The long awaited vid

  1. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    The long awaited vid


    I finally found it today

    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I don't understand.

    Why did he stop the fight?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    I don't understand.

    Why did he stop the fight?


    CROWLER
    Watch his right arm at 3:59, he tapped multiple times, but he didn't remember doing it. My guess was flash KO.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2650
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    81.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    My guess is that he does not like getting punched in the face at all. Excellent job, we're proud of you here at AM!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    My guess is that he does not like getting punched in the face at all. Excellent job, we're proud of you here at AM!
    Thanks, Alex.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  6. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.09%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Nice job Rodj
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Nice job of controlling posture in half-guard.
  8. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2152
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    64.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Congrats dude, that was a nasty position you had him in, with the arm trapped. You didn't have much room, but those were some good shots from close range right on the jaw. It looked like he definitely tapped. Sucks there had to be some controversy for your first win.

    I liked how you bobbed under the big hook at about 3.30, then moved in to the body lock that led to your finish. You're a squirmy bastard on the ground, too. It was also impressive how you were able to nullify his offense when you had him in your guard. He couldn't do anything.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Congrats dude, that was a nasty position you had him in, with the arm trapped. You didn't have much room, but those were some good shots from close range right on the jaw. It looked like he definitely tapped. Sucks there had to be some controversy for your first win.

    I liked how you bobbed under the big hook at about 3.30, then moved in to the body lock that led to your finish. You're a squirmy bastard on the ground, too. It was also impressive how you were able to nullify his offense when you had him in your guard. He couldn't do anything.
    Thanks, Beo. After watching it a few times, my only real complaint was that my shots were really crappy. I can nail them at any given moment in practice, but I can't seem to translate that into the cage, yet.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  10. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33559
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I finally found it today

    Congradulations bro. Thats ewhy I like boxing. I tryed MMa and I wont stand for a man on top of a man . Id rather just strait out punch and kick it out. preferally Punch
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33559
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I dont know where My maa fighting videos and m0ore importantly a couple of my boxign videos are. I asked my old boxing trainer if I could have them and he sayd he doesnt know where they are. Anyways this was like six years ago-Boxing.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Watch his right arm at 3:59, he tapped multiple times, but he didn't remember doing it. My guess was flash KO.
    Ok now I am REALLY confussed.

    Isn't that you in your avatar and also the guy in the white shorts on the video which means the other guy won?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  13. New Member
    MisterEZE's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    248
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    55.59%

    Nice Work Rodja!!! Congrats on your win. Excellent guard control in the beginning there. That was a HUGE hook you slipped. Just curious...what did the official weights turn out to be for the fight??
  14. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1691
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    fun to watch, too bad most of it was laying on each other i understand its hard to move hehe

    goodjob getting him !
  15. Senior Member
    BB12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    7672
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    25.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nicely done!
  16. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2161
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Ok now I am REALLY confussed.

    Isn't that you in your avatar and also the guy in the white shorts on the video which means the other guy won?


    CROWLER
    His avatar is Wanderlei Silva, one of the top 5 greatest MMA fighters of all time. Rodja was in the red shorts.

    Nice fight, Rodja. You've got some great ground skills.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEZE View Post
    Nice Work Rodja!!! Congrats on your win. Excellent guard control in the beginning there. That was a HUGE hook you slipped. Just curious...what did the official weights turn out to be for the fight??
    He weighed in at 168, I was at 170. I supposed to make my debut at 155, but my opponent got hurt 3 days before the event. The only replacement they could find was at 170 and I took the fight anyway.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  18. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1067
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    88.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You looked great in that fight. I wish he would have stood u guys up faster. He wasn't doing jack while u were getting alot of hits on the ground.

    He did tap!!!!!!! I hate when guys tap and then deny it. Bad loser. It seem as he was the crowd fav out of u 2. Congrats on the win!!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    You looked great in that fight. I wish he would have stood u guys up faster. He wasn't doing jack while u were getting alot of hits on the ground.

