Don Frye vs Sonny Westbrook

Kegger

Awards
WOW....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?TID=1172060&PID=1&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mma.tv%2Ftuf%2Findex.cfm%3Fac%3DListMessages&FID=1&v=7OrDufcwoqg

There's a long backstory on this one...

First off Westbrook is a bodyguard employed by Dog the Bounty Hunter. He was with Leland Chapman (Dog's son) at an MMA event that Chapman was scheduled to compete in. The event ended up getting cancelled by the California State Athletic Commission after the cage they were going to use that night wasn't able to be assembled correctly.

Anyway the promoters promised the fighters 20% of their purses if the event was to be cancelled. Well during a meeting between the promoters and the fighters, the fighters found out that they wouldn't be receiving any money at all. An argument ensued and its unknown exactly how Frye and Westbrook started fighting but Frye obviously ended up losing. Reports of Frye being drunk also vary.

I've also heard that they ended up fighting again later that night and Frye was knocked out completely and taken to the hospital but others have claimed that it wasn't true since Frye was at the arena signing autographs at a wrestling convention later that night.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to see what happens, but it looks like Frye takes a big shot when someone else grabs a hold of him.

Don Frye just lucky Leland didn't bust out the mace spray.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My guess is Frye was hammered. I would like to get to the bottom of this. I'll give Dear Don, a shot:lol:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to see what happens, but it looks like Frye takes a big shot when someone else grabs a hold of him.

Don Frye just lucky Leland didn't bust out the mace spray.
Have you seen Leland in a MMA fight? My guess is he's not very good. His athleticism is on par with Phil Mickelson's. One episode him and Dog box each other in the gym, but it's body only so it meant nothing. Leland does win though. Another episode an old man swings on Leland and Leland gheyly pulls guard and the troops come in and save him. In multiple episodes Leland is seen falling down or being run over by the convicts. If you have any other questions about Dog the bounty hunter just let me know:wtf:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I will say this, from watching episodes with Sonny involved he seemed like an extremely easy going salt of the earth type. Seems like the last guy that would want to fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I will say this, from watching episodes with Sonny involved he seemed like an extremely easy going salt of the earth type. Seems like the last guy that would want to fight.
Was that in episode #168 or #519 in the Dog catalog?

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
the dude is a samoan hes cousin doug is a golden glove boxing champ from way befor even sonny, the cousin doug ows and runs waianae boxing gym in Hawaii, his son is one of my good friends, sonny and leland is more of trainers than fighters ya know, leland isnt a really good MMA fighter to stiff, but sonny is that quiet somoan that when **** goes down watch out he kinda reminds me of Mark Hunt.

Just to add they come from a family of royalty in samoa