Mayweather to fight MMA!?

1. He won't do it if you ask me, but if he does I hope he gets dry humped Ivey style for 3 rounds.

2. Mayweathers opponent by RNC Rd 1. He would have to take a good 2 years of serious grappling to be able to compete in the UFC. That and western boxing and MMA striking are completely different.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. I agree he'd get subbed quick but the dry humping seems more demeaning. I think we all know how the boxer-grappler match goes (see UFC 1-78) and you see good boxers/kickboxers get beat at striking all the time in MMA (Stout getting beat by Fisher).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Mayweathers opponent by RNC Rd 1. He would have to take a good 2 years of serious grappling to be able to compete in the UFC. That and western boxing and MMA striking are completely different.
    yeah, everyone seems to ignore the fact that striking in MMA is completely different than boxing, people are more focusing on him needing to work on his ground game instead of realizing he would need to learn a whole new way of striking as well as some wrestling / bjj.

i dont think itd take much for him to get taken down and not only subbed, but pounded out.

5. he is fighting right now at what, 145 or 155. So give him BJ Penn or Urijah Faber. It wont get past 1 minute
    TEAM GET DIESEL

GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

6. Agreed. He probably wouldn't last for very long. I would like to see it though, so MMA fighters can show that this is "THE sport" now. Boxing has been dead for quite some time.

7. I agree, against a good well rounded fighter he'd get taken out quickly, however they'll probably feed him someone that is known for their standup and has little ground game. Then Mayweather will go in, KO the guy, retire and have all this crap about how boxing is superior to MMA and Mayweather proved it by taking out an MMA fighter with MMA rules.

8. Mayweather would be "interesting" much more excited about Brock Lesner.
    NSCA - CSCS

9. Thats the funniest thing Ive read all day, He barely even makes the lightweight division, and he would get destroyed if he didnt have a ref to split him and his opponents up. But would be fun to watch none the less....

Similar Forum Threads

1. How To Fight Progestin Induced Gyno?
    By CNorris in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:19 PM
  2. YOUR HEALTH: E's your ticket to fight disease
    By Dwight Schrute in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
  4. GOP Seeks Lawyers to Fight Kerry's 2,000 'Locusts'
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 03:07 PM
  5. Best thing to do to fight lethargy...
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 12:11 PM