Update leading to my fight on Saturday, 11/3

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As of today, I am sitting at about 168, so I should be able to make weight much more easily than I expected. My training has been going well and my cardio is on a completely different level than it has ever been. The only real downer is that I found one of my dogs dead yesterday. She was kind of a tortured soul, so I know she is in a better place, but my other dog and I miss her.

My weigh-ins are at 3 PM on Friday and my plan is to begin carb depleting on Wednesday evening, fasting on Thursday at 7PM, eliminating fluids at 10PM, and then hit the sauna at 8 AM on Friday. Today and tomorrow will be my hyper-hydration period and I am going to eat higher carbs today to trick my glycogen stores and, hopefully, deplete that much quicker.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Alright! You're fighting a lot these days. Keep us updated on the weightcutting procedure because I've always been really curious about this.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep us up to date, good luck bro

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your dog. When I've had a pet(or person) die, I get physically sick for days, fever, nausea, the works. Hope this is not the case for you. Anyways good luck man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I got some good news and some bad news.

Bad News: my opponent got hurt
Good News: there is a replacement
Bad News: He is a WW
Good News: I don't have to cut/deplete anymore.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That sucks, he'll probably be much bigger than you like your last opponent. Look on the bright side, if you win you're a LW that kicked a WW's arse!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks, he'll probably be much bigger than you like your last opponent. Look on the bright side, if you win you're a LW that kicked a WW's arse!
I was a little apprehensive at first, but a true fighter doesn't back down from a challenge. It's like I say, "What would Wanderlei do?" He took the fight against Hunt on 4 days notice and I am not outweighed by nearly as much. I will be around 177 come fight time and I won't have to endure nearly as much as my opponent.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I was a little apprehensive at first, but a true fighter doesn't back down from a challenge. It's like I say, "What would Wanderlei do?" He took the fight against Hunt on 4 days notice and I am not outweighed by nearly as much. I will be around 177 come fight time and I won't have to endure nearly as much as my opponent.
That's a great attitude to have, just make sure you bring that axe murderer mentality into the ring with you:bruce2:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My friends say that I have a man-crush on him. I just like to say that I have the ultimate adoration and respect for the guy.
I have a similar stance with Fedor. It's a borderline man-crush. What can I say, I sweat the guy.

Wandy used to be my second fav, but I think he has moved down to around #4 or 5 on my favorites list.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a similar stance with Fedor. It's a borderline man-crush. What can I say, I sweat the guy.

Wandy used to be my second fav, but I think he has moved down to around #4 or 5 on my favorites list.
Blasphemy...

Nah, it's not a huge deal and I know Wand has had a rough run since NYE of '04. Stil, the guy is a warrior with an unparalleled spirit.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Blasphemy...

Nah, it's not a huge deal and I know Wand has had a rough run since NYE of '04. Stil, the guy is a warrior with an unparalleled spirit.
I take that back, a little bit. Probably goes like this for my top 5.

1. Fedor, of course.
2. Anderson Silva
3. Wandy
4. Rampage
5. Kharitonov (I love the russians, this guy enjoys getting punched in the face, his attitude cracks me up)
honorable mention: Terry Martin:rofl: That's for Jas's enjoyment.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take that back, a little bit. Probably goes like this for my top 5.

1. Fedor, of course.
2. Anderson Silva
3. Wandy
4. Rampage
5. Kharitonov (I love the russians, this guy enjoys getting punched in the face, his attitude cracks me up)
For me, it is:
1. Wand
2. Fedor
3. Genki Sudo
4. GSP
5. Rampage

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
For me, it is:
1. Wand
2. Fedor
3. Genki Sudo
4. GSP
5. Rampage
That's a great list. GSP is simply amazing, wish he wouldn't have slept on Serra. Genki is an awesome entertainer, and seems to be a great person, "We Are All One".

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a great list. GSP is simply amazing, wish he wouldn't have slept on Serra. Genki is an awesome entertainer, and seems to be a great person, "We Are All One".

