Joe Lauzon v. Kenny Florian -- April 08

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Looks like we're gonna find out if Kenny's Jits is as good as he says.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
K-flo is nasty!!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like JLau, but I think this will be over quickly. Ken Flo is a beast at 155

Lightning

Awards
Crazy Eyed Joe has his hands full with this one. Florian is a bad mofo at 155.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think this is too much of a jump too soon for Lauzon. I'm a big fan of both fighters, and would rather them fight many other opponents as 155 is deep as hell. Nonetheless, it should be good. Lauzon is not even remotely the same fighter he was when he fought Pulver. I think this will be very competitive. The main advantage I see in this fight is Florian's Muay Thai. We'll see. If Lauzon keeps training with BJ anything could happen.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
J-LAU all the way, gonna be a good fight but florians stand up is so much better, cant wait

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think Lauzon's hands are better, but Florian has better kicks that let him stay at a distance. Have you every seen Florian unload on someone standing with his hands? Lauzon unloaded a brutal flurry against Reinhardt before the takedown, and then there is the Pulver incident.

I think the kicks could be the difference. It is hard to say how their ground games will compare. Lauzon was already good. Now he's with BJ. A couple of years ago Lauzon was already putting up battles with BJJ blackbelts...and now he's with BJ. This fight has great potential.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It could go either way really....they're both skilled fighters. J-lau has a huge reach advantage.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Creepy/J-Lau was ineffective from his back. Manvil was able to keep him down their entire match so if KenFlo gets top position it's over. But who knows how much he's improved whilst training with BJ. It has the potential to be a very entertaining fight but I think Kenflo takes it.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
K-Flo is too experienced to lose this one. If this fight was in 12-18 months I might pick Joe.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Creepy/J-Lau was ineffective from his back. Manvil was able to keep him down their entire match so if KenFlo gets top position it's over. But who knows how much he's improved whilst training with BJ. It has the potential to be a very entertaining fight but I think Kenflo takes it.
That's true, but with Manny's short, stocky frame, he has the build to get takedowns and the skills to keep people there. That was a bad style matchup for Joe, and might be for Florian, too.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established