GSP-Serra in Canada with tentative date 4/19

  1. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    GSP-Serra in Canada with tentative date 4/19


    UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra (Pictures) will get a chance to validate his upset over Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) when he fights the Quebecer in Montreal this April.

    Serra, forced out a Dec. 29 title defense against Matt Hughes (Pictures) when he herniated a disk, confirmed the rematch to NBCsports.com and said his bad back has been "rapidly improving." The 26-year-old St. Pierre replaced Serra (9-4) on the UFC 79 card, winning the interim title via armbar submission over Hughes. Afterwards, St. Pierre said he wouldn't consider himself UFC champion again until he defeated Serra.

    A heavy underdog, Serra, 33, captured the UFC 170-pound championship with a stunning first-round stoppage of St. Pierre (15-2) in Houston, Texas, last April. The Long Island, New Yorker earned his shot after winning Season 4 of "The Ultimate Fighter."

    Serra-St. Pierre tops the first UFC in Canada, which is expected to take place April 19 at the Bell Centre.

  2. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Will lightning strike twice? I doubt it, Serra is gonna take an ass whipping. I wonder what other canadians will make it on the card? Kristoph Mideaux(sp?)(that's a joke anyway), Loiseau, maybe Kristoph Leninger will make a comeback? Damn, besides GSP, Canada only has average fighters, sorry Mullet. Too bad Lee Murray isn't around to kick Patrick Cote's arse. One of those damn Canucks better come out to some Gordy

  3. Registered User
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Answers
    0

    GSP better win this. Serra has himself convinced he's good or something.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    It's: Partick Co-aye. How about Jonathan "I got KOed by a jab in 3 seconds but it was such a weak KO that UFC added on time to the official count so that it wasn't in their record books" Goulet?
  5. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    That's right. Which UFC were they scheduled to fight at, cause I think that sounded funny too.
  6. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    I'm not sure. Where would we find that info?

    The United Kingdoms Best? Lee Murray, Paul Daley, Dan Hardy? - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums


    What are the titles of the first two songs on the vid? Anyone know?
  7. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Will lightning strike twice? I doubt it, Serra is gonna take an ass whipping. I wonder what other canadians will make it on the card? Kristoph Mideaux(sp?)(that's a joke anyway), Loiseau, maybe Kristoph Leninger will make a comeback? Damn, besides GSP, Canada only has average fighters, sorry Mullet...
    I would like to see a strong comeback by The Crow. I've seen three of his last four fights (saw all three losses) and he his head has definitely been in the clouds.

    As far as GSP vs Serra...there's no way GSP is going down twice to Serra. I wouldn't be surprised if Serra goes back down to 155 after this fight, but the competition is obviously top notch there too...speaking of...any word on Gomi coming to the UFC?
    Last edited by stxnas; 01-05-2008 at 08:43 PM.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  8. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I would like to see a strong comeback by The Crow. I've seen three of his last four fights (saw all three losses) and he his head has definitely been in the clouds.

    As far as GSP vs Serra...there's no way GSP is going down twice to Serra. I wouldn't be surprised if Serra goes back down to 155 after this fight, but the competition is obviously top notch there too...speaking of...any word on Gomi coming to the UFC?
    Yeah, The Crow has not looked good. After his fight with Villansenor I kind of wrote him off.

    I haven't heard anything substantial about Gomi coming to the UFC. If he improved his conditioning he would be tough to beat. Although Sherk would be a bad match up for him, and I don't see anyone beating BJ. He would definitely bring a lot of entertainment to the already electric 155 class, but I doubt he could be champ.
  9. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Definitely not champ over BJ or Sherk, but put him in with any of the guys who like to strike and sit back and watch. I'm thinking Edgar, Guida, Fisher (not sure of weight class now though)...hell, Franca might even stand & trade haymakers instead of taking it to the ground. Too bad Diaz gave Zuffa the b/c a rematch would be nice.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  10. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Yeah, I think an in shape Gomi could beat all those guys you listed. Diaz was a skeleton at 160, another 5 lbs couldn't hurt I guess. I wonder if he could make 145 and fight Faber Anyways, yeah I would love to see Gomi and some of the other japanese fighters come to the UFC. Kawajiri, Ishida, Sakurai, Gomi, what's the hold up?
  11. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    I think Gomi would get out wrestled by a lot of the top UFC 155ers, but maybe I should go back and watch some of his fights vs. wrestlers. I haven't seen many of his fights in a while.

    Edit: I heard Gomi was at the last UFC though.
  12. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    I haven't watched any Gomi fights in a while, but I don't recall him being much of a wrestler/grappler (two of his three losses were on the ground, but a few of his wins were via sub ).

