• Established
I don't understand.

Why did he stop the fight?

CROWLER

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that he does not like getting punched in the face at all. Excellent job, we're proud of you here at AM!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job of controlling posture in half-guard.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Congrats dude, that was a nasty position you had him in, with the arm trapped. You didn't have much room, but those were some good shots from close range right on the jaw. It looked like he definitely tapped. Sucks there had to be some controversy for your first win.

I liked how you bobbed under the big hook at about 3.30, then moved in to the body lock that led to your finish. You're a squirmy bastard on the ground, too. It was also impressive how you were able to nullify his offense when you had him in your guard. He couldn't do anything.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats dude, that was a nasty position you had him in, with the arm trapped. You didn't have much room, but those were some good shots from close range right on the jaw. It looked like he definitely tapped. Sucks there had to be some controversy for your first win.

I liked how you bobbed under the big hook at about 3.30, then moved in to the body lock that led to your finish. You're a squirmy bastard on the ground, too. It was also impressive how you were able to nullify his offense when you had him in your guard. He couldn't do anything.
Thanks, Beo. After watching it a few times, my only real complaint was that my shots were really crappy. I can nail them at any given moment in practice, but I can't seem to translate that into the cage, yet.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finally found it today

Congradulations bro. Thats ewhy I like boxing. I tryed MMa and I wont stand for a man on top of a man . Id rather just strait out punch and kick it out. preferally Punch

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont know where My maa fighting videos and m0ore importantly a couple of my boxign videos are. I asked my old boxing trainer if I could have them and he sayd he doesnt know where they are. Anyways this was like six years ago-Boxing.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Watch his right arm at 3:59, he tapped multiple times, but he didn't remember doing it. My guess was flash KO.
Ok now I am REALLY confussed.

Isn't that you in your avatar and also the guy in the white shorts on the video which means the other guy won?

CROWLER

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Nice Work Rodja!!! Congrats on your win. Excellent guard control in the beginning there. That was a HUGE hook you slipped. Just curious...what did the official weights turn out to be for the fight??

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
fun to watch, too bad most of it was laying on each other i understand its hard to move hehe

goodjob getting him !

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Nicely done!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ok now I am REALLY confussed.

Isn't that you in your avatar and also the guy in the white shorts on the video which means the other guy won?

CROWLER
:toofunny: His avatar is Wanderlei Silva, one of the top 5 greatest MMA fighters of all time. Rodja was in the red shorts.

Nice fight, Rodja. You've got some great ground skills.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Work Rodja!!! Congrats on your win. Excellent guard control in the beginning there. That was a HUGE hook you slipped. Just curious...what did the official weights turn out to be for the fight??
He weighed in at 168, I was at 170. I supposed to make my debut at 155, but my opponent got hurt 3 days before the event. The only replacement they could find was at 170 and I took the fight anyway.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
You looked great in that fight. I wish he would have stood u guys up faster. He wasn't doing jack while u were getting alot of hits on the ground.

He did tap!!!!!!! I hate when guys tap and then deny it. Bad loser. It seem as he was the crowd fav out of u 2. Congrats on the win!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You looked great in that fight. I wish he would have stood u guys up faster. He wasn't doing jack while u were getting alot of hits on the ground.

He did tap!!!!!!! I hate when guys tap and then deny it. Bad loser. It seem as he was the crowd fav out of u 2. Congrats on the win!!
When we went back to the locker room, he asked what happened because he didn't remember. He was a pretty cool dude and I felt bad for him because he came up there without anyone in his corner; he asked other dudes at the event to corner him.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
When we went back to the locker room, he asked what happened because he didn't remember. He was a pretty cool dude and I felt bad for him because he came up there without anyone in his corner; he asked other dudes at the event to corner him.
That does suck for him. Damn did almost knock him silly:rofl: Whats it like to get in a cage and get ready for a fight? Man that must be unreal. I want to find a place around here that offers something.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That does suck for him. Damn did almost knock him silly:rofl: Whats it like to get in a cage and get ready for a fight? Man that must be unreal. I want to find a place around here that offers something.
It is really hard to describe what it is like. I like to say that I get in a state of "controlled rage" going in there. I felt a lot better for this fight because I barely had any weight to cut instead of the 12-15 that I had previously.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
pretty cool it looks like you like the ground dont ya? was that the frist round??? if you dont mind by no disrespect but you could use alittle work on your stand up.
congrats

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pretty cool it looks like you like the ground dont ya? was that the frist round??? if you dont mind by no disrespect but you could use alittle work on your stand up.
congrats
Yeah, it was the 1st round and I know that I need to work on my stand-up more.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Nice work Roj. He did tap. :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Hmmm, I did not see a definitive tap...

I think the other guy got a bum deal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I did not see a definitive tap...

I think the other guy got a bum deal.
Watch his right hand, which is under my shoulder, at 3:59 after I hit him with a clean right.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Watch his right hand, which is under my shoulder, at 3:59 after I hit him with a clean right.
Yeah, I didn't realize it when I first watched it, but that short, hard shot right on the jaw did some damage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice scrambling in the beginning. You didn't look lost on the ground at all and you kept rolling with the situation, good sign of confident jiu jitsu, props

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice scrambling in the beginning. You didn't look lost on the ground at all and you kept rolling with the situation, good sign of confident jiu jitsu, props
It's called having "good hips." The ground is home for me, whether I am in their guard or vice-versa. I have the utmost confidence that once I get to position, then the fight will be over soon.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
It was/is hard to see the tap, but I see it now.

It is obvious he is as comfortable on the ground as you are on your feet... :lol:

Actually you looked comfortable on your feet, but you can tell where you want to take the fight...

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Well I finally got a high speed connection so I could watch the vid. Good job nice finish! My only criticism is that it seemed like you tied him up for too long when he was in your guard. It looked like you didn't want to be hit from your guard but honestly had you not tied him up as much you could have probably gone for a sweep or another move.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I finally got a high speed connection so I could watch the vid. Good job nice finish! My only criticism is that it seemed like you tied him up for too long when he was in your guard. It looked like you didn't want to be hit from your guard but honestly had you not tied him up as much you could have probably gone for a sweep or another move.
He was also basically pulling a LnP job. He tried to posture up only a handful of times and I was pressed against the cage for a period of time, which greatly limits the power you can generate for a sweep. I can pull off an omoplata sweep 90% of the time, but I didn't have the room to pull that off and he was to close for a scissor or pendulum sweep.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure you could have shrimped and made space.
Well, nicely done though!

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
It's called having "good hips." The ground is home for me, whether I am in their guard or vice-versa. I have the utmost confidence that once I get to position, then the fight will be over soon.
Thats a very bold statement. i like that