Truer Words Have Never Been Spoken

This is on my MySpace.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Genki is the sh*t! Any idea what he's up to nowadays? Acting, modeling, saving the world?
My guess is that he is acting in Japan. I know that he was a huge start there, but I really want him to un-retire. He is still young and one of the most exciting fighters in the world.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Well, I got some good news and some bad news.

Bad News: my opponent got hurt
Good News: there is a replacement
Bad News: He is a WW
Good News: I don't have to cut/deplete anymore.
good news hes cardio might not be as good if he is taking the fight on short notice do you know anything about him???

also top 5 for me is

1.Couture
2.penn
3.silva
4.ortiz
5.fedor

but thas just me

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with:

1. Igor
2. Wandy
3. Couture
4. Hendo
5. Rampage
6. CC
7. Hughes (I just like how tough he is)
8. Fedor
9. Anderson Silva
10. Penn (I just watch in awe)

Up-n-comer - Sokoudju - he needs more fights but I like what I've seen.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck Rodja!! I feel the same way about Shogun! Mad crush! LOL!

Top 10

Shogun Rua
Vitor Belfort
Anderi Arvolski
Matt Hughes
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Bas Rutten
Robbie Lawler
Paulo Filho
Ricardo Arona

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck Rodja!! I feel the same way about Shogun! Mad crush! LOL!

Top 10

Shogun Rua
Vitor Belfort
Anderi Arvolski
Matt Hughes
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Bas Rutten
Robbie Lawler
Paulo Filho
Ricardo Arona
No Fedor, and you're part of the banana cult, get the fvck outta here. Just joking man. I love Lawler, a little surprised to see Arona on your list.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Fedor below Hughes, I really hate you.
You gotta think about the excitement factor, Alex. :fool2: Actually that was my 1 minute of thought answer. I'd have to really think about it more. I think about a fighter's entire career, though. I still get excited watching old CC, Wandy, and Igor fights.

By the way, here's what Dana said about your boy.

"Hell, no, I wasn't going to pay Fedor more money than Randy Couture ," White sniped. "I don't think Fedor is a top-five heavyweight in the world, and I'm not saying that because I didn't get Fedor. I've always felt that way about Fedor and I always felt Randy Couture would beat Fedor. I was trying to make that fight for Randy Couture."

"Fedor is a farce."

He's so trying to save face for not getting him.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lawler, Bas, I might have to rethink my top 10. I also forgot about my Brit-thug-bangers JT, Lee, Ross.....

No Gina C., UNC?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You gotta think about the excitement factor, Alex. :fool2: Actually that was my 1 minute of thought answer. I'd have to really think about it more. I think about a fighter's entire career, though. I still get excited watching old CC, Wandy, and Igor fights.

By the way, here's what Dana said about your boy.

"Hell, no, I wasn't going to pay Fedor more money than Randy Couture ," White sniped. "I don't think Fedor is a top-five heavyweight in the world, and I'm not saying that because I didn't get Fedor. I've always felt that way about Fedor and I always felt Randy Couture would beat Fedor. I was trying to make that fight for Randy Couture."

"Fedor is a farce."

He's so trying to save face for not getting him.
Dana really made himself look stupid with those comments.

Fedor's entrance>Jas's top 5

I really want to see CNorris' top 5 or 10. I bet it would be quite interesting. Not doggin you Chucky, it's just you have a much different take than most.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Lawler, Bas, I might have to rethink my top 10. I also forgot about my Brit-thug-bangers JT, Lee, Ross.....

