Finale picks

  1. Registered User
    Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0

    Finale picks


    Who do you think wins tonight ?



    Huerta vs Guida

    Tommy Speer vs Mac Danzig

    J-Roc vs War Machine

    Billy Miles vs George Sotiropolous

    Ben Saunders vs Dan Barrera

    Rude Boy vs Richie Hightower

    Matt Arroyo vs John Kolosci

    Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price

    Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet

  2. Registered User
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,081
    Answers
    0

    What time does it start?
  3. Registered User
    Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0

    9 pm on Spike.
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,355
    Answers
    1

    Guida

    Mac Danzig

    War Machine

    George Sotiropolous

    Ben Saunders

    Richie Hightower

    Matt Arroyo

    Roman Mitichyan

    Jonathan Goulet
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Registered User
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    Is this a contest?

    Guida - Decision
    Danzig - Submission round 2
    J-Roc - TKO round 2
    Miles - Decision
    Saunders - TKO round 1
    Hightower - KO round 2
    Arroyo - Submission round 3
    Mitichyan - Decision
    Goulet - TKO round 1
  6. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    Great fights all night!

    Aside from Guida/Huerta and J-Roc/Koppenhaver, the picks were pretty easy. Nonetheless, everyone put on a great show.

    I DVR'ed it and watched a bit later. What was the big announcement? If it was made, it got cut off my recording.
  7. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    forest griffin will be the new coach on the next season, and they revamped the formatt of the show.
  8. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    When I saw Wandy there, I thought they were going to do Wandy/Rampage. That would be a great coaching set. Wandy actually said he'd be a fighter on the show in a recent interview.

    Is Rampage the other coach? I assume he is.
  9. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Yeah, that's what I saw on the forums, Rampage vs. Griffin for TUF 7.

    Great fight in the main event. I love both of those guys.
  10. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    who won the guida huerta fight? I missed the third round, I had guida winning it.

    some good fights tonight.

    I cant find the results. Some one should post them...
  11. Registered User
    Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=pistonpump;1124302]who won the guida huerta fight? I missed the third round, I had guida winning it.







    Huerta - RNC 3rd round
    What happened to the other 2 fights that were supposed to be on the card? Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price and Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet. Did they just not televise those two?
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,355
    Answers
    1

    those last two were nontelevised.

    In terms of TUF 7, I heard MW's and Forrest v. Rampage
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    dorian was subbed via ankle lock in like 23 seconds of first round.

    goulet choked out the other guy

    That is dissappointing that Guida lost. I really like that guy. He was giving Huerta a real hard time and i thought for sure he had the fight.
  14. Registered User
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Answers
    0

    War machine vs J Rock was a bloody good fight. Kolosci really needs to work some submission defense or just stop going for the take down.
  15. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    The reiterator strikes again.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,355
    Answers
    1

    Jroc reminds me of Solomon from season 3, loads of talent but just missing something
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Jroc reminds me of Solomon from season 3, loads of talent but just missing something
    a chin?
  18. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Yeah, those guys all have "Randleman Syndrome".
  19. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    I don't think there was a single bad fight last night. Very impressive all around. Mac's gameplan was great, but I didn't think he'd be able to take Tommy down like that. Tommy needs a good team, and then he'll have a great shot.

    JRoc/War Machine was insane. Saunders/Barrera was the only decision, and that was pretty exciting too. That was better than most PPV's in terms of every fight delivering, and we got to see 7 fights on free TV.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,136
    Answers
    0

    The Finale was almost as good as any PPV that they have put out this year. The Koppenhaver/Rollins fight was a great fight and the Huerta/Guida fight was one of the best fight that I have ever seen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Answers
    0

    On some forums, people are saying Huerta just got lucky with the sub. I think that is BS. Guida was obviously losing the first 2 due to being overly aggressive and getting taken down, but he was winning on the feet. He also proved that he has a great chin after taking that crazy hook after he sprawled and the knee to the face while grounded. What we saw in the third was an example of a great fighter making an adjustment to what was happening in the fight with that perfectly timed knee. Huge props to both fighters.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The Finale was almost as good as any PPV that they have put out this year. The Koppenhaver/Rollins fight was a great fight and the Huerta/Guida fight was one of the best fight that I have ever seen.
    I think Huerta may have dispelled some thoughts that he is only hype there as well. Surviving that GnP at the end of the second round after he was wobbled showed alot of poise, and the comeback in the third round was phenomenal.
  23. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    On some forums, people are saying Huerta just got lucky with the sub. I think that is BS. Guida was obviously losing the first 2 due to being overly aggressive and getting taken down, but he was winning on the feet. He also proved that he has a great chin after taking that crazy hook after he sprawled and the knee to the face while grounded. What we saw in the third was an example of a great fighter making an adjustment to what was happening in the fight with that perfectly timed knee. Huge props to both fighters.
    The knee when he was down mainly hit Huerta in the shoulder. I actually thought the standup was fairly even until the end. I don't know how Guida can strike with his hair in his eyes all the time.

