UFC 77 Contest

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. UFC 77 Contest


    Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen

    Not sure why they only have 4 fights listed as the main card bouts, but they better show Okami-MacDonald.

    Rules:
    Same rules as always. Pick a winner for all fights(2 points per correct pick), pick method of victory(KO, Sub, or Dec),(1 point per correct pick, only if you picked the winner of the fight correctly), pick the time you think the main event will end, that's the tie breaker, if necessary.

    Get your picks up by 8 pm est on Saturday.


  2. Jensen-KO

  3. Alright lets give this one more try lol.

    Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin- Silva-TKO-2nd 1:45
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera- Sylvia-UD
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher- Starnes-Sub
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar- Bonnar by steroids-TKO

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald- Okami-Sub
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz- Burkman-TKO
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice- Grice- Sub
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson- Gurgel-Sub
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen- Jensen- KO
    •   
       


  4. Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin --KO 2nd Rd 2:48
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera- TKO
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher - Decision
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar - KO

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald-Decision
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz-TKO
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice- KO
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson - Tap Out
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen- Decision
    Last edited by firefighter2032; 10-16-2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Missed one of the picks

  5. Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva - KO rd 3 2:31
    -Tim Sylvia - KO
    -Alan Belcher - KO
    -Stephan Bonnar - decision

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami - TKO
    -Josh Burkman KO
    -Jason Black - sub
    -Jorge Gurgel - decision
    -Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen - KO

  6. -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin-TKO Rd 2, 1:45
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera Submission
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher-Decision
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar-TKO

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald-TKO
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz-Decision
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice-TKO
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson-Decision
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan Jensen-TKO
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. Silva- KO 2:25 Rd. 2
    Vera- Decision
    Starnes- Decision
    Bonnar- TKO

    Okami- Decision
    Burkman- TKO
    Grice- TKO
    Gurgel- Decision
    Jenson- TKO

  8. -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin - TKO Rd 1, 3:31
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera - Submission
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher - Decision
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar - TKO

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald - TKO
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz - Decision
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice - Submission
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson - Submission
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan Jensen - TKO

  9. -Rich Franklin by TKO 2nd
    -Tim Sylvia By TKO 1st
    -Kalib Starnes by Dec.
    -Stephan Bonner by TKO 3rd
    -Jason MacDonald by SUB 2nd
    -Josh Burkman by TKO 2nd
    -Jason Black by 3rd SUB
    -Alvin Robinson by DEC
    -Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen by DEC

  10. [QUOTE=jas123;1046203]Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen


    Franklin Rd4 TKO via GnP at 3:33 in the round
    Sylvia by decision
    Starnes by submission
    Bonnar by submission
    Okami by TKO
    Burkman by KO
    Black by decision
    Robinson by decision
    Jensen by TKO

    On a side note....Bonnar vs Schafer on the main card?? WTF?

  11. Anderson Silva-tko rd 3 3:20
    Brandon Vera sub
    Kalib Starnes tko
    Stephan Bonnar tko
    Yushin Okami tko
    Forrest Petz sub
    Jason Black dec
    Alvin Robinson sub
    Ryan Jensen-TKO

  12. -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin TKO Rd2 2:25
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera UD
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher TKO rd2
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar UD

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald TKO rd1
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz TKO rd1
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice UD
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson UD
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen Sub rd2

  13. I cant believe there are people picking Franklin here, I dont see how hw stands a chance. However I could be wrong, and my record on thse fights is pathetic so I guess Franklin will win

  14. -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin TKO Rd2 3:50
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera Sub Rd3
    -Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher TKO rd2
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar TKO rd2

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald TKO rd2
    -Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz TKO rd1
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice UD
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson Sub Rd2
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen Sub rd1

    I cant see Rich Franklin taking Silva, Silva is better on his feet and on the ground.

    I think the Sylvia Vera fight is really tough to call. Its like one of the toughest in a while. Really unpredictable from both, i think it could go both ways but if Sylvia shows his one dimension then Vera might confuse him.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I cant believe there are people picking Franklin here, I dont see how hw stands a chance. However I could be wrong, and my record on thse fights is pathetic so I guess Franklin will win
    I picked Rich just because I think he has the heart and the stamina. If he can avoid the quick KO I think he can wear Silva down and finally finish him on the ground. However I have no reason to actually think this other than I'm sort of a Franklin fan. I have no problem with Silva though b/c he is VERY exciting to watch.

  16. I rewatched the Marquardt fight and Silva's defensive ground game looks solid as hell. Sometimes he gets a little wild, though, with flying knees and such. Rich wasn't doing too bad in the standup with Silva until he got in that thai clinch, but I still don't see him surviving a standup war with a Silva. If Ace takes this it will be by LnP or timing dropping to one knee prefectly so that Silva gets DQed.

