M-1 continues - AnabolicMinds.com

M-1 continues

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

M-1 continues

It seems that they just signed Ricardo Arona and they are hinting at a Fedor rematch v. Arona. This is going to start to hurt Fedor's legacy IMO when he is only active against guys out of their weightclass

2. Advanced Member

Ricardo Arona is one of my favorite fighters. Good to see they are getting a great list of fighters. I'm looking forward to it.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is so pathetic. Fedor is going to announce the mystery billionaire at a press conference on Monday. It smells like Vince McMahon
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Arona-Fedor is somewhat interesting. I'd watch it. Somehow I feel like Vince Mc wouldn't fly in Russia.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Arona is a great personality/fighter. Glad he got picked up somewhere. I bet the mystery millionaire is that Russian oil tycoon that owns that soccer team and I think the world's largest yacht. Saw him on The Fabulous Life Of... I hate that show, BTW!!! LMAO!
  6. Senior Member

The "Mystery Millionaire", actually Billionaire, who either has a stake in M-1 or will do a deal with them and his HDNetfights is Mark Cuban, the owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks.

I'd bet big money that unless Couture's UFC contract was written to financially penalize him for leaving and fighting elsewhere before it's end, that M-1, with or without Cuban will do Fedor_Couture before the end of 2008.The dollar* potential for all, promoters and the two fighters, is too lucrative to pass up.

* - If Couture is fiscally shrewd, he'll want to lock in his pay in Euros, and not in the ever declining US dollar.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

If Fedor can pound on Nog then he shouldn't have too much problems with Arona. Especially since Arona's stand-up and chin are a lot weaker too.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    If Fedor can pound on Nog then he shouldn't have too much problems with Arona. Especially since Arona's stand-up and chin are a lot weaker too.
    Yeah but Arona's wrestling is much better than Nog's and he's way more explosive. I don't disagree with the end result, though.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    The "Mystery Millionaire", actually Billionaire, who either has a stake in M-1 or will do a deal with them and his HDNetfights is Mark Cuban, the owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks.

I'd bet big money that unless Couture's UFC contract was written to financially penalize him for leaving and fighting elsewhere before it's end, that M-1, with or without Cuban will do Fedor_Couture before the end of 2008.The dollar* potential for all, promoters and the two fighters, is too lucrative to pass up.

* - If Couture is fiscally shrewd, he'll want to lock in his pay in Euros, and not in the ever declining US dollar.

I agree that it is Mark Cuban. The deal with Couture seems to depend on who you talk to. I've been reading that Couture's camp seems to think that in 9 months his contract with the UFC is up. Dana says that if Randy does come back, regardless or timeframe, he has fights left on his UFC contract and cannot fight anywhere else. I have to believe that Dana will not allow this or at least drag it out in court if it comes down to it.

I don't really need to see Fedor vs Arona again. What is Arona going to bring to the table that he didn't the first time or that Fedor hasn't seen before? We really need Fedor vs Barnett, Randy, Gonzaga?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

M-1 World Debut - Fedor vs Rizzo?

Fedor Emelianenko, the famed Russian fighter who is seriously challenging the old adage that no man is an island, still does not have a date for his first fight under M-1 Global.

But does he have an opponent?

Our buddy Brent Brookhouse is passing word from Tatame.com that Pedro “The Rock” Rizzo is in fact preparing for a bout with the former PRIDE heavyweight champion but that the negotiating is still in its infancy.

The Heavy Champion of the Art of War, Pedro Rizzo, who traveled yesterday to Netherlands to help his friend Peter Aerts in the preparation for the K-1 GP final, also has the aim of sharpening his exchanges for a possible fight against the Russian Fedor Emilianenko. “Actually, we received a proposal, but we can´t say from whom. Now it´s too early to speak”, said Jorge Guimarăes (Joinha) Rizzo´s manager.

Rizzo may not have much left in terms of star power, but his knockout power and TKO victory over Jeff Monson at Art of War 3 actually puts him ahead of Monson from a competitive standpoint.

While Fedor had hoped to fight on New Year’s Eve, that date was quickly dismissed by M-1 President Monte Cox as being too restrictive.

Hopefully M-1 Global can get something on paper soon as Fedor’s star is starting to fade. No one can question what he’s accomplished in this sport but you can’t build a company of the future on memories of the past.