    Huerta timed two of those knees perfectly and was smart enough to stand and knee rather than going with a flying knee that would have ended with him on the ground. Does Roger train with Sherk (I know he's in Minn.)? Anywho Sherk will probably keep taking him down at will if Roger ever fights him.

    There is some serious talent at 155 even just from TUFs, Danzig, George (I assume), Lauzon, Manny, Diaz, Kenflo, Diego (think he's moving down),...
  24. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    a chin?
    Yeah, he was out pretty quickly, but War Machine really launched some big shots. Slow first round, but great fight/comeback as others have said.

    Slick sub by Arroyo as well. Tommy seemed a way too nervous in the big fight. Overall the event looked almost as good as the next Rambo movie ("let the bodies hit the floor"....)
  25. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Holy sh!t! I saw Hughes sit down at a monitor during the finale, but didn't realize that he was watching PBF-Hatton.

  26. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    dorian was subbed via ankle lock in like 23 seconds of first round.
  27. Registered User
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Does Roger train with Sherk (I know he's in Minn.)? Anywho Sherk will probably keep taking him down at will if Roger ever fights him.
    I don't think he does. Roger trains at Dave Menes warrior gym, and Sherk is at Minnesota martial art academy. It's possible that they have trained together but probably not that often.
  28. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    I don't think he does. Roger trains at Dave Menes warrior gym, and Sherk is at Minnesota martial art academy. It's possible that they have trained together but probably not that often.
    Yeah, I think you're right. I saw that he said that he was interested in fighting Sherk so I assume that they don't train together.

    Sherk has officially been stripped of the title then, huh?
  29. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    you guys gave the first two rounds to Huerta? I didnt think so...

    Jroc went out easy on his TUF match during the season as well.

    Dorian should just go fight muay thai or something, the guy has no chance against anyone on the ground lol.
  30. Registered User
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    Awesome fight card. I wanted to give J-Roc vs War Machine fight of the night until the Guida vs Huerta fight. Also I missed Dana's "big announcement" but I assumed it was Griffin vs Rampage TUF7.

    BTW, I sill think Guida is a better fighter than Huerta. I like to think if they fought 10 times who would win? I personally think Guida would take at least 7 of them. However Huerta is a tough mofo and knows how to win. LW division is just awesome right now. I mean seriously, compare those 2 to a fight like Sylvia / Vera or AA vs Werdum. I like to see the HW b/c of the power but the LW have nonstop energy.
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,136
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    Awesome fight card. I wanted to give J-Roc vs War Machine fight of the night until the Guida vs Huerta fight. Also I missed Dana's "big announcement" but I assumed it was Griffin vs Rampage TUF7.

    BTW, I sill think Guida is a better fighter than Huerta. I like to think if they fought 10 times who would win? I personally think Guida would take at least 7 of them. However Huerta is a tough mofo and knows how to win. LW division is just awesome right now. I mean seriously, compare those 2 to a fight like Sylvia / Vera or AA vs Werdum. I like to see the HW b/c of the power but the LW have nonstop energy.
    I said about a year ago that the LW division has the most depth and promise for the future. It is definitely the deepest division and will always be interesting and competitive. that being said, as long as BJ stays there, then he will remain champ.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Registered User
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I said about a year ago that the LW division has the most depth and promise for the future. It is definitely the deepest division and will always be interesting and competitive. that being said, as long as BJ stays there, then he will remain champ.
    After the last PPV where I had some guys new to the sport, they were not impressed. Luckily I recorded this one and will show it to them and say "This is what that last PPV should have looked like". It seems the TUF finales and UFN shows are the best shows lately.

    I honestly think Sherk can give BJ a run at it. Sadly, I do not believe Sherk can finish BJ so we might have a 5 round match with Sherk on top and BJ trying subs. I also think there are a few guys that can give him trouble, although there is obviously nobody in LW that I would pick as a favorite over Penn.

    I hope that someday the UFC has a 145 division as well.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,136
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    After the last PPV where I had some guys new to the sport, they were not impressed. Luckily I recorded this one and will show it to them and say "This is what that last PPV should have looked like". It seems the TUF finales and UFN shows are the best shows lately.

    I honestly think Sherk can give BJ a run at it. Sadly, I do not believe Sherk can finish BJ so we might have a 5 round match with Sherk on top and BJ trying subs. I also think there are a few guys that can give him trouble, although there is obviously nobody in LW that I would pick as a favorite over Penn.

    I hope that someday the UFC has a 145 division as well.
    Bj/Sherk would be competitive, but I think that BJ will pull it out in the end.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,355
    Answers
    1

    I agree, BJ is just too freakishly talented when motivated and in shape
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  35. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    id love to them two just stand up and strike cuz i know BJ would put his lights out!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 04:47 AM
  2. TUF 10 Finale Pick'em (now with fiber!!)
    By sonofsteven in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM
  4. The Lifeguard....finally
    By Lifeguard in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 12:07 AM
  5. final help
    By shady in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in