Sherk found guilty

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The CSAC found SHerk guilty todayt and sentenced him to a 6 month suspension. WIth time served he can fight again in January. However, since Dana White has said if he is found guilty he will be stripped, now time will tell if that is the case. Looks like BJ v. Joe Daddy will be for the LW title and not the interim title.

BJ by sub early in rd 2

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe Dana went on record renouncing that claim. He stated that the 'mishandling' of the case caused him to change his mind apparently. The Barnacle is in this forum crying somewhere.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
So they reduced the sentence, huh. Nice. I'm glad that we'll get to see him fight again soon. I think that the UFC will try to sweep it under the rug to the average Joe-Blow fan and let Sherky keep the belt.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a feeling Dana will do that as well. So odd, the attitude towards juicing in comparison with other sports eh?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really think that Dana needs to strip him of the belt. He was found guilty. Give him the first shot at the winner of BJ v. Joe, that way he has a chance to redeem himself.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really think that Dana needs to strip him of the belt. He was found guilty. Give him the first shot at the winner of BJ v. Joe, that way he has a chance to redeem himself.
He was hardly found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If this case were handled like a criminal trial he would have easily been re-instated. I hope Dana doesn't strip him since the CSAC could not have mishandled this case more than they did. None of its members have a background in biology or medicine except for one doctor that wasnt present at yesterdays meeting. There are countless studies showing that OTC supplements can cause false positives for nandrolone, and why would he be doing DECA if he was going to be tested. Sherk is not that stupid and its pretty clear the most likely situation is that supplements caused the false positive. I think this is more likely than a guy like Sherk risking his title, his career and thousands of dollars by taking a steroid that can test positive for up to 18 months.

If supplements have been shown to cause false nandrolone positives and he takes 32 of them and trains like a madman, its not unreasonable to believe this was a false positive. Dont forget his Xience joint formula tested positive for anabolic agents (cant remember which one).

Its pathetic how the masses are so uneducated about steroids, supplements and naturally occuring hormones. As soon as the public hears an athlete failed a steroid test they bring out their torches and pitchforks and dont give the athlete any chance in hell of making thier case no matter what the relevant facts are.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was hardly found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If this case were handled like a criminal trial he would have easily been re-instated. I hope Dana doesn't strip him since the CSAC could not have mishandled this case more than they did. None of its members have a background in biology or medicine except for one doctor that wasnt present at yesterdays meeting. There are countless studies showing that OTC supplements can cause false positives for nandrolone, and why would he be doing DECA if he was going to be tested. Sherk is not that stupid and its pretty clear the most likely situation is that supplements caused the false positive. I think this is more likely than a guy like Sherk risking his title, his career and thousands of dollars by taking a steroid that can test positive for up to 18 months.

If supplements have been shown to cause false nandrolone positives and he takes 32 of them and trains like a madman, its not unreasonable to believe this was a false positive. Dont forget his Xience joint formula tested positive for anabolic agents (cant remember which one).

the issue is he WAS found guilty, then he needs to be stripped

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

Its pathetic how the masses are so uneducated about steroids, supplements and naturally occuring hormones. As soon as the public hears an athlete failed a steroid test they bring out their torches and pitchforks and dont give the athlete any chance in hell of making thier case no matter what the relevant facts are.
:goodpost: No doubt. The whole thing is really sketchy on the part of the CSAC. They don't want one of their rulings overturned because then they would be subject to having all sorts of scrutiny and challenges, but they reduce sentences because basically they lack evidence or have much evidence against them. I don't know all the details of Sherk's case, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Baroni actually seemed to have a very strong case against them.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
Even if he is stripped of the title, he'll get it right back as soon as he has a shot. That man is a pure BEAST.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would depend on BJ's conditioning (assuming he gets past this next bout). But, it always depends on BJ's conditioning, I suppose. He handled greater wrestlers than Sherk (Hughes/GSP) at 170, and 155 is a better weight for him. However, that is assuming he will win the interim title and be prepared for either fight. I will assume he won't, and would bet on Sherk.

The CSAC screwed this hard though. Sherk independently tested the joint formula from Xyience as Norris mentioned, which came back as a false positive. I believe he also passed a polygraph did he not? Whether or not he actually used steroids, the case evidence does not corroborate with that. If it does not fit, you must acquit.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Even if he is stripped of the title, he'll get it right back as soon as he has a shot. That man is a pure BEAST.
The Hilo Boy might have something to say about that. Sherk is amazing, but BJ is on a different level IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: No doubt. The whole thing is really sketchy on the part of the CSAC. They don't want one of their rulings overturned because then they would be subject to having all sorts of scrutiny and challenges, but they reduce sentences because basically they lack evidence or have much evidence against them. I don't know all the details of Sherk's case, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Baroni actually seemed to have a very strong case against them.
Dude, you're giving out "good posting" emoticons to Norris. I've never received one of those from you, thats bullsh*t. Norris is keeping sh*t civil, Mullet quit talking like some sort of child prodigy, and gave Norris a little nod, you're sweating Norris' posts, friggin twilight zone over here.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, you're giving out "good posting" emoticons to Norris. I've never received one of those from you, thats bullsh*t. Norris is keeping sh*t civil, Mullet quit talking like some sort of child prodigy, and gave Norris a little nod, you're sweating Norris' posts, friggin twilight zone over here.
Settle down and go eat your cyanide sandwich. :food:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meh, I was tired of Jas constantly popping into threads for the sole purpose of calling me a pretentious prick (the irony of that action is lost on the cat, but I let it slide). It got annoying.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Meh, I was tired of Jas constantly popping into threads for the sole purpose of calling me a pretentious prick (the irony of that action is lost on the cat, but I let it slide). It got annoying.
Sounds like you learned your lesson, but if you didn't I have plenty more Encyclopedia Britanica clips to unleash.
"Hi, remember me......."

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No, but I've given you the disgusted Wandy clip before.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you learned your lesson, but if you didn't I have plenty more Encyclopedia Britanica clips to unleash.
"Hi, remember me......."
A little self-righteous don't you think? I didn't learn ****, that is the manner I speak in, but if you're going to follow me around and cry in every thread the choice was obvious.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
IMO Sherk should keep the belt. Screw an interm belt, just let BJ fight him for the title.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
"Hi, remember me......."
Is that you and fedor in your AV pic?

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
It would depend on BJ's conditioning (assuming he gets past this next bout). But, it always depends on BJ's conditioning, I suppose. He handled greater wrestlers than Sherk (Hughes/GSP) at 170, and 155 is a better weight for him. However, that is assuming he will win the interim title and be prepared for either fight. I will assume he won't, and would bet on Sherk.

The CSAC screwed this hard though. Sherk independently tested the joint formula from Xyience as Norris mentioned, which came back as a false positive. I believe he also passed a polygraph did he not? Whether or not he actually used steroids, the case evidence does not corroborate with that. If it does not fit, you must acquit.
I believe it tested positive for something other than Nandrolone (sp?) so it wasn't the cause of Sherk's positive.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but it was done to show the propensity of 'OTC' supplements to cause false positives. I think it was initially done to show the imperfection in the CSAC's methods, and how horribly unreliable they are.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
A little self-righteous don't you think? I didn't learn ****, that is the manner I speak in, but if you're going to follow me around and cry in every thread the choice was obvious.
Haha, I thought that would piss you off Mullet. Relax. Remember how the game is played you jab, I jab back or vice versa, and I posted in one thread that I was directed to.