    I definitely agree about Gomi getting out wrestled, that's why I tried to list guys that are usually more than happy to stand and trade...didn't think about the difference in weight classes of Pride vs UFC => Diaz might not comfortably make the cut... Gomi could probably make 145 though and rematch Jens and/or fight Faber (although Faber would absolutely take it to the ground and do his thing there)...Gomi vs
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I haven't watched any Gomi fights in a while, but I don't recall him being much of a wrestler/grappler (two of his three losses were on the ground, but a few of his wins were via sub ).

    I definitely agree about Gomi getting out wrestled, that's why I tried to list guys that are usually more than happy to stand and trade...didn't think about the difference in weight classes of Pride vs UFC => Diaz might not comfortably make the cut... Gomi could probably make 145 though and rematch Jens and/or fight Faber (although Faber would absolutely take it to the ground and do his thing there)...Gomi vs
    I can't see Gomi dropping from 161 to 145.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    I read an interview where Marcus Davis was saying Gomi would be his dream fight and they could do it at a catch weight of 165. That would be a great fight. Gomi would obviously be the favorite, but Davis has improved at a crazy rate and has a great camp.
  15. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I can't see Gomi dropping from 161 to 145.
    His head alone is easily 30 pounds. Yeah, he definitely couldn't comfortably make 145. I think he's 5'9", and not small framed.
  16. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I'm not sure. Where would we find that info?

    The United Kingdoms Best? Lee Murray, Paul Daley, Dan Hardy? - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums


    What are the titles of the first two songs on the vid? Anyone know?
    That was a sick highlight. It looks like the English refs let the fights go a little too long.
  17. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Jesus semi-hiatus boy, that was only the most popular vid in the multimedia thread for months, pshhhh.
  18. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I can't see Gomi dropping from 161 to 145.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    His head alone is easily 30 pounds. Yeah, he definitely couldn't comfortably make 145. I think he's 5'9", and not small framed.
    LOL, I guess I really suck at judging who could drop weight to what class...I've been owned on this topic a couple of times in the few days, lol. I'm 5'8 and have weighed much less than 145 before, but I'm the epitome of small framed though (although I probably couldn't make 160 as of late after these damn holidays, lol).
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  19. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    LOL, I guess I really suck at judging who could drop weight to what class...I've been owned on this topic a couple of times in the few days, lol. I'm 5'8 and have weighed much less than 145 before, but I'm the epitome of small framed though (although I probably couldn't make 160 as of late after these damn holidays, lol).
    It's really tough to say who belongs at what weight. Diaz is 6'+, and he can fight at 160. Fedor is also 6' and is comfortable around 235. Sure they have different builds, but I doubt they are really that different. I'm a smidge over 6 feet and now I weigh around 235 at maybe 10-11%, but at 17 I weighed 135. My athleticism(vertical, speed, etc) has not changed much in those 11 years. Damn, I'm rambling like a mofo, but I'm just saying it's tough to pin someone to one weight. I think if Wandy wanted to, he could slowly move down to 170, slow being the key word. O.K., 170 might be tough, but 185 certainly wouldn't be a problem.
  20. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Holy sh!t, 135 at 17 at your height. I think I was actually 115 at 16 , fellow late bloomer.
  21. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Holy sh!t, 135 at 17 at your height. I think I was actually 115 at 16 , fellow late bloomer.
    Yeah, I didn't get armpit hair til I was 23.
  22. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get armpit hair til I was 23.
    Maybe you'll get some vag at 32.
  23. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Maybe you'll get some vag at 32.
    hahaha, awesome. Nah, I got pit hair before 23, but seriously it was a b*tch having to turn down handjobs at 13 because I was rolling bald
  24. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    It's 08, time to stop putting the pvssy on a pedastal and slay a couple hefties:burg: on the road to some dimes:chick:
  25. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Word. Might as well go for the :donut: and work your way up the ladder. Maybe even hire a pro "Do you see this guy, this is the guy behind the guy behind the guy." You're like a big ****ing bear.....
  26. Registered User
    TheMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Gomi was 2nd row last UFC. Jason Mac, GSP, and Cote are tent on this card.
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,356
    Answers
    1

    I like Serra as a former LIer but GSP is going to throw him such a beating it might get ugly
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  28. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    GSP was so dominating against Hughes. I don't know if GSP has just improved THAT MUCH or Hughes has become stale, but if that same GSP shows up against Serra... yikes.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I like Serra as a former LIer but GSP is going to throw him such a beating it might get ugly
    Big ups to Strong Isle, love/hate that place.
  30. Registered User
    RyanOFelt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    95
    Answers
    0

    Rush is a hurricane, Serra is a dead man.
  31. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,191
    Answers
    0

    It would be great to see Serra KO the big we flapping douche bag (thank you mullet for the great adjectives) again.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. prohormones in Canada?
    By logan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 11:45 PM
  2. nolva in canada
    By littlemark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:09 PM
  3. IN RAGE with T1-pro. ok?
    By Zack in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 01:04 AM
  4. Adipokinetix Still in Canada
    By D D D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in