    He did tap!!!!!!! I hate when guys tap and then deny it. Bad loser. It seem as he was the crowd fav out of u 2. Congrats on the win!!
    When we went back to the locker room, he asked what happened because he didn't remember. He was a pretty cool dude and I felt bad for him because he came up there without anyone in his corner; he asked other dudes at the event to corner him.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  20. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1067
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    88.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    When we went back to the locker room, he asked what happened because he didn't remember. He was a pretty cool dude and I felt bad for him because he came up there without anyone in his corner; he asked other dudes at the event to corner him.
    That does suck for him. Damn did almost knock him silly Whats it like to get in a cage and get ready for a fight? Man that must be unreal. I want to find a place around here that offers something.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    That does suck for him. Damn did almost knock him silly Whats it like to get in a cage and get ready for a fight? Man that must be unreal. I want to find a place around here that offers something.
    It is really hard to describe what it is like. I like to say that I get in a state of "controlled rage" going in there. I felt a lot better for this fight because I barely had any weight to cut instead of the 12-15 that I had previously.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  22. Advanced Member
    vika808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    391
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    20.49%

    pretty cool it looks like you like the ground dont ya? was that the frist round??? if you dont mind by no disrespect but you could use alittle work on your stand up.
    congrats
  23. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by vika808 View Post
    pretty cool it looks like you like the ground dont ya? was that the frist round??? if you dont mind by no disrespect but you could use alittle work on your stand up.
    congrats
    Yeah, it was the 1st round and I know that I need to work on my stand-up more.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  24. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27398
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice work Roj. He did tap.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  25. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85510
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    31.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  26. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Hmmm, I did not see a definitive tap...

    I think the other guy got a bum deal.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Hmmm, I did not see a definitive tap...

    I think the other guy got a bum deal.
    Watch his right hand, which is under my shoulder, at 3:59 after I hit him with a clean right.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  28. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1189
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    49.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Very nice, man.
  29. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2152
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    64.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Watch his right hand, which is under my shoulder, at 3:59 after I hit him with a clean right.
    Yeah, I didn't realize it when I first watched it, but that short, hard shot right on the jaw did some damage.
  30. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11094
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice job, R!
  31. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Nice scrambling in the beginning. You didn't look lost on the ground at all and you kept rolling with the situation, good sign of confident jiu jitsu, props
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Nice scrambling in the beginning. You didn't look lost on the ground at all and you kept rolling with the situation, good sign of confident jiu jitsu, props
    It's called having "good hips." The ground is home for me, whether I am in their guard or vice-versa. I have the utmost confidence that once I get to position, then the fight will be over soon.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  33. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Watch his right hand, which is under my shoulder, at 3:59 after I hit him with a clean right.
    It was/is hard to see the tap, but I see it now.

    It is obvious he is as comfortable on the ground as you are on your feet...

    Actually you looked comfortable on your feet, but you can tell where you want to take the fight...
  34. New Member
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    6.38%

    Well I finally got a high speed connection so I could watch the vid. Good job nice finish! My only criticism is that it seemed like you tied him up for too long when he was in your guard. It looked like you didn't want to be hit from your guard but honestly had you not tied him up as much you could have probably gone for a sweep or another move.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,588
    Rep Power
    1215368
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Well I finally got a high speed connection so I could watch the vid. Good job nice finish! My only criticism is that it seemed like you tied him up for too long when he was in your guard. It looked like you didn't want to be hit from your guard but honestly had you not tied him up as much you could have probably gone for a sweep or another move.
    He was also basically pulling a LnP job. He tried to posture up only a handful of times and I was pressed against the cage for a period of time, which greatly limits the power you can generate for a sweep. I can pull off an omoplata sweep 90% of the time, but I didn't have the room to pull that off and he was to close for a scissor or pendulum sweep.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  36. New Member
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    6.38%

    I'm pretty sure you could have shrimped and made space.
    Well, nicely done though!
  37. Advanced Member
    vika808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    391
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    20.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's called having "good hips." The ground is home for me, whether I am in their guard or vice-versa. I have the utmost confidence that once I get to position, then the fight will be over soon.
    Thats a very bold statement. i like that
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Long Awaited Release: Enhanced by PES SALE!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM
  2. The Long Awaited Release: Enhanced by PES SALE!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum PES
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
  3. THE LONG AWAITED E-PHARM T-SHIRTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
    By truthornothin in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 11:46 PM
  4. The long awaited return of Sesathin...PRESALE!!!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
  5. Long awaited drs appt.......
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in