Multimedia Thread Resurrected - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Multimedia Thread Resurrected

Page 3 of 14 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Robbie "Anderson's lucky I'm not in the UFC" Lawler HL reel (older stuff)

Too bad Robbie isn't a Brit.

2. Elite Member

Lawler is the sh*t, what an animal. I love what he did to Tiki. Why can't the UFC put on events like UFC 40 anymore? They have much more to work with now, but the events are not that great. I know I know, they're two or three times as frequent, but still.

UFC 40:
    Tito vs Shamrock
    Chuck vs Sobral
    Lawler vs Tiki
    Matt Hughes vs Gil Castillo
    Carlos Newton vs Pete Spratt
    Andrei Arlovski vs Ian Freeman
    Janitor vs Travis Wiuff
    Phillip Miller vs Mark Weir

At the time that was an unbelievable card. I really miss 02-05.5.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really miss 02-05.5.
    No doubt. I loved watching every event throughout the 90s and early 00s. Maybe I'll post the Lawler-Niko fight since some of the Hawaiian boys were saying that Lawler was faking injuries.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lawler is nasty, but I really doubt he can take Anderson or Hendo.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah, I know that was just a little joke for Alex. I'm sure Lindland would give him fits too. He'd KO Filho hard if he fought like he did against Sonnen, though.
  6. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    No doubt. I loved watching every event throughout the 90s and early 00s. Maybe I'll post the Lawler-Niko fight since some of the Hawaiian boys were saying that Lawler was faking injuries.
    I feel bad for you. You missed that crazy Gracie early UFC era, when everything was pretty much unknown, then Shamrock/Gracie/Severn/Taktarov, then a year later Frye came on the scene along with Tank/Ruas/Coleman, Vitor's brazilian thunderfist display at the ripe age of 19, damn was he juiced back then. Then some 35 year old average looking joe Randy Couture came along and destroyed him. Ortiz battled the Lion's Den, and then Franky shut him up for a while. After that it was dead for a while during the UFC blackout days, when Pride was still developing. Enter 2000, Pride started having some amazing cards, the GP was good, Pride 10 was excellent, then the Wandy/Saku trilogy began, Nog entered the scene, then the UFC stepped it up again with big cards like36, 38, 40, 43, 44, 47, oh how I miss those days. Without looking at any stats, I think 2003 was the best year in MMA history thus far, prove me wrong.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I actually rented 2 of them with friends in 96 so I had seen a little bit of the action. I have now also rented most of the UFC's from 1-25 from a local video store. It's an interesting progression to watch. Damn the Polar Bear was good! I haven't seen much from 25 to 45 or so though. I tried downloading a bunch from the secret place but nobody was ever seeding them.

As for Pride I've seen almost every one except 1-5 and most Bushido's as well (who wants to watch little guys that I can throw around )
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I actually rented 2 of them with friends in 96 so I had seen a little bit of the action. I have now also rented most of the UFC's from 1-25 from a local video store. It's an interesting progression to watch. Damn the Polar Bear was good! I haven't seen much from 25 to 45 or so though. I tried downloading a bunch from the secret place but nobody was ever seeding them.

As for Pride I've seen almost every one except 1-5 and most Bushido's as well (who wants to watch little guys that I can throw around )
    You aren't missing much in Pride 1-5 except for a great match between Sakuraba/Newton and the work between Takada/Coleman.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah, I thought about buying that Legacy 1 set but every where I read about implied that it wasn't worth it. Were there any good Carl Malenko fights ?
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You aren't missing much in Pride 1-5 except for a great match between Sakuraba/Newton and the work between Takada/Coleman.
    I agree with you completely, but we got to see the myth Rickson fight against top contender Takada, Saku's schooling of Vitor and a nice war between Goodridge and Vovchanchyn.
  11. Elite Member

Damn, get on that, lots of good fights from 25-45 and Bushido was the sh*t, except a few. I'm a MMA freakshow, you should see how many DVD's and Video's I have, it's ridiculous. All the brazilian vale tudo events, every KOTC, WEF, WEC, WFA, all the M-1 stuff, dutch MMA, bare knuckle Russian events, Japanese vale tudo, Rings, and lots of other semi-mma stuff, the list goes on and on. I'm actually starting to lose a little bit of interest, but not much.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Damn, your place must be like in the 40-year-old-virgin with all the action figures .... except that your stuff is MMA so I guess it's cooler. Yeah, I'd like to rent more of the 25-45 era UFC's but can't find them anywhere and I got booted from you-know-where (expecting an I-told-you-so from Rogue soon).
  13. Elite Member

This is to UFC 1 as UFC 1 is to Now!

