Fedor fighting on NYE! (source: mmafighting.com)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm pumped. Hopefully he'll get a decent opponent, probably Monson, Rizzo, or Barnett. I really hope it's Barnett, but I doubt we'll get that lucky. The event will be held at the Saitama Super Arena, can't wait.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Maybe it'll be Arona, or even Sergei?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that an M-1 rep denied these claims.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading that now to. I guess we'll know for sure by the first of the month.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh damn! I was gettting excited until I got to the bottom of this thread!

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I think it will be unfortunately against Arona.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
M-1 fighting Global has come out and denied that there will be an event on New Years eve in Japan, saying there was inadequet time to prepare.

Despite this, it may still happen.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Expect a rumor to start floating about Fedor fighting Choi at it. Take it for what it's worth.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Choi Mu Bae or Hong Man Choi? I would be satisfied with Barnett/Monson/Arona, but one of the Choi's, what a joke.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arona would be a interesting re-match. Hell, even a re-match with Babalu would intrigue me.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm hearing a lot about his opponent being Hong Man Choi. Can anyone confirm this?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Monte Cox and Sam Caplan have both confirmed that Fedor will be fighting on NYE against Hong Man Choi.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Expect a rumor to start floating about Fedor fighting Choi at it. Take it for what it's worth.
this is what I hear will happen, boy Fedor in about 1 minute.

I hate to say this as he is the best in the world, but he really needs to fight someone eventually

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is what I hear will happen, boy Fedor in about 1 minute.

I hate to say this as he is the best in the world, but he really needs to fight someone eventually
The best in the world does not fight people like Hong Man Choi. If Fedor takes this fight he should be out of the top 10 immediately for being a waste of talent.

Fedorina needs to retire if he cant fight real fighters.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is a bit harsh for me, but I understand your rationale. He needs to fight a barnett or someone of that ilk who is a free agent

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Fedor is definitely tarnishing his legacy with all these crap fights. Since the Mirko fight, he has only gone against Zulu, Coleman, Hunt and Lindland. That is sad. Can we really keep him at #1 if he hasn't fought any one arguably top 10 guy in the last 2+ years.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
What event is this? I see the MMA site says M-1 is lending him to another organization. So....is it a pay-per-view?

EDIT: The K-1 dynamite event?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Fedor is definitely tarnishing his legacy with all these crap fights. Since the Mirko fight, he has only gone against Zulu, Coleman, Hunt and Lindland. That is sad. Can we really keep him at #1 if he hasn't fought any one arguably top 10 guy in the last 2+ years.
Of course, he's #1 just like Frank Shamrock is still #1 at MW :D

I really think that he'll be in some trouble against a top 5 HW who's active. MMA is growing by leaps and bounds with great fighters coming out of the woodwork.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Of course, he's #1 just like Frank Shamrock is still #1 at MW :D

I really think that he'll be in some trouble against a top 5 HW who's active. MMA is growing by leaps and bounds with great fighters coming out of the woodwork.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Just quoting it for reference later Alexandrovag?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I was attempting to point down to my sig, Jasito "Big Dogg" Ciento veintetresito.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I was attempting to point down to my sig, Jasito "Big Dogg" Ciento veintetresito.
I think you misordered the words in your sig. Shouldn't it be "Fedor beats nobodies"? :twisted:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Hong Man Choi is not the most mobile of fighters at his freshest, and if he fights on 12/31, it will be after the K-1 World Grand Prix on 12/8.

He's slotted to fight Le Banner first, if he wins, then the winner of Schilt_Feitosa, and if he further advances, the winner of the other bracket, mostly likely Bonjasky.

Choi's height makes him very hard to punch, anyone who fights him that night will chop at his legs, he'll probably be at least still slightly hobbled and less able than usual to elude Fedor's shoot.

Unless Fedorina Alexsackovich Emelianenko has lost it, who knows in this upset filled time, he'll throw Choi down and pound him out fast, maybe brutally like Kharitinov did to Semmy Schilt, that was extra harsh and messy.

Fedor should fight a real MMA Superheavyweight to reclaim his cult emperor status - Antonio "Junior" Silva, that's a fight I would like to see.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Fedor should fight a real MMA Superheavyweight to reclaim his cult emperor status - Antonio "Junior" Silva, that's a fight I would like to see.
Now that would be worth seeing.

Wow, some smack vs. Fedor is definitely emerging. I think if he cares about his legacy, refusing the UFC deal was catastrophic.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Now that would be worth seeing.

