No more, "Let's get it on!"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Big" Joh McCarthy is set to retire after this Saturday's TUF Finale. This is a major loss to the MMA community, especially since BJM is one of the symbols of the UFC. I will definitely miss his officiating and I hope the others will adequately pick up the slack.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Mazagatti's stache > BJM :lol: No that sucks because he was the best. Oh well, there's still Herb Dean:rolleyes:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife always *****es when Herb Dean refs a fight, lol! The first thing out of her mouth is always, "Isn't he the one that always stops the fights too soon?"

...and rumor has it that Cecil Peoples has two glass eyes...I'm just sayin'...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Dana probably forced him into retiring, after Big John said Fedor was the best in the world a few months ago.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's been there since the UFC 1, right?

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
this sucks da big one, maybe hes gonna fight instead!!! haha

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Whoever was reffing in the last Marcus Davis fight was great. He was about to stop it, but saw Davis recover, and Davis came back with a gutsy victory.

Nonetheless, BJM will be missed.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
They've got a lot of good refs coming up. I've never had a problem with Lavign (sp?), Mazzagati, Yamasaki. I'm not sure who they used at the last East Coast UFC but they had the marine looking guy and then that absolute monster of a ref.

However even with them, BJM was a symbol of the UFC and I'm sure as a fighter (I know I was as a viewer) it was calming to see him there b/c you knew he'd call it fair, let a winner be decided convincingly, yet still protect the figters. He will be missed.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
That's a long time.. 1994 to present officiating UFC shows.. on the road, away from his family. He's got a huge gym with good trainers up in Santa Clarita. He also is going to be a fight analyst, so he's going to be doing good, with a better quality of life if you ask me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
They need to bring back that disgusting pedophile looking ref from UFC1, and of course as Jas will appreciate, Rich "The G-man" Goins, the greatest announcer of all time.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
They need to bring back that disgusting pedophile looking ref from UFC1, and of course as Jas will appreciate, Rich "The G-man" Goins, the greatest announcer of all time.
:head: Maybe have the guy holding the globe painted in the center of the ring again and everyone enter to the same classic music.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:head: Maybe have the guy holding the globe painted in the center of the ring again and everyone enter to the same classic music.
Seemed like the cage was 50 yards in diameter.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seemed like the cage was 50 yards in diameter.
It did, that things was huge.

Is it too much to ask that BJM replace Mike Goldberg's inept ass in the announcing booth?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
As inept as Mike Goldberg sounds, Frank Mir's partner commentator is a jackass. "HOW DEEP IS IT?" Stupid mook.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sorry to see him go, he was the best ref IMO, great no Herb Dean my screw up another fight