14. Elite Member

Damn, your place must be like in the 40-year-virgin with all the action figures .... except that your stuff is MMA so I guess it's cooler. Yeah, I'd like to rent more of the 25-45 era UFC's but can't find them anywhere and I got booted from you-know-where (expecting an I-told-you-so from Rogue soon).
    Not sure if Mully hit you up first, but I just informed him of the same news. I got booted from you-know-where about 27 months ago, psss, don't tell Rogue.

You hit the nail on the head, and I think it's even scarier to most chicks than action figures. The look on their face is priceless, it basically says "should I run, nah, that will only make it worse, I'll just hope for the best". I have that sh*t hidden now, just can't be lettin these hoes snoop around.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Some nice Wand-Chuck pics.

16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Lawler going overboard

17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Old School Igor

Taking out Varelens
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

19. Elite Member

Igor must've been like 185 #s in that first video, so I'm guessing he was 12 maybe 13.
  20. Elite Member

Lawler going overboard

I really don't think he had that bad of intentions on the last punch. It was just kind of a "look at me b*tch" punch. It was wrong and bullsh*t, but not "ruthless".
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...-vs-bias_sport

Not sure if this is a double, but Urijah doing his 'thang'.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

A preview of the UFC 81 countdown show. WTF, they seem to be building up Tim and ripping Nog a little.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Not a Tim Sylvia fan, never was.
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Elite Member

Tough not to love this guy. The most creative fighter the sport has ever seen..................

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Damn, not sure what happened. I was trying to embed a Rob Kaman highlight
    ^^^I just saw that post and proceeded to piss my pants

Nice Sakuraba vid too. I haven't seen any of his fights in K-1 yet, but I'm sure they're entertaining.

Here's another MMA "character":

RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  27. Elite Member

Nice vid, Stx! The second most creative fighter! KG doesn't hang here too often anymore, but you can see that he swung by and caught notice.
  28. Elite Member

Mayhem interviewing Kimbo recently. Look at Bas behind Kimbo at around 7:10, lol.

29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I love Bas too. This fight is a little slow, but the way he owns this whiner is completely worth it. I'll give you one guess how he takes this guy out, lol.

30. Elite Member

"I do not like him right now, anymore", bas is hilarious. What great commentary he provides. This is one of the first Pancrase fights I ever saw. At the time I was so confused by what the rules were and by Delucia's ridiculous antics.
  31. Elite Member

Maybe it was bad Karma, remember 5 years later that horrific leg injury Delucia incurred against Joe Slick? It was during the UFC blackout days, I believe.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Have you seen that DVD of all his fights? I had never seen Pancrase until I watched it. The ruls threw me off to, but I still enjoyed the fights. Bas was such a monster and his commentary was definitely entertaining.

I don't recall it off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen it. Not sure where to find it right now though. It's definitely "clip" material. I looked it up real quick and it was over in about 90 seconds.
  33. Elite Member

No, but I have seen all his fights. As said earlier in this thread, I have a ridiculous vhs/dvd collection of MMA. I have every Pancrase event up until 97 and than many from 98-04 or so. He was a monster. Ken gave him hell, but Bas was still very new to grappling at the time. Ken was the ****in man back in his Pancrase days. He was just bigger and more athletic than most.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

No, but I have seen all his fights. As said earlier in this thread, I have a ridiculous vhs/dvd collection of MMA. I have every Pancrase event up until 97 and than many from 98-04 or so. He was a monster. Ken gave him hell, but Bas was still very new to grappling at the time. Ken was the ****in man back in his Pancrase days. He was just bigger and more athletic than most.
    Those heelhooks he used to apply to those guys were brutal. They hurt just to watch them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Frank was a little before his time too. I've posted this before, but I'll throw it up again since it's funny and we're talking about Bas and Frank:

36. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Those heelhooks he used to apply to those guys were brutal. They hurt just to watch them.
    I felt so bad for some of those guys. If I were a pancrase fighter I would've tapped quick as could be to heelhooks. Man, the damage those can cause, you're right, it does hurt just to watch them.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I know a lot of guys don't like heel hooks being legal moves. I don't care for them, but I like elbows and many don't b/c of the ability to open up a cut. I guess it's give and take.
  38. Elite Member

****in Frank, always trying to play mind games. Bas beat Frank 2 out of 3 times from what I remember, and even the won he lost was very questionable. Damn, Stx, you've got me bustin out my old Pancrase collection.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

That sounds right; lost the first fight and then won the next two. I'm pretty sure El Guapo lost to Ken twice though.
  40. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    That sounds right; lost the first fight and then won the next two. I'm pretty sure El Guapo lost to Ken twice though.
    Yup, kneebar and heelhook, me thinks. Would've loved to have seen an MMA match with those two, say around 97.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Strongman / Powerlifting Multimedia Thread
    By jas123 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 01:48 AM
  2. What happened to the multimedia thread?
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
  3. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
  4. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:34 PM
  5. First test thread...