Wow, some smack vs. Fedor is definitely emerging. I think if he cares about his legacy, refusing the UFC deal was catastrophic.
I don't really have a huge problem with Fedor rejecting the UFC deal because I think Dana's terms and conditions are BS, but I'd like to see M-1 giving him exciting or at least challenging matches. I think Arona would be a decent first match (Emo I haven't seen anything but unsubstantiated rumors of a fight with arona). Then I'd like to see Barnett or Junior and ideally Couture after his contract expires.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I hear you about UFC contract BS, I simply mean that people may look back to that rejection as the end of Fedor's reign as #1. He'd be better respected 20 years from now if he had accepted it.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
It's Arona. They updated it.
Is this actually confirmed? All I've seen is a bunch of people specualting that he was fighting Arona because Choi's name wasn't on the list of competetors.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
According to graciemag.com it is likely that Fedor will face Yoshida on NYE.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This fight will be huge in Japan, but, damn, can't Yoshida have an easy fight for once?
What was his last fight, Thompson? He took a brutal beating in that one. Bad style matchup for him, he did surprisingly good against :box:Wand. Styles make fights. I wonder if Fedor will sub Yoshida, like he did Ogawa. I don't think he likes to use his hammers unless necessary.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was his last fight, Thompson? He took a brutal beating in that one. Bad style matchup for him, he did surprisingly good against :box:Wand. Styles make fights. I wonder if Fedor will sub Yoshida, like he did Ogawa. I don't think he likes to use his hammers unless necessary.
I think he wanted to show Ogawa a lesson for not touching gloves, so he beat him at his own game. Fedor has a good reason for not wanting to throw his sledges around: how many times has he broken his hand now?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think he wanted to show Ogawa a lesson for not touching gloves, so he beat him at his own game. Fedor has a good reason for not wanting to throw his sledges around: how many times has he broken his hand now?
Exactly. Not sure on the count, but definitely enough to play it smart. A month or so from now is gonna be great. Can't wait to see Wand back, +GSP/Hughes, Sok/Machida, Fedor, the Pride LW's that we haven't seen for a while, can't wait.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Not sure on the count, but definitely enough to play it smart. A month or so from now is gonna be great. Can't wait to see Wand back, +GSP/Hughes, Sok/Machida, Fedor, the Pride LW's that we haven't seen for a while, can't wait.
Seriously, fvck Christmas, I want it to be December 29th already.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I still want Fedor in the UFC of course. He didn't want to sign with the UFC so he could join the Russian Sambo tournaments. He won the last tournament without really even fighting b/c everyone he was supposed to face disqualified themselves before the fight so they didn't have to fight him. There was no gold medal match b/c the 2nd place guy was happy enough to get silver and forfeited.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still want Fedor in the UFC of course. He didn't want to sign with the UFC so he could join the Russian Sambo tournaments. He won the last tournament without really even fighting b/c everyone he was supposed to face disqualified themselves before the fight so they didn't have to fight him. There was no gold medal match b/c the 2nd place guy was happy enough to get silver and forfeited.
He also didn't sign because Dana White was talking trash about Fedor's management.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Dana's fvcking daffy as well.
No joke - I don't get easily offended but does he have to drop 2 F-bombs in every single sentence. I have an odd feeling he got picked on a lot as a child.
I guess when he called them "those crazy russians" they didn't particularly like that. who would have thunk it? It's just really too bad for UFC, Fedor, and for us the fans.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't really have a huge problem with Fedor rejecting the UFC deal because I think Dana's terms and conditions are BS, but I'd like to see M-1 giving him exciting or at least challenging matches. I think Arona would be a decent first match (Emo I haven't seen anything but unsubstantiated rumors of a fight with arona). Then I'd like to see Barnett or Junior and ideally Couture after his contract expires.
The UFC was going to give Fedor an unprecedented amount of money and they don't want him risking injury fighting in other competitions is unreasonable? Yes how dare they attempt to protect their investment. We all know NFL players can't go play in Arena Football league in the off season. Why should be expect different from one professional sports organization to another?

Not wanting to guarantee to give his Red Devil teammates fights is unreasonable? A fighter should not be able to dictate who is in any UFC event.

Not wanting to have co-sponsored events in Russia in unreasonable? Nothing needs to be said about this.

Wanting to be able to control who the man they were going to pay a reported 2 million per fight is going to be matched up with is unreasonable? Everyone knows a true champion will fight only top competition.

My understanding is these were the main sticking points and the UFC's position is justified on each point.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The UFC was going to give Fedor an unprecedented amount of money and they don't want him risking injury fighting in other competitions is unreasonable? Yes how dare they attempt to protect their investment. We all know NFL players can't go play in Arena Football league in the off season. Why should be expect different from one professional sports organization to another?

Not wanting to guarantee to give his Red Devil teammates fights is unreasonable? A fighter should not be able to dictate who is in any UFC event.

Not wanting to have co-sponsored events in Russia in unreasonable? Nothing needs to be said about this.

Wanting to be able to control who the man they were going to pay a reported 2 million per fight is going to be matched up with is unreasonable? Everyone knows a true champion will fight only top competition.

My understanding is these were the main sticking points and the UFC's position is justified on each point.
Dana White is god.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Fedor vs. Hong Man Choi or Yoshida =:yawn:

The Russian Bear tapping Marsh = :head: