UFC 79: Nemesis. Picks contest.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Hughes got spanked up and I fail to see how GSP acted like a douche. The guy is a class act all the way and one of the best pound for pound fighters in the sport. I also noticed the size advantage that Liddell had over Silva. I'll give Silva credit though, he hung in there after taking some massive punishment.
    GSP is a class act. Eveyone saying he is a douche doesn't know what the **** your talking about. You guys just can't stand to see a canadian win. Now Serra that's a douche.
    He's not a douche, I thought that was a classy move at the end with the belt. CNorris just cannot handle that his cornbread country boy is a bush-league fighter compared to GSP.



  2. I think GSP could handle freakin' anyone... damn.

    He could probably own liddell at this point.
    •   
       


  3. How about Clementi's full nelson attempt?

  4. I don't see how you can say GSP is a douche, especially if you're a Hughes fan. And Machida has my favorite style to watch in the UFC right now. Educated fans appriciate it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    I don't see how you can say GSP is a douche, especially if you're a Hughes fan. And Machida has my favorite style to watch in the UFC right now. Educated fans appriciate it.
    For sure. It's incredibly technical and maybe the most strategic LHW. However, for me at least, appreciation and entertainment at times do not mix.
    •   
       


  6. Machida-Chuck, make it happen.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Machida-Chuck, make it happen.
    I can't see Chuck bringing anything to that fight, and as much as I love Machida's style, that could be a boring fight.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    I don't see how you can say GSP is a douche, especially if you're a Hughes fan. And Machida has my favorite style to watch in the UFC right now. Educated fans appriciate it.
    Oh, Norris is educated, he's just a sh*t starting a**hole.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    I can't see Chuck bringing anything to that fight, and as much as I love Machida's style, that could be a boring fight.
    Yeah, Chuck would lose. That's what I like about it. But Machida would probably be extra cautious...

  10. I really wanna see MAchida fight Jardine or Thiago Silva for #1 contender. I think Machida v. Page would be fairly entertaining as Page would get frustrated by him

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, Chuck would lose. That's what I like about it. But Machida would probably be extra cautious...

    Machida is getting alittle to much respect, chuck would be a good match up, but i dont see how anybody would say that liddell would simply lose.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Machida is getting alittle to much respect, chuck would be a good match up, but i dont see how anybody would say that liddell would simply lose.
    I think the respect is deserved, but I agree, Chuck would have a very good chance of winning that fight.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I think the respect is deserved, but I agree, Chuck would have a very good chance of winning that fight.
    well Im not saying that machida shouldnt get any respect, but it was obvious that souk was very overated and looked completely clueless on what to do on his back or even prevent being taken down, he looked real slow for a LHW.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Machida is getting alittle to much respect, chuck would be a good match up, but i dont see how anybody would say that liddell would simply lose.
    who has beat him so far.

  15. My quick thoughts:

    Machida should w/o a doubt fight for the title.

    Liddell did the smartest thing I have ever seen him do in a fight by taking Silva down twice in the final round to secure himself a victory.

    GSP is unbelievable how good he is.

    Heavyweights continue to be a boring weight class. They should show more 155 fights in place of the boring big guys.

  16. I agree about the HW's. I can see Nog/Tim being a bore fest.

  17. Its Lyoto not Ryoto Machida BTW. And I thought you guys were hardcore fans? lol

  18. the chuck vs wandi fight was pretty disappointing. I expected more out of wandi.

  19. I thought it was a great fight.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Its Lyoto not Ryoto Machida BTW. And I thought you guys were hardcore fans? lol
    His name is Lyoto "Ryoto" Machida.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    the chuck vs wandi fight was pretty disappointing. I expected more out of wandi.
    I'm not sure what else you were expecting. Wandy probably knew that if he chased Chuck he'd get caught with an odd-angled back pedaling shot, leaving himself vulnerable. He waited for Chuck to engage and swung off. There were more good exchanges in that fight alone than in some UFC cards as a whole. I thought it was a great fight.

  22. It was definitely a great fight. Honestly I didn't see it going all 3 rounds, but it was a good 3 rounds. I only saw it going 1, with someone getting knocked cold. I'm glad Chuck won, but I'm not taking anything away from Wandy. He is one of the best. I hope there is a rematch.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    His name is Lyoto "Ryoto" Machida.
    well damn I got owned then I guess haha.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I'm not sure what else you were expecting. Wandy probably knew that if he chased Chuck he'd get caught with an odd-angled back pedaling shot, leaving himself vulnerable. He waited for Chuck to engage and swung off. There were more good exchanges in that fight alone than in some UFC cards as a whole. I thought it was a great fight.
    Wandi was too careful and not the hungry animal we saw in Pride. I think he had an opportunity but didn't capitalize on it. I didn't think much of the exchanges to be honest.

  25. I thought the Wand VS Liddell was one of the best matches I have seen in the UFC.

    GSP was unreal, that guy is so zoned into the art of fighting its rediculous.

    Liddell is still one of my favorite fighters of all time, I think he has a great chance to beat anyone they put infront of him in the cage.

    Yes even Quinton, regardless of how counter-style Quinton is to Liddell, Liddell is just a fierce natural fighter. He can pull off some amazing, out-of-nowhere knockout punches.

    And they aren't "lucky" he trains for those weird-angle back-pedaling knockout hits.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    Wandi was too careful and not the hungry animal we saw in Pride. I think he had an opportunity but didn't capitalize on it. I didn't think much of the exchanges to be honest.
    Wandy could have charged forward headfirst, guns blazing, or thrown overheads and gone for a clinch, both probably ending up in Wand being knocked out in the first. Chuck's punches were stunning Wand in those exchanges, clearer shots would have put him away. I'm personally glad he didn't just charge in, it made for a good battle.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Wandy could have charged forward headfirst, guns blazing, or thrown overheads and gone for a clinch, both probably ending up in Wand being knocked out in the first. Chuck's punches were stunning Wand in those exchanges, clearer shots would have put him away. I'm personally glad he didn't just charge in, it made for a good battle.
    he should have taken the chance in my opinion. He might have been knocked out but he could have also had it the other way around. I think its better than getting smashed in those exchanges where is height is a disadvantage.

  28. First off i dont know how any one can say that the Chuck Silva fight was a disapointment..It was an exciting round for round exchange and chuck clearly dominated.. Silva can definitly take a punch but he did not have an upper hand a single round.. As for the # 1 contender for 205, have you all forgot about forest griffen? He has a guarenteed tittle shot after the next season of the TUF show. I thing alot of the Pride fighters are having trouble in the cage,(crokop,Silva,Shogun,ect) I have yet to be impressed.. I also feel that Chuck is beeing counted out too soon..He is a world class fighter that had two bad fights,I think this win will turn things around for him...

  29. teh Cuck/Wandy fight was one of the best I have seen, and I have been wathing since UFC1. With that said, I would have liked to see more out of Wandy, but I think that Chuck's game plan was better and it showed

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    teh Cuck/Wandy fight was one of the best I have seen, and I have been wathing since UFC1. With that said, I would have liked to see more out of Wandy, but I think that Chuck's game plan was better and it showed
    wandy needs to get back on the juice!!! you can tell he has not been doing it! just not the same fighter !!

    by the way gsp is a class act! the guy is just straight humble !
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. UFC 74 Picks Contest!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
  2. UFC 71 Picks contest
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
  3. UFC 69 Picks Contest
    By size in forum MMA
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
  4. UFC 68 Picks Contest!
    By Rogue Drone in forum MMA
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 11:36 PM
  5. UFC 67 Picks Contest
    By Rogue Drone in forum MMA
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Log in
Log in