    I feel like I might have convinced people that Jensen is the real deal. He looked decent against the rising Leites, but it's too early to say. I don't know much about Maia, but Jensen is a bjj blackbelt and I don't see getting subbed by someone that's not really good.

    I don't see Vera getting Sylvia to the ground as better wrestlers have had plenty of problems. But yeah, it could go either way.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I rewatched the Marquardt fight and Silva's defensive ground game looks solid as hell. Sometimes he gets a little wild, though, with flying knees and such. Rich wasn't doing too bad in the standup with Silva until he got in that thai clinch, but I still don't see him surviving a standup war with a Silva. If Ace takes this it will be by LnP or timing dropping to one knee prefectly so that Silva gets DQed.

    I feel like I might have convinced people that Jensen is the real deal. He looked decent against the rising Leites, but it's too early to say. I don't know much about Maia, but Jensen is a bjj blackbelt and I don't see getting subbed by someone that's not really good.

    I don't see Vera getting Sylvia to the ground as better wrestlers have had plenty of problems. But yeah, it could go either way.

    I completely agree with u on the ACE/Silva fight. I never got a chance to see Silva while he was at pride but damn when he came over to the UFC totally different level. The clinch Silva had on Ace didn't seem that hard to get away from. Maybe cause I wasn't in it lol. I see it lasting a little longer this time but pretty much the same result.

    I see The Manaic stalking Vera, controlling the match. I see it being boring for the most part with Slyvia throwing more kicks and punches. If Vera does what my boy AA did in the first fight and what I thought he was going to do in the second fight he should win. I just don't see it happening though.

  18. Vera is gonna land some nasty leg kicks on Sylvia, Kaman style, Rogue knows.

  19. I don't see Franklin being able to take this, but maybe I'm wrong.

    He'll get smashed on the feet, but at the same time, he'll be too skerd to clinch for a takedown for fear of more facial rearrangement. Maybe he can shoot for the legs, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Franklin do that.

  20. Anderson Silva SUB @ Rd. 3 2:30
    Tim Sylvia KO
    Alan Belcher SUB
    Stephan Bonnar DEC.
    Yushin Okami DEC
    Josh Burkman DEC
    Black SUB
    Alvin Robinson DEC
    Demian Maia SUB (Sorry, boys, I'm going against the grain purely out of strategy...and reality)

  21. I can't believe a couple of these morons are picking against Jensen You guys know Jas whooped him back in HS, that's what got him into MMA

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    I don't see Franklin being able to take this, but maybe I'm wrong.

    He'll get smashed on the feet, but at the same time, he'll be too skerd to clinch for a takedown for fear of more facial rearrangement. Maybe he can shoot for the legs, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Franklin do that.
    Yeah, I really hope Hendo drops to 185 and fights Anderson, that would be a tough one to call. My money would say Hendo, but I would want Anderson to win.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I cant believe there are people picking Franklin here, I dont see how hw stands a chance. However I could be wrong, and my record on thse fights is pathetic so I guess Franklin will win
    Franklin has learned his lesson. He assumed he could over power Silva. He's going to come in with a very different strategy. That being said;

    Silva rd2 (t)ko 3:45
    Vera dec
    Starnes dec
    Bonner dec
    Okami dec
    Burkman rd2 (t)ko
    Black rd3 sub
    Gurgle rd1 sub
    Jensen rd1 (t)ko

    I almost want to pick Vera by sub, just because I have so many decision on the main card, but I gotta go with my gut. I don't see it being a great card. The only match that really intrests me is Vera/Sylvia just to see if Brandon is the "Truth" or the "Hype"

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yeah, I really hope Hendo drops to 185 and fights Anderson, that would be a tough one to call. My money would say Hendo, but I would want Anderson to win.
    Hendo would maul him IMO.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Franklin has learned his lesson. He assumed he could over power Silva. He's going to come in with a very different strategy.

    The only match that really intrests me is Vera/Sylvia just to see if Brandon is the "Truth" or the "Hype"
    I agree, that's quote worthy. I think Franklin will, or should anyway, fight the Okami Strategy, withdraw and counter punch on an advancing Silva to look for the opportunity to take Silva down and use his superior strength for a wrestling/GNP win.

    But I don't think it will work, Silva has too good a game at every position.

    Kaman/Jardineesque low kicks would be a good strategy for Vera to employ, but I think Sylvia's Reach and Willingness to press, he has to be feeling really dissed and pissed right now, will be too much "Truth" for Brandon to beat.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I feel like I might have convinced people that Jensen is the real deal. He looked decent against the rising Leites, but it's too early to say. I don't know much about Maia, but Jensen is a bjj blackbelt and I don't see getting subbed by someone that's not really good.
    Maia is a ground wizard transitioning to MMA. If Jensen wins it will be on the feet (he looked strong and aggressive there) or by GNP. If he loses, it will be by sub.

