Arroyo - Submission round 3
Mitichyan - Decision
Goulet - TKO round 1

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Great fights all night!

Aside from Guida/Huerta and J-Roc/Koppenhaver, the picks were pretty easy. Nonetheless, everyone put on a great show.

I DVR'ed it and watched a bit later. What was the big announcement? If it was made, it got cut off my recording.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
forest griffin will be the new coach on the next season, and they revamped the formatt of the show.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
When I saw Wandy there, I thought they were going to do Wandy/Rampage. That would be a great coaching set. Wandy actually said he'd be a fighter on the show in a recent interview.

Is Rampage the other coach? I assume he is.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I saw on the forums, Rampage vs. Griffin for TUF 7.

Great fight in the main event. I love both of those guys.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
who won the guida huerta fight? I missed the third round, I had guida winning it.

some good fights tonight.

I cant find the results. Some one should post them...

Lightning

Awards
who won the guida huerta fight? I missed the third round, I had guida winning it.

Huerta - RNC 3rd round
What happened to the other 2 fights that were supposed to be on the card? Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price and Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet. Did they just not televise those two?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those last two were nontelevised.

In terms of TUF 7, I heard MW's and Forrest v. Rampage

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dorian was subbed via ankle lock in like 23 seconds of first round.

goulet choked out the other guy

That is dissappointing that Guida lost. I really like that guy. He was giving Huerta a real hard time and i thought for sure he had the fight.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
War machine vs J Rock was a bloody good fight. Kolosci really needs to work some submission defense or just stop going for the take down.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jroc reminds me of Solomon from season 3, loads of talent but just missing something

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, those guys all have "Randleman Syndrome".

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there was a single bad fight last night. Very impressive all around. Mac's gameplan was great, but I didn't think he'd be able to take Tommy down like that. Tommy needs a good team, and then he'll have a great shot.

JRoc/War Machine was insane. Saunders/Barrera was the only decision, and that was pretty exciting too. That was better than most PPV's in terms of every fight delivering, and we got to see 7 fights on free TV.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Finale was almost as good as any PPV that they have put out this year. The Koppenhaver/Rollins fight was a great fight and the Huerta/Guida fight was one of the best fight that I have ever seen.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
On some forums, people are saying Huerta just got lucky with the sub. I think that is BS. Guida was obviously losing the first 2 due to being overly aggressive and getting taken down, but he was winning on the feet. He also proved that he has a great chin after taking that crazy hook after he sprawled and the knee to the face while grounded. What we saw in the third was an example of a great fighter making an adjustment to what was happening in the fight with that perfectly timed knee. Huge props to both fighters.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Finale was almost as good as any PPV that they have put out this year. The Koppenhaver/Rollins fight was a great fight and the Huerta/Guida fight was one of the best fight that I have ever seen.
I think Huerta may have dispelled some thoughts that he is only hype there as well. Surviving that GnP at the end of the second round after he was wobbled showed alot of poise, and the comeback in the third round was phenomenal.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
On some forums, people are saying Huerta just got lucky with the sub. I think that is BS. Guida was obviously losing the first 2 due to being overly aggressive and getting taken down, but he was winning on the feet. He also proved that he has a great chin after taking that crazy hook after he sprawled and the knee to the face while grounded. What we saw in the third was an example of a great fighter making an adjustment to what was happening in the fight with that perfectly timed knee. Huge props to both fighters.
The knee when he was down mainly hit Huerta in the shoulder. I actually thought the standup was fairly even until the end. I don't know how Guida can strike with his hair in his eyes all the time.

Huerta timed two of those knees perfectly and was smart enough to stand and knee rather than going with a flying knee that would have ended with him on the ground. Does Roger train with Sherk (I know he's in Minn.)? Anywho Sherk will probably keep taking him down at will if Roger ever fights him.

There is some serious talent at 155 even just from TUFs, Danzig, George (I assume), Lauzon, Manny, Diaz, Kenflo, Diego (think he's moving down),...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he was out pretty quickly, but War Machine really launched some big shots. Slow first round, but great fight/comeback as others have said.

Slick sub by Arroyo as well. Tommy seemed a way too nervous in the big fight. Overall the event looked almost as good as the next Rambo movie ("let the bodies hit the floor"....) :twisted:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh!t! I saw Hughes sit down at a monitor during the finale, but didn't realize that he was watching PBF-Hatton.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Does Roger train with Sherk (I know he's in Minn.)? Anywho Sherk will probably keep taking him down at will if Roger ever fights him.
I don't think he does. Roger trains at Dave Menes warrior gym, and Sherk is at Minnesota martial art academy. It's possible that they have trained together but probably not that often.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't think he does. Roger trains at Dave Menes warrior gym, and Sherk is at Minnesota martial art academy. It's possible that they have trained together but probably not that often.
Yeah, I think you're right. I saw that he said that he was interested in fighting Sherk so I assume that they don't train together.

Sherk has officially been stripped of the title then, huh?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you guys gave the first two rounds to Huerta? I didnt think so...

Jroc went out easy on his TUF match during the season as well.

Dorian should just go fight muay thai or something, the guy has no chance against anyone on the ground lol.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Awesome fight card. I wanted to give J-Roc vs War Machine fight of the night until the Guida vs Huerta fight. Also I missed Dana's "big announcement" but I assumed it was Griffin vs Rampage TUF7.

BTW, I sill think Guida is a better fighter than Huerta. I like to think if they fought 10 times who would win? I personally think Guida would take at least 7 of them. However Huerta is a tough mofo and knows how to win. LW division is just awesome right now. I mean seriously, compare those 2 to a fight like Sylvia / Vera or AA vs Werdum. I like to see the HW b/c of the power but the LW have nonstop energy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome fight card. I wanted to give J-Roc vs War Machine fight of the night until the Guida vs Huerta fight. Also I missed Dana's "big announcement" but I assumed it was Griffin vs Rampage TUF7.

BTW, I sill think Guida is a better fighter than Huerta. I like to think if they fought 10 times who would win? I personally think Guida would take at least 7 of them. However Huerta is a tough mofo and knows how to win. LW division is just awesome right now. I mean seriously, compare those 2 to a fight like Sylvia / Vera or AA vs Werdum. I like to see the HW b/c of the power but the LW have nonstop energy.
I said about a year ago that the LW division has the most depth and promise for the future. It is definitely the deepest division and will always be interesting and competitive. that being said, as long as BJ stays there, then he will remain champ.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I said about a year ago that the LW division has the most depth and promise for the future. It is definitely the deepest division and will always be interesting and competitive. that being said, as long as BJ stays there, then he will remain champ.
After the last PPV where I had some guys new to the sport, they were not impressed. Luckily I recorded this one and will show it to them and say "This is what that last PPV should have looked like". It seems the TUF finales and UFN shows are the best shows lately.

I honestly think Sherk can give BJ a run at it. Sadly, I do not believe Sherk can finish BJ so we might have a 5 round match with Sherk on top and BJ trying subs. I also think there are a few guys that can give him trouble, although there is obviously nobody in LW that I would pick as a favorite over Penn.

I hope that someday the UFC has a 145 division as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After the last PPV where I had some guys new to the sport, they were not impressed. Luckily I recorded this one and will show it to them and say "This is what that last PPV should have looked like". It seems the TUF finales and UFN shows are the best shows lately.

I honestly think Sherk can give BJ a run at it. Sadly, I do not believe Sherk can finish BJ so we might have a 5 round match with Sherk on top and BJ trying subs. I also think there are a few guys that can give him trouble, although there is obviously nobody in LW that I would pick as a favorite over Penn.

I hope that someday the UFC has a 145 division as well.
Bj/Sherk would be competitive, but I think that BJ will pull it out in the end.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, BJ is just too freakishly talented when motivated and in shape

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
id love to them two just stand up and strike cuz i know BJ would put his lights out!