No Gina C., UNC?
I forgot about my baby! She tops everyone!!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
No Fedor, and you're part of the banana cult, get the fvck outta here. Just joking man. I love Lawler, a little surprised to see Arona on your list.
I do like Fedor alot. I love the fighting styles that my list has. As for Arona, I don't have a good reason for liking him I just do LOL:toofunny:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I do like Fedor alot. I love the fighting styles that my list has. As for Arona, I don't have a good reason for liking him I just do LOL:toofunny:
I can see why you would like Arona. He's explosive, strong as hell, and he really likes to punish people. I just think he's an as*hole, holding chokes too long, poor excuses and attitude.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I can see why you would like Arona. He's explosive, strong as hell, and he really likes to punish people. I just think he's an as*hole, holding chokes too long, poor excuses and attitude, and he beat Fedor.
Yeah Arona's kind of like a more talented Tito or something. Also, he's a bjj guy, but he never really submits anyone. He had maybe one RNC in Pride and I think he's had one sub in all his ADCC fights too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Arona's kind of like a more talented Tito or something. Also, he's a bjj guy, but he never really submits anyone. He had maybe one RNC in Pride and I think he's had one sub in all his ADCC fights too.
That's exactly what he is-a stronger, more technical, and explosive version of Tito. His ADCC record is insane, but he brings the same mentality to a fight. He wants to show off his outstanding technique instead of doing everything to finish the fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guess who won his fight?? 1st rd submission baby. I am moving my way up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, what variety of submission? Will you be able to post a vid of the fight?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
congrats brother, how'd you finish him?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :head:

I'm just a bit disappointed that you didn't finish with stomps as a nod of respect to your Brazilian Idol!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work Rodj! I agree, a vicious knee to your opponent or a wicked axe kick would have been top knotch. Though a first round sub isn't shabby either ;)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :head:

I'm just a bit disappointed that you didn't finish with stomps as a nod of respect to your Brazilian Idol!
You wanted him to get disqualified? You're a ****, naw, I know what you're saying.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Nice work, man. I'd like to see the vid too. Gogo?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub by strikes actually. I got side control with him pinned against the cage and I trapped his left arm and then unleased hell of the guy. I will try to get a vid of it so I can show all of you guys.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sweeeeet! Nice work and a huge CONGRATS on the victory!!:clap2: :clap2:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the win. What promotion and is it amateur or pro? I know some states don't require ams to be licensed so I was thinking of competing in one of these shows. Sport JJ just isn't for me as my sub defense is punching people in the face and that gets you DQd.

And since we're one the subject my top 10:
Saku - might be washed up now but he was entertaining, good subs, crazy strikes and guard passes.
Fedor - he always fights intelligently and exploits his opponents weakness
Anderson Silva - Great striker and under rated ground skills. Also a very humble person.
Wanderlei - Never backs down from anyone and always pushes the action even if he gets KOd.
Sudo - Epitome of style and a good fighter too
Hayato Sakurai - All around solid fighter

I think GSP lacks heart or focus and while he has the potential to be great he will sabotage himself. Bj penn also tends to sabotage himself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the win. What promotion and is it amateur or pro? I know some states don't require ams to be licensed so I was thinking of competing in one of these shows. Sport JJ just isn't for me as my sub defense is punching people in the face and that gets you DQd.

And since we're one the subject my top 10:
Saku - might be washed up now but he was entertaining, good subs, crazy strikes and guard passes.
Fedor - he always fights intelligently and exploits his opponents weakness
Anderson Silva - Great striker and under rated ground skills. Also a very humble person.
Wanderlei - Never backs down from anyone and always pushes the action even if he gets KOd.
Sudo - Epitome of style and a good fighter too
Hayato Sakurai - All around solid fighter

I think GSP lacks heart or focus and while he has the potential to be great he will sabotage himself. Bj penn also tends to sabotage himself.
It was pro and the promotion was King of Kombat, which is promoted by Mark Coleman and Wes Simms.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sub by strikes actually. I got side control with him pinned against the cage and I trapped his left arm and then unleased hell of the guy. I will try to get a vid of it so I can show all of you guys.
You must feel great. When is your next fight? What is the damn deal, WW or LW?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must feel great. When is your next fight? What is the damn deal, WW or LW?
I am not sure about my next fight, but it will be at LW. This fight was supposed to be at LW, but the only replacement they could find on 3 days notice was at WW. I am practically walking around at 170-172 now.