  27. I wanna change my vote to Maia with a 2rnd sub over Jensen.

  28. Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin by TKO, Rd2
    -Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera, dec
    -Kalib Starnes, sub vs. Alan Belcher
    -Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar, Dec

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami, TKO vs. Jason MacDonald
    -Josh Burkman, SUB vs. Forrest Petz
    -Jason Black vs. Matt Grice, TKO
    -Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson, TKO
    -Demian Maia vs. Ryan "the future of the MW division" Jensen, SUB

    RED = WINNER.

  29. Silva-KO-Rd2 2:10
    Vera-Sub
    Starnes-KO
    Bonnar-KO

    Okami-KO
    Burkman-dec
    Grice-KO
    Robinson-dec
    Jensen-KO

  30. Silva Sub Rd2 1:01.6325481
    Sylvia TKO
    Starnes TKO
    Bonnar TKO
    Okami TKO - why is this on the undercard?
    Burkman TKO
    Black Sub
    Gurgel TKO
    Maia Sub

  31. Alirght, Dance, I'll count your pick as Maia by sub. You can edit your original post if you wish.

    Ugab, you forgot yorur time for the main event.

    Polls close in about 15 minutes (8 pm est) because fights start then.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Maia is a ground wizard transitioning to MMA. If Jensen wins it will be on the feet (he looked strong and aggressive there) or by GNP. If he loses, it will be by sub.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't realize his history in Abu Dhabi. I think he has good takedowns as well.

  33. Told

    You

    So

  34. Just glancing at it, I think Beowulf's got this one.

  35. Damn it, mmalinker doesn't have the fights up yet. Anyone know of another that has them?

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Told

    You

    So
    You were right. I knew Jensen was in trouble when Maia came out to the Last of The Mohicans 'theme song'. Jensen's intro song was dope to though. Beo's been into MMA for a year or so and already analyzes fights better, ****in dork

    Anderson Silva has now moved up from #5 to #2 on my favorite fighters list, for anyone that could possibly care. Dude's movement is the best sh*t I've seen since Barry Sanders. Class act, exciting fighter, and wins! I remember arguing with Sir Savage aka Tony 'the Barnacle' Savage about Anderson's ability/future. So far it looks like Savage was right, although I still want to see him against the likes of Hendo/Lindland/Filho, whom I thought he would lose to, and am now unsure. Anderson seems to be unbelievably strong for what he looks like, and I'm not sure anyone even at 205 can beat him. I think Anderson stands a good chance of beating Rampage if they were to fight. Scary thing is Anderson could probably cut to 170 if he wanted to.

    With all the talent available would it be possible for us to start seeing some better cards Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the PPV, but I want better.

  37. The fight is up now at mmalinker for those who didn't get the PPV.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post

    Anderson Silva has now moved up from #5 to #2 on my favorite fighters list, for anyone that could possibly care. Dude's movement is the best sh*t I've seen since Barry Sanders. Class act, exciting fighter, and wins! I remember arguing with Sir Savage aka Tony 'the Barnacle' Savage about Anderson's ability/future. So far it looks like Savage was right, although I still want to see him against the likes of Hendo/Lindland/Filho, whom I thought he would lose to, and am now unsure. Anderson seems to be unbelievably strong for what he looks like, and I'm not sure anyone even at 205 can beat him. I think Anderson stands a good chance of beating Rampage if they were to fight. Scary thing is Anderson could probably cut to 170 if he wanted to.
    Guy just has sick talent and ability.

    The most impressive part about him, I think, is just how every strike he throws is like a precision-guided bomb. It's just ridiculous how he lands anything he wants, anytime he wants.

  39. That was one of the best 1st rounds that I have seen in awhile in the UFC. Franklin looked better, but damn Silva is just sick, unreal, freaking awesome!!!!!!!

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Guy just has sick talent and ability.

    The most impressive part about him, I think, is just how every strike he throws is like a precision-guided bomb. It's just ridiculous how he lands anything he wants, anytime he wants.
    Absolutely, the guy is unreal. BTW thanks for the tub of Synthesize you bought me with the winnings from the Fedor/Lindland bet
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  2. Brandon Vera vs Tim Sylvia at UFC 77
    By Tattooed76 in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:45 AM
  3. Ufc 77
    By UNCfan1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM
  4. UFC 73 Contest - STACKED
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 11:35 AM
  5. UFC 70 Contest
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Log in
Log in