M1 Nye

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
M1 has announced it's NYE card. It's being put on with the help of the old Pride staff which is cool. This has been an ongoing drama, so I would not be shocked if something changed. Here's a list of the fighters confirmed for it;

Fedor Emelianenko
Joachim Hansen
Ricardo Arona
Gilbert Melendez
Luiz Azeredo
Aoki Shinya
Kazuo Misaki
TatsuyaKawajiri
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Mitsuhiro Ishida

Pretty awesome. You'll note there is no Hong Man Choi, which is where the speculation that Arona is fighting Fedor is coming from. It should be noted, however, that Alexander E. and Zestnov are also supposedly on the card, despite not being on the list.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I am so amped for this. I'm assuming this will be on PPV, delayed like all the Pride events. I saw the picture for this event with all the fighters there, and Cnorris will be happy to know that the Pride announcer lady is in the house, along with the in ring "Elvis" Pride announcer dude. Can't wait to hear what the full card will be.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It looks good, but I want to see the matchups before I get too excited. I also don't always believe the advertisements for who will be fighting.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
JZ vs. Aoki is official.:head::head::head::head::head::head:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JZ vs. Aoki is official.:head::head::head::head::head::head:
This is going to be a sick fight plus Mach is finally back. This card is shaping up to be quite nice and they even got the shrieking PRIDE lady.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it really seems like it's a Pride event. Maybe more like a Bushido event.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it really seems like it's a Pride event. Maybe more like a Bushido event.
PRIDE never dies. This is more like PRIDE V2.0. They can rebuild it, they have the technology (and the money)...

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
PRIDE LADY!!!!!!!! WWWHOOOOOWHOOOOOO!!!

Card looks good too. Fedor vs. Arona would be awesome. GO RICARDO!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This is going to be a sick fight plus Mach is finally back. This card is shaping up to be quite nice and they even got the shrieking PRIDE lady.
That's all I really cared about, is that they got the PRIDE lady. Seriously though, that's like the icing on the cake.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Lenne Hardt is where it's at baby.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Cnorris where are you at? You should be destroying these Pride announcer lady lovers.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
More fights:

Kawajiri-Azeredo
Ishida-Melendez

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cnorris where are you at? You should be destroying these Pride announcer lady lovers.
I would rather hear a dentists drill, fillabustering Harry Reid, Guttoral heave, vomit splats, out of tune violin, microphone feedback, train wheel screech, fingernail on a chalk board, public toilet plops and a group of 12 screaming toddlers all at once than hear the Pride Lady ever again. :aargh:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it should also be remembered that this is NOT an M-1 event.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Anybody know if Comcast offers HDnet? Sorry for the lazyness.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about Norris, but I'm pumped for this event. According to mmafightline.com:

Sakurai vs Hikehiko Hasegawa
Melendez vs Ishida
Kawajiri vs Azeredo
Aoki vs JZ
Misaki vs Akiyama(time for my boy to prove he is definitely top 10)
Fedor vs TBA
Aleksander vs TBA
Hansen vs TBA
Arona vs TBA
Hunt vs TBA
Zentsov vs TBA

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about Norris, but I'm pumped for this event. According to mmafightline.com:

Sakurai vs Hikehiko Hasegawa
Melendez vs Ishida
Kawajiri vs Azeredo
Aoki vs JZ
Misaki vs Akiyama(time for my boy to prove he is definitely top 10)
Fedor vs TBA
Aleksander vs TBA
Hansen vs TBA
Arona vs TBA
Hunt vs TBA
Zentsov vs TBA
Or to cheat again...

Seriously, though, this card has insane potential. I would really like to see Hunt V Aleks or Zentsov. The 4 LW fights alone make this a bad-ass card.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Or to cheat again...

Seriously, though, this card has insane potential. I would really like to see Hunt V Aleks or Zentsov. The 4 LW fights alone make this a bad-ass card.
I'm telling you, this time he is gonna use a tazer in the ring, dude is the sh*t. Have you seen Hasegawa fight? I don't know anything about him. And yes, Hunt vs Aleks or Zentsov would be great. I would prefer it to be Aleks, but Zentsov will do for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm telling you, this time he is gonna use a tazer in the ring, dude is the sh*t. Have you seen Hasegawa fight? I don't know anything about him.
He is a good grappler, but I haven't seen any footage of him. He mainly competes in Pancrase and DEEP.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It looks like CNorris was right that the JZ-Aoki fight isn't happening. I fvcking hate more than anything when a company pulls this sh!t and promotes fights that are never going to occur. :FUfinger:

Hyped as one of the better fights scheduled for a busy New Year's Eve weekend, Shinya Aoki (Pictures) versus Gesias Calvancante (Pictures) will not come to fruition, sources tell Sherdog.com.

Why the Yarennoka! card -- a co-promotion between former PRIDE FC employees and upstart M-1 Global in what has been billed as a "Farwell to PRIDE" -- will miss its most interesting match is still in question.

Calvancante is rumored to be coming off knee and nose surgeries in Brazil. It is known that the 23-year-old Brazilian, ranked third at 155 pounds by Sherdog.com, has not been in Florida to train for this fight with his American Top Team camp.

Complicating the situation is the fact that "JZ" did not mention any injury concerns in a recent interview with Sherdog.com.

When questioned about the status of the bout, which was officially announced at a press conference in Tokyo on Nov. 28, M-1 Global CEO Monte Cox stated that if the fight is off, no one has informed him.

"As far as I know the fight is still happening," said Cox, "and it is one I am really looking forward to seeing."

Despite Cox's comments, sources speaking on the condition of anonymity told Sherdog.com that the fight won't take place and an announcement will be made in the coming week withdrawing it from the Yarennoka! lineup, which will be shown live in the U.S. on HDNet starting at 6 a.m. ET on Dec. 31.

In mid-September Calvancante (14-1-1), considered among the fastest ascending stars in the division, won a second consecutive K-1 HERO'S lightweight tournament championship.

Meanwhile Aoki, 11-2-0, is a slick 24-year-old grappler who has run off eight consecutive victories, including an impressive gogoplata submission over former Shooto champion Joachim Hansen (Pictures) last New Year's Eve.

According to one source, Aoki-Calvancante might happen sometime in 2008 when the Brazilian is healthy enough to compete.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Aoki-JZ is officially off according to sherdog.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebigt Iron Legion 1
delsolrob Company Promotions 11
cheftepesh1 Company Promotions 4
rodefeeh General Chat 26
Anabolics 22