Silva vs Hendo

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Anderson Silva is looking invincible these days. He is quickly moving up the P4P list, and is #1 on a lot of the MMA expert's lists right now. But lets suppose Hendo dropped down to 185 again. Who do you think takes this one.

I'm going with Henderson. I think Silva is a better overall fighter (certainly more exciting), but Dan is taylored made to beat him. Control wrestlers are what is going to give Anderson the most trouble, as he has a great ground game but not amazing TD defense. We've seen it before against Chonan, Lutter, Newton and so on (although it does look to be getting better)

Hendo also has an invincible jaw. I think Dan is more likely to get a KO of Silva than the other way around. I do think Anderson would win the stand up war, just not get a KO.

Submissions have been a problem for Hendo, but he has been training harder and has better sub defense than before. I think this is the most likely way for Silva to win.

Tell me what you think.

DB2000

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decision Dan would probably win, but anyone can get caught.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I could see Dan squeaking out a ground control decision, but Anderson could be the man to overwhelm him for a TKO. Dan seems to have an iron chin, but Anderson has never been phased by a punch either.

I don't know if anything connected cleanly, but Rich appeared to hit him a few times with zero effect. I actually think Anderson was basically slipping those punches so that even Rich's best shots were merely glancing. The same happened when Rich threw inside leg kicks. Anderson just calmly pulled up and away from it so it had no impact. I think only one connected, but even that seemed to have no effect.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I could see Dan squeaking out a ground control decision, but Anderson could be the man to overwhelm him for a TKO. Dan seems to have an iron chin, but Anderson has never been phased by a punch either.

I don't know if anything connected cleanly, but Rich appeared to hit him a few times with zero effect. I actually think Anderson was basically slipping those punches so that even Rich's best shots were merely glancing. The same happened when Rich threw inside leg kicks. Anderson just calmly pulled up and away from it so it had no impact. I think only one connected, but even that seemed to have no effect.
I have pretty much the same thoughts. Anderson's chin is unbelievable. I remember seeing a youtube clip of him sparring with Big Nog, not exactly a power puncher, but a HW with great technique. He's hitting Anderson with combo's which Anderson seems to be allowing, and it does not phase Anderson whatsoever. If they fought within the next year I might go with Anderson, he's on fire right now, confidence is unbelievable. I hope Hendo drops down. I would be so amped to see this fight.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I hear you. I saw that clip with Anderson boxing with Nog, but I think part of it is that the punches don't really connect. I think his coordination is so good that he doesn't need to cover up that much b/c he is basically slipping punches all the time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's true, he was slipping most of the punches. I'll have to find that clip and watch it again. From what I remember their were a few hard shots that landed and Anderson didn't even seem to notice. You're right though, Anderson is in the matrix, his subtle movements are amazing.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
silva is so slick, and his coordination and elusiveness is crazy good not sure i spelt that right but anyways

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see Dan taking it to the ground and controlling the action there. Keep in mind, I dont think Dan has ever been stopped on his feet either. I really would love to see the UFC sign Lindland to see him and Silva go at it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Not sure who would win. Maybe Dan by control? I think that Silva's chin is better than Dan's, but both are good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think that Silva's chin has been tested, but Dan's has been and he has never been TKO/KO'd.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I would have to pull for Dan. I think he can take Silva. Henderson is so versatile.

And if he can't, UFC should just bring in Ryo Chonan. :thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have to pull for Dan. I think he can take Silva. Henderson is so versatile.

And if he can't, UFC should just bring in Ryo Chonan. :thumbsup:
Chonan is fighitng Karo at WW next month...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chonan is already there, and I cant see Spider falling for the flying heel hook again

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Chonan is already there, and I cant see Spider falling for the flying heel hook again
Chonan was beating him pretty soundly long before that heel hook, but yes, I really can't see him winning the rematch.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a very different Anderson Silva. He does not fit the Chute Boxe style of reckless aggression and, since he left, has completely renovated his style and technique.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Silva barely (maybe questionably) beat Otsuka in Pride. He's definitely a different fighter now.

I've seen Silva take some big punches. He was mounted by Lutter and was getting pounded with little effect. Hendo can take a punch, though.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Dan is definetly one of the few who would probably beat Silva.
I think he could control the fight withstand Silva's and take the decision. That being said Silva is without a doubt on the top of his game right now and this is one of the fights I want to see most right now. Too bad Dan has said he is not going to move back down. No one at MW in the ufc has a shot at taking Silva down.

nsr54

nsr54

Awards
I actually couldn't see Henderson winning the fight, if they do fight and Silva does win, where does he go from there?

To add to the above conversation about Silva's illusiveness, if anyone seen during the Franklin fight where he dropped his hands and dodged 5 or 6 of Franklin's punches by bobbing and weaving. I don't think much more can be said about his illusiveness than that.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I actually couldn't see Henderson winning the fight, if they do fight and Silva does win, where does he go from there?

To add to the above conversation about Silva's illusiveness, if anyone seen during the Franklin fight where he dropped his hands and dodged 5 or 6 of Franklin's punches by bobbing and weaving. I don't think much more can be said about his illusiveness than that.
I think when Rich threw a high kick during that display he thought it was pretty much over at that point. Looked like he lost ALL confidence in the fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Two words: Matt Lindland