Mayweather to fight MMA!?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He won't do it if you ask me, but if he does I hope he gets dry humped Ivey style for 3 rounds.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mayweathers opponent by RNC Rd 1. He would have to take a good 2 years of serious grappling to be able to compete in the UFC. That and western boxing and MMA striking are completely different.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree he'd get subbed quick but the dry humping seems more demeaning. I think we all know how the boxer-grappler match goes (see UFC 1-78) and you see good boxers/kickboxers get beat at striking all the time in MMA (Stout getting beat by Fisher).

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
Mayweathers opponent by RNC Rd 1. He would have to take a good 2 years of serious grappling to be able to compete in the UFC. That and western boxing and MMA striking are completely different.
yeah, everyone seems to ignore the fact that striking in MMA is completely different than boxing, people are more focusing on him needing to work on his ground game instead of realizing he would need to learn a whole new way of striking as well as some wrestling / bjj.

i dont think itd take much for him to get taken down and not only subbed, but pounded out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he is fighting right now at what, 145 or 155. So give him BJ Penn or Urijah Faber. It wont get past 1 minute

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. He probably wouldn't last for very long. I would like to see it though, so MMA fighters can show that this is "THE sport" now. Boxing has been dead for quite some time.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
I agree, against a good well rounded fighter he'd get taken out quickly, however they'll probably feed him someone that is known for their standup and has little ground game. Then Mayweather will go in, KO the guy, retire and have all this crap about how boxing is superior to MMA and Mayweather proved it by taking out an MMA fighter with MMA rules.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mayweather would be "interesting" much more excited about Brock Lesner.

TxGuy83

TxGuy83

Awards
Thats the funniest thing Ive read all day, He barely even makes the lightweight division, and he would get destroyed if he didnt have a ref to split him and his opponents up. But would be fun to watch none the less....