The clock is ticking.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

That match should last about 45 seconds.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I was a little disappointed when I read that as well...it doesn't appear to be set in stone though...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I was a little disappointed when I read that as well...it doesn't appear to be set in stone though...
    Ya, there aren't too many good HW out there left. Barnett of course. Hunt? who he already beat. Aleks, who he won't fight of course. Sadly, I saw Pedro getting pushed around and winded fighting that big guy on "The Human Weapon". He looked terrible.
  14. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    Ya, there aren't too many good HW out there left. Barnett of course. Hunt? who he already beat. Aleks, who he won't fight of course. Sadly, I saw Pedro getting pushed around and winded fighting that big guy on "The Human Weapon". He looked terrible.
    I am pretty sure that was Ricco Rodriguez on the Human Weapon.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I am pretty sure that was Ricco Rodriguez on the Human Weapon.
    Ahh crap, you are right. I was totally thinking of the wrong guy. I expect Pedro to put up a far better fight than Ricco could (obviously). I still think Fedor will tear through him but at least Pedro has some skills to potentially make it interesting.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Rizzo is a pretty piss poor first match for Fedor and a bad sign for M-1's potential as an org. GET BARNETT.

From the sounds of it, the first event will be in Chicago, and I'll be there.
  17. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Rizzo is a pretty piss poor first match for Fedor and a bad sign for M-1's potential as an org. GET BARNETT.

From the sounds of it, the first event will be in Chicago, and I'll be there.
    I've got to take this opportunity to see Fedor fight. Got a bunkbed I can crash on
  18. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I've got to take this opportunity to see Fedor fight. Got a bunkbed I can crash on
    Arent you going to invite me? We are such good friends afterall.

On a serious note, I would go see Fedor in Chicago...... if he was fighting Couture.

I wouldnt make a 7 hour drive to see him beat up on a washed up fighter.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

As long as you promise to sleep on your stomach.
  20. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Arent you going to invite me? We are such good friends afterall.

On a serious note, I would go see Fedor in Chicago...... if he was fighting Couture.

I wouldnt make a 7 hour drive to see him beat up on a washed up fighter.
    You're definitely invited, I was planning to make space for you in my trunk

I hear you on not wanting to watch Fedor beat up on a semi can, but it's probably one of the last chances we'll get to see him in the states.

Where do you live Norris?
  21. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    As long as you promise to sleep on your stomach.
    I don't know if I can handle "Thundercock"!
  22. Banned

You're definitely invited, I was planning to make space for you in my trunk

I hear you on not wanting to watch Fedor beat up on a semi can, but it's probably one of the last chances we'll get to see him in the states.

Where do you live Norris?
    I'm about 7 hours Northwest on 94 from Chicago. Twin Cities suburb.

Its surprising to hear about huge MMA name fighting even within 7 hours of me.
  23. Senior Member

I think that Fedor should smack talk Alexander, to the point where he gets pissed off , trains for a while at Extreme Couture and fights E-Fed.

No, not our Alexander. That fight would last about three seconds, Fed flicking Alex off his sack with a flick of his finger.

I mean Karelin.
  24. Elite Member

I'm like a white Barry Sanders. I could juke E-fed(gayest nickname ever) for at least a minute. No soviet on soviet beatdowns, at least not those two. Lesnar wins a few bouts in the UFC, gains a huge rep, M-1 offers him big bucks to fight Fedor. It'll be like Rocky 4, only this time Rocky really "can't win".
  25. Senior Member

Lesnar v Karelin, that's a fight. MMA Untrained Beasts, shoot muscle and GNP, force on force.

Who wants to take on Rodja? The only announced fighter around here. Step up and declare.

I excuse myself, I'm too old and weak.
  26. Elite Member

That would be great. At this point I've got to give the advantage to Lesnar, assuming Karelin hasn't been training hard. Does a guy like Karelin even really need to train hard though? What an animal that guy was.

Kimbo, no problem, but Rodja you're too weak for? I aint bitin on this one. Perhaps Jas's gay mud wrestling skills would transition well into MMA
  27. Elite Member

waiting for Cnorris to tell me Lesnar will destroy Karelin/Fedor at the same time
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Sweet dude some more fights in chicago would be the bomb. I heard they are planning on having some UFC there too. I could definitely carpool with cnorris.

I don't know if Pedro Rizzo would do well though, last I heard he is kind of punchy, a little brain damaged.
  29. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Sweet dude some more fights in chicago would be the bomb. I heard they are planning on having some UFC there too. I could definitely carpool with cnorris.

I don't know if Pedro Rizzo would do well though, last I heard he is kind of punchy, a little brain damaged.
    I'm not sure if I would go to CHI-Town to see Fedor fight a can, but I would go for a UFC for sure.

Do you live MN warrior?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Yup, Minneapolis.
  31. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    Lesnar v Karelin, that's a fight. MMA Untrained Beasts, shoot muscle and GNP, force on force.

Who wants to take on Rodja? The only announced fighter around here. Step up and declare.

I excuse myself, I'm too old and weak.
    I would take Karelin but I would take Karelin over just about anybody.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Arnold continues to impress me!
    By DieTrying in forum Politics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 10:11 AM
  2. To continue or not...?
    By mauibuilt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:46 AM
  3. continue or take break
    By D_town in forum Anabolics