I never said BJ should have won. You are right, it could have gone either way, but it didn't because GSP was most likely awarded points for those takedowns in terms of both aggression and octagon control. Honestly, he probably won because of the final takedown with :55 left. That probably cemented the win.

He also had very nice punches and leg kicks throughout the fight, points for aggression there as well.

My point was that BJ controlled GSP's wrestling, because he did. That's really the only aspect I was mentioning.
  23. New Member

I never said BJ should have won. You are right, it could have gone either way, but it didn't because GSP was most likely awarded points for those takedowns in terms of both aggression and octagon control. Honestly, he probably won because of the final takedown with :55 left. That probably cemented the win.

He also had very nice punches and leg kicks throughout the fight, points for aggression there as well.

My point was that BJ controlled GSP's wrestling, because he did. That's really the only aspect I was mentioning.
    I completely agree with this. Penn did a great job of controlling GSP's wrestling and he will put a beating on Joe Momma's boy.
  24. Banned

I see your point and your completely correct. Joe Mommy has absolutely no chance of winning.
    Neither did Matt Serra, Gonzaga, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander vs Jardine. Anyone that still says Joe has no chance isn't paying attention.

I will tell you how he has a great chance, use his very improved boxing, great wrestling and great JJ. All you have to do is make Penn gas himself out with a few submission attempts and he is done for.
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Neither did Matt Serra, Gonzaga, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander vs Jardine. Anyone that still says Joe has no chance isn't paying attention.

I will tell you how he has a great chance, use his very improved boxing, great wrestling and great JJ. All you have to do is make Penn gas himself out with a few submission attempts and he is done for.
    True, but those were upsets for a reason. I think Joe has a chance, but if you break it down skill-for-skill, it isn't great. Anybody who would say Joe is a favourite isn't paying attention.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?
    anything you would like to say after the sheer domination that was the fight?
  27. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    anything you would like to say after the sheer domination that was the fight?
    BJ will get smashed by Sherk.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

just like joe daddy did right?

I am just having alittle fun busting balls since you were so certain joe would win
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Penn to win over Sherk is my call. Penn seems to be more more skilled but the one thing Sherk has over Penn in my opinion is endurance and heart....if he can make it go over 3 rounds I think he will do it. But I predict another submission by Penn
  30. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just like joe daddy did right?

I am just having alittle fun busting balls since you were so certain joe would win
    That was a heart pick, not a head pick. I just hate BJ Penn =)
  31. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

damn this started out as a full on attack on BJ....makes me think some people are just racist.

come on i cant believe you think joe stevenson was gonna put bj away! Look what happen. Just like what he did to Pulver, just toying with them really he could end it with subs so many times but just puts on a show for the fans to prove he is the top pound for pound. If that showing was not impressive i dont know what planet you haters are from.

Mark my words, BJ Penn is going to have that title for a long time kinda like how Silva is doing in his class. Sherk is going to get owned just the same lol...
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

33. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    damn this started out as a full on attack on BJ....makes me think some people are just racist.

come on i cant believe you think joe stevenson was gonna put bj away! Look what happen. Just like what he did to Pulver, just toying with them really he could end it with subs so many times but just puts on a show for the fans to prove he is the top pound for pound. If that showing was not impressive i dont know what planet you haters are from.

Mark my words, BJ Penn is going to have that title for a long time kinda like how Silva is doing in his class. Sherk is going to get owned just the same lol...
    Are you serious, racist? People that call racism for know reason are usually the racists themselves or just stupidly paranoid. These guys don't like BJ because of his cockiness, which is understandable. I don't mind BJ, he has a right to be cocky, but doing stuff like kissing Hughes on the mouth 10 seconds after he choked him out is obnoxious. BJ is one of the best in the world, but he's not exactly humble. Racism, for what?
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yeah, I think despising arrogance is a universal trait, PP. I don't think their unbridled hatred for BJ was racially-charged. A 'pretentious prick' is a 'pretentious prick' in any colour. Believe me, I know.

35. Elite Member

That was a great performance by BJ, but do you think he could've gone 5 rounds if he had to? He seemed really gassed after the fight. I know it's hard to gauge with BJ when he's tired or not, but all that leaning on people and strange breathing. IDK, he says he's in amazing shape now, I'm not so sure. Opinions?
  36. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I personally don't feel his conditioning is GSP-esque, but most definitely improved. I think the only way to tell is to see a long fight unfold. If Sherk can pressure the fight into deeper rounds, then BJ's conditioning or lack thereof will really present itself.

I know what you're saying about the strange breathing, but possibly an aggravation of that rib injury he incurred against Hughes? Maybe his musculature surrounding that area is weak and causes the fascia between his ribs to sever easily?
  37. Elite Member

Yeah, if Sherk lasts past round 3, BJ is ****ed IMO. I think he is in good shape, not great, but the way he fights he gasses himself. GSP is the same way, but he's just a freak of nature with his cardio and can afford to fight dynamically and not gas. That said, I think BJ will finish Sherk in 2 or 3, he's that good.

The breathing was weird, maybe you're right about the rib. I know I don't lean on people like that ever, unless it was a liter of Beam night.
  38. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yeah, it takes a 26 of Jag., and a run-in with the Police to breathe like that.

I think GSP is simply a freak of nature. That's the only way to explain why he's that lean, with that much explosiveness, and still keeps a ridiculous pace into the end of fights.

I agree though, I think BJ will finish in the second. Sherk won't try to hang with BJ in stand-up, and BJ has neutralized better wrestlers than Sherk in (presumably) worse condition.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

That was a great performance by BJ, but do you think he could've gone 5 rounds if he had to? He seemed really gassed after the fight. I know it's hard to gauge with BJ when he's tired or not, but all that leaning on people and strange breathing. IDK, he says he's in amazing shape now, I'm not so sure. Opinions?
    I noticed that too. He definitely looked winded or something, but who knows. I've seen Hunt looked winded for an entire fight, but he never slowed down.

BTW, Paul Taylor + some ground skills = Brit Thug Banger Only time will tell if that honor will be bestowed upon him.
  40. Elite Member

I noticed that too. He definitely looked winded or something, but who knows. I've seen Hunt looked winded for an entire fight, but he never slowed down.

BTW, Paul Taylor + some ground skills = Brit Thug Banger Only time will tell if that honor will be bestowed upon him.
    OMG, I immediately thought of you when that first round with Taylor/Kelly erupted. Taylor's stand-up is ****in nasty. Kelly is one tough mofo, and clearly had better ground. Taylor just needs to work on TD defense and some escapes.

Hunt does gas similar to BJ, but it's less severe with Hunt. Hunt looks like he just needs to take a fat boy 5 minute sit down to recover. BJ looks like he might need to get hooked up to some oxygen and possibly an IV. Their is definitely something to it though, and somehow he isn't as tired as he appears.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
  2. Full Arsenal To Winner Of This Contest Plus More!!!!
    By pistonpump in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM