Mike Swick Vs Josh Burkman
Patrick Cote Vs Drew McFedries
Michihiro Omigawa Vs Thiago Tavares

that some good fight so far, cant wait to see who else is gonna fight

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That card is looking good so far. Swick is dangerous, that's a good match-up. Can't wait to see McFedries, one of the most exciting fighters in the world. That guy has thunder in his hands.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm psyched about that event. Thiago Tavares is a sick fighter--stick standup and ground game. I need to watch his fight vs. Griffin again. 155 consistently produces the best fights.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
yup they got this kid from hawaii that signed a UFC contract and is training with urijah faber now, hes name is Justin buchholz, hes a 155er and is pretty bad

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
yup they got this kid from hawaii that signed a UFC contract and is training with urijah faber now, hes name is Justin buchholz, hes a 155er and is pretty bad
I hope he smashes Wiman. Anyone who calls himself "Handsome" deserves to get battered.

Here's the rest of the card:
* Josh Burkman vs. Mike Swick
* Patrick Côté vs. Drew McFedries
* Nate Diaz vs. Alvin Robinson
* Gray Maynard vs. Dennis Siver
* Cole Miller vs. Jeremy Stephens
* Thiago Tavares vs. Michihiro Omigawa
* Corey Hill vs. Joe Veres
* Alberto Crane vs. Kurt Pellegrino
* Justin Buchholz vs. Matt Wiman
Top to bottom it is a great card.

Swick should be a beast at 170.

Cote vs. McFredries = two sluggers, though Cote might try to take it to the ground. Cote looks much better since he started training with my Boston brethren.

Diaz vs. Robinson = ground war.

Maynard will probably kill Siver. Maynard has a huge future. He may be the best guy from that season of TUF. He overtrained.

Stephens put up a good fight vs. Din Thomas. Should be a war vs. Miller.

Tavares vs. anyone is worth watching.

Corey Hill ?????????? We'll see what he's learned.

Crane vs. Pelligrino will be a battle of BJJ masters.

Hopefully Vika's boy will maul Wiman.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Tavares is the sh*t. Cote is gettin KTFO'd. Matt Wiman is handsome, deal with it, who's the fag now?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Tavares is the sh*t. Cote is gettin KTFO'd. Matt Wiman is handsome, deal with it, who's the fag now?
I'm going out on a limb and I'll say the homo is the guy who is sweating a guy named "Handsome".

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm going out on a limb and I'll say the homo is the guy who is sweating a guy named "Handsome".
That's right. You have to admit Wiman's reaction to Cole Miller turning into a queer when getting drunk was priceless.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
sweet that should be some good matches, ya if go and youtube that kid some fights should pop up, or if ya myspace him, i watched like 2 fights with him in there and it was pretty sick, hopefully Faber can teach him a thing or 2

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
swick/burkman could be a FOY candidate. At 170 Swick could be trouble for a lot of the guys there, explosive KO power and solid ground game

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
my boy swick trains over at aka(where i train), i have seen him training and boy oh boy he is going to **** burkman up!! oh a little heads up on kossheck, we had not seen him after his loss to gsp and he finally came back 3 months later. he decided to work on his muay thai privetly, when we saw him he was standing up with fitch, swick, and josh thomson. they were all giving to each other! look for kos to make a huge come back!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wanna see swick and GSP
GSP would beat the p*ss out of Swick. Swick is a good striker, but he is nowhere near the level of GSP. Also, he trains with 2 of the best WW in the UFC, which will really limit his options for top-tier fights

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Swick has potential at 170, and I can also see GSP (after getting the belt back) moving to 185, he is huge at 170

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Swick has potential at 170, and I can also see GSP (after getting the belt back) moving to 185, he is huge at 170
Huge at 170, but he would be avg at 185, unless he took about 8-10 months off to bulk up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
GSP would beat the p*ss out of Swick. Swick is a good striker, but he is nowhere near the level of GSP. Also, he trains with 2 of the best WW in the UFC, which will really limit his options for top-tier fights
Nowhere near the level of GSP in striking or overall? Overall, not close. Striking, maybe close. I think GSP's striking is over-rated personally.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nowhere near the level of GSP in striking or overall? Overall, not close. Striking, maybe close. I think GSP's striking is over-rated personally.
There are very few WW's with above-average striking and GSP has the most dynamic and explosive striking in the WW class (assuming he doesn't slip on water).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
GSP would make 185 very interesting. GSP vs Hendo/Anderson=dream matches. Hendo vs Anderson is hard to beat, can't believe it's gonna happen.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
well i dont know about GSP's striking (hes got good striking) if he got knocked out by a pretty much JJ fighter and lost his belt, as for swick well frist 2 fights in the octagon under a minute and both knockouts , says enough for me he got good stand up.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
GSP would make 185 very interesting. GSP vs Hendo/Anderson=dream matches. Hendo vs Anderson is hard to beat, can't believe it's gonna happen.
Anderson is gonna treat that pumpkin head like a B I itch

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There are very few WW's with above-average striking and GSP has the most dynamic and explosive striking in the WW class (assuming he doesn't slip on water).
BJ made GSP look like Hughes in the standup. He owned him. I mean it is BJ, but I wouldn't expect a good striker to get destroyed that badly. Maybe I should re-watch that one though.

GSP-Swick = Swickatine victory, well okay no.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys think Bisping will do at 185, now that he has officially moved down?

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i think he will do pretty good(in england only hahaha) nah he should do pretty good, he was an alright LH

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well look where he got all his recognition.....Matt Hughes? not really a good fighter to strike back. He does put together some nice combos.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to agree with an earlier post that GSP's standup is overrated, you could see it in the BJ fight, and Serra exposed some issues as well. As an overall fighter, GSP is light years ahead of Swick, but Swick had KO power at 185 and will be even more devastating @ 170 IMO. I think Burkman is solid, but I think Swick will KO him.

In terms of @ 185, GSP could be very dangerous based on skill and speed. Also at 185, I dont think anyone can say Silva will KO Henderson as he has never been stopped. Also, Bisping at 185 should be good for him, he will be more powerful.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think he will do pretty good(in england only hahaha) nah he should do pretty good, he was an alright LH
You're not kidding.

Hey Vika, UH vs Georgia... c'mooon.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry, I dont think Hawaii has a shot in hell, but Brennan can play though

TxGuy83

TxGuy83

Awards
All I wanna know is why hasnt there been a WW title fight since April 7th? And when can I see a good title fight at 155, Sherk against Roger Huerta would be a monster fight, every fight that guy has had in the UFC has been the best fight on the card.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LW title is in Jan. Penn v. Stevenson

